Vic Beasley vs Dante Fowler.

Tugboat

Vic Beasley vs Dante Fowler.  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which coveted 2015 pass rusher would you rather sign, at even money?

• Vic Beasley.
    • Dante Fowler Jr.

Seems like Fowler has more "even" production, as Vic has one blip on his career. Fowler looks to be on the upswing too, with his career year last season. Fowler had an ACL injury his rookie season, correct? I want to say he tore it, but my memory is fuzzy on that...

That's probably the biggest thing to look into, how that knee is holding up.

Vic Beasley doesn't have heart or that dog in him you could say. He's not passionate about hte game. Fowler was a ricky bobby rusher (wanted to go fast, but didn't know how to use his hands) that's finally developing a pass rush repertoire. Fowler also can play the run and Vic gets run over. I'd have Fowler 10 days out of 9.

• Like 6

Honestly? Neither. I guess Fowler if you forced me to choose. Vic is... he really needs to be in the correct situation, and even then, he's only a "nice piece" to your team, and not a stud. A Falcons podcaster I follow referred to him as a nice chess piece, but nothing more. He just doesn't have the technical ability to blow past larger tackles, he has to win purely based on a speed rush or not at all.

Career Averages:

Fowler: 6.8 sacks, 8.5 TFL, 10.75 QB hits, 1.5 FF, 4.25 AV

Beasley: 7.5 sacks, 7.2 TFL, 9.2 QB hits, 2.2 FF, 6.8 AV

Pressures Career Averages (data for this only began in 2018):

Fowler: 29.5

Beasley: 19

Missed Tackle% Career Averages (data for this also only began in 2018):

Fowler: 12.8%

Beasley: 18.4%

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hukos said:

Honestly? Neither. I guess Fowler if you forced me to choose. Vic is... he really needs to be in the correct situation, and even then, he's only a "nice piece" to your team, and not a stud. A Falcons podcaster I follow referred to him as a nice chess piece, but nothing more. He just doesn't have the technical ability to blow past larger tackles, he has to win purely based on a speed rush or not at all.

Talking about falcfans? 

Fowler is an ascending player who has vastly improved in a short time with the Rams. His pass rush win rate this year was on par with or better than players like Nick Bosa, Von Miller, Yannick Ngakoue, and Khalil Mack. He's also an above average run defender. Really good on the back side. And he deflected a good number of passes this year. I'd take a risk on him long before Beasley. I'd even consider keeping him if I were the Rams. I didn't feel that way last year, but he really took a major step forward this year and is still only 25.