2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I think I’d rather have Saadiq Charles but I’ll defer to @PARROTHEAD for that one 

He helped the line get the award for best offensive line unit.

Hes solid, gets better year by year and is only 20. Im not sure he can roll in and be a star LT. But hes got good feet so would let him battle Moses in improving the right side. Might take a year more developing to do so. But I wouldnt mind grabbing him to help sure up the line. Potential is surely there, mainly he just needs to get a bit stronger.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

I like the idea of Saahdiq Charles’ athleticism, but I’m sick of drafting OL without functional strength. 

It will be year 3 for Geron Christian and his strength is still a question mark. 

Yeah, I think it depends where Charles is drafted for me. I don’t want to draft him in round 3. I could see drafting him with our 4th round comp pick or in the 5th. If he isn’t there then, so be it.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

I like the idea of Saahdiq Charles’ athleticism, but I’m sick of drafting OL without functional strength. 

It will be year 3 for Geron Christian and his strength is still a question mark. 

Yet another indictment against the old S&C department 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yet another indictment against the old S&C department 

Plus Geron has never come across as a guy that would enjoy working out. If it wasnt for the football paycheck. He seems the type to run out of breath walking down to the corner for a bag of powdered donuts.

Saahdiq I dont think is like that. That unit with LSU was a tight, close knit unit from all accounts. Put a group of guys working out like the Line units, and he seems one to want to be part and entrenched with the group.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Plus Geron has never come across as a guy that would enjoy working out. If it wasnt for the football paycheck. He seems the type to run out of breath walking down to the corner for a bag of powdered donuts.

Saahdiq I dont think is like that. That unit with LSU was a tight, close knit unit from all accounts. Put a group of guys working out like the Line units, and he seems one to want to be part and entrenched with the group.

What happened with Saahdiq where he was suspended last year? I just read that some teams have taken him off their draft board.

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

What happened with Saahdiq where he was suspended last year? I just read that some teams have taken him off their draft board.

Im one of those that think its due to multiple times pot was found in his system. Which makes even more sense when you say teams have him off their boards. Cause I would say it might be a problem. But if he plays well and still works hard. With the league not passing out suspensions for it anymore. I dont have an issue with drafting him 4th or later.

4 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Im one of those that think its due to multiple times pot was found in his system. Which makes even more sense when you say teams have him off their boards. Cause I would say it might be a problem. But if he plays well and still works hard. With the league not passing out suspensions for it anymore. I dont have an issue with drafting him 4th or later.

I'm with you on that. thanks 

25 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I still have not seen a definitive statement on this. Can anyone point to a link that shows this?

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I still have not seen a definitive statement on this. Can anyone point to a link that shows this?

https://sports.yahoo.com/new-nfl-cba-would-eliminate-suspensions-for-positive-drug-tests-including-marijuana-215756378.html

It's fines now, not suspensions. You still have to go into the program after you test positive.