2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

Quick update on comp pick status

Qualifying Signed:

Kendall Fuller ($10M AAV)

Wes Schweitzer ($4.5M AAV)

Kevin Pierre-Louis ($3.5M AAV)

Non-Qualifying Signed:

Thomas Davis (Unknown AAV; released by Chargers)

Qualifying Lost:

Ereck Flowers ($10M AAV)

Case Keenum ($6M AAV)

Currently, we would not be in line for any comp picks, given that we’ve signed more than we’ve lost. 

We do have some former players who are expected to leave that would qualify for the formula: Colt McCoy, Chris Thompson, Donald Penn, DRC, Wendel Smallwood, Tony Bergstrom, Caleb Brantley. We want a few of those guys to latch on elsewhere (and stick on the roster all year). In truth though, with Flowers canceled by Fuller and Keenum probably canceled by Schweitzer, the best we’d be hoping for would be a late round pick anyway. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Except now we have to draft a TE and some OL with those picks instead. Because we didn't upgrade those positions in FA (and no the Falcons lineman is not an "upgrade")

Just bc we didn't sign the top TEs in the market doesn't mean there isn't one out there that can’t help us still. Also, Sprinkle may become more consistent as a starter in his second year. He didn't have an issue getting open, he just had some bad drops. Hopefully, he becomes more consistent  and doesn't have the bad drops this year.

14 hours ago, e16bball said:

In fairness to them (and you), there haven’t been a TON of offensive players I really wanted. Would have liked to see them move more proactively after a LG after Flowers left, but I can’t say I would have given Graham Glasgow the contract he got from Denver, for example. 

But Hooper...I just don’t get it. And what really pissed me off was Keim, in his typical know it all way, with his whole “Hooper wasn’t a target. They liked him but NOT when they realized where the money was going.” What?? Getting into the $10-11M range? We just gave the same contract to a slot CB. How is that so out of bounds that you just give up on a consensus top 10 player (at age 25) at arguably our biggest position of need? He would have been a HUGE asset for Haskins — it just makes no sense to me. If he didn’t want to come here, okay. But why bow out before push even came to shove?

Oh well, what’s done is done. 

Fair point but at the same time he's not the only option at TE, he’s just what was perceived to be the best TE available.

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Just bc we didn't sign the top TEs in the market doesn't mean there isn't one out there that can’t help us still. Also, Sprinkle may become more consistent as a starter in his second year. He didn't have an issue getting open, he just had some bad drops. Hopefully, he becomes more consistent  and doesn't have the bad drops this year.

one of my problems with Ebron

Edited by Doc Draper

4 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Do you think anybody signs Chris Thompson, Colt, or Reed? 

I think Thompson & Reed will eventually sign, I think Colt will be in a position where he may be unemployed until a team has QB injuries during the year and wants a vet.

37 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Who else do we have on the roster at the TE spot? Getting a veteran presence there is key so we aren't forced to use a higher pick than otherwise on the position. 

Please give us a run-down of the TE's left that you want.

34 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Fair point but at the same time he's not the only option at TE, he’s just what was perceived to be the best TE available.

And we have the MOST need at that position AND a crapton of cap space. This was a no brainer to at least try to be in the discussion. We passed.

17 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Do you think anybody signs Chris Thompson, Colt, or Reed? 

I figure CT will get picked up. A team like Tampa Bay would be a great fit for him, he’d work very well with Brady. Someone will need a player like him. 

Hard to say with Reed — I hope no one does, but I would think someone signs him. The upside is there, the guy can still play if he’s healthy. He’s absolutely better from a current ability standpoint than anyone we’ll get this offseason. 

I think it will take McCoy a while to find a place in the game of QB musical chairs. Maybe if the Jags manage to trade Foles, he could follow Gruden there?

We have Caleb Wilson who we selected off a practice squad and put him on the active roster. I’m very curious to see what we have in him at TE. Don’t think he’s a blocker, more receiver type. 

Also We just signed Marcus Baugh who had previously played on the Panthers and went to OHIO ST. 

DB is still a problem. If we don’t bring back QD, then there will be a gaping hole at CB. Moreau, Fuller, Moreland? 

Still some old guys in out there that could work:

Chris Harris, Desmond Trufant, Logan Ryan, Xavier Rhodes, Kevin Johnson, PJ Williams 

Edited by A TRAIN 89