37 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be fired?

• Mack McCaffrey
    • Ted Thompson (born January 17, 1953)
    • A-A-Ron
    • the Patriots
    • there is no fifth option

2 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

If they won two you'd want three.  If they won three then 4 should be expected.  Enjoy what we are seeing now because you know they can't win the lottery again and have a 3rd HOF QB in a row.  

This is a terrible argument that gets used over and over again. No one has said this, its just a poor excuse to try to justify why we continue to underperform year after year. 

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

No it's not. But it also doesn't automatically mean we ****ed up over and over. Nobody blames Wolf for one win. This staff gets murdered for one win.

Wolf caught a little heat back in the day for not surrounding Favre with better talent at times, but yeah .. Thompson/McCarthy/Rodgers get murdered.  It's the longevity of that trio that makes it a little perplexing more than anything.  They've really had an ideal situation in that they haven't had the kind of upheaval usually seen every few years in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is a terrible argument that gets used over and over again. No one has said this, its just a poor excuse to try to justify why we continue to underperform year after year. 

Agreed .. that argument just seems like excuse making to me.  The Thompson/McCarthy/Rodgers trio has had probably the best situation to work with in the league.  Throw in a few years of Favre as well .. there should be more trophies in Green Bay.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It's not too much for Packers fans to expect more than 2 titles in 20 plus years of hall of fame qb play.

I don't think it's bad to want or expect multiple titles, but I would say history isn't on your side.

A lot of HoFs with 0-1 Super Bowl. Heck of the modern QBs with multiple titles I would say only Brady and Peyton would still be considered HoFs without their rings. Ben and Eli I think needed all of their rings for people to see them as more then your Joe Flacco's of the NFL world.

Plus Peyton only won 1 with the team that drafted him.

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

It's no sense arguing , same cycle every year. These people  get in a frenzy, when we under perform, never want to change anything, insist everything is fine and then berate other people  who believe we should be doing something better/ expect more, rinse and repeat. 

The argument of never being happy is weak, and childish.  

We simply haven't stayed healthy (other than 2014) since winning the SB, I don't know what is so hard to understand. Healthy teams make the SB, look at Denver/CAR and ATL/NE last year. Healthy football teams. Teams that start Ladarius Gunter and a one legged Damarious Randall have no margin for error. We went on that win streak because the offense was flawless and Crosby was clutch. Crosby misses a FG, offense turns the ball over a few times in ATL, season over. If that would've happened in Dallas or against NYG, our season would've been over then too. 2015 was no different. We had no OL or WRs by the time we got to ARI. Obviously whomever made the call to not go for 2 at the end of that one blew that game IMO, but after suffering the worst loss in MM's tenure just a few weeks before, the fact that we were there in OT with a chance is a testament to how good the system is here.

16 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Agreed .. that argument just seems like excuse making to me.  The Thompson/McCarthy/Rodgers trio has had probably the best situation to work with in the league.  Throw in a few years of Favre as well .. there should be more trophies in Green Bay.

And how about just getting there. Trust me, I'd be pissed, but if NE beats GB in the SB, I can live with it because NE is the pinnacle of the NFL year after year. But, in 2017, we should be talking about Rodgers v. Brady like its Ali / Frazier. Those two should have met at least once if not twice in the big game already. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We simply haven't stayed healthy (other than 2014) since winning the SB, I don't know what is so hard to understand. Healthy teams make the SB, look at Denver/CAR and ATL/NE last year. Healthy football teams. Teams that start Ladarius Gunter and a one legged Damarious Randall have no margin for error. We went on that win streak because the offense was flawless and Crosby was clutch. Crosby misses a FG, offense turns the ball over a few times in ATL, season over. If that would've happened in Dallas or against NYG, our season would've been over then too. 2015 was no different. We had no OL or WRs by the time we got to ARI. Obviously whomever made the call to not go for 2 at the end of that one blew that game IMO, but after suffering the worst loss in MM's tenure just a few weeks before, the fact that we were there in OT with a chance is a testament to how good the system is here.

Weren't we healthy in 2011? I know Jennings got hurt but he played against NYG IIRC. I don't remember other significant injuries that year. Hell, I believe we were a lot healthier that year versus 2010. 

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Weren't we healthy in 2011? I know Jennings got hurt but he played against NYG IIRC. I don't remember other significant injuries that year. Hell, I believe we were a lot healthier that year versus 2010. 

Our OC's son died like 3-4 days leading up to the game. No one here was in the locker room but I'm sure that had an effect on those guys.

Also we lost Collins that year, Tramon had nerve damage in his shoulder and I believe Woodson was hurt too.

33 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Wolf caught a little heat back in the day for not surrounding Favre with better talent at times, but yeah .. Thompson/McCarthy/Rodgers get murdered.  It's the longevity of that trio that makes it a little perplexing more than anything.  They've really had an ideal situation in that they haven't had the kind of upheaval usually seen every few years in the NFL.

Oh sure sorry. I meant nowadays. He's looked at as this beloved figure. But same results

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Our OC's son died like 3-4 days leading up to the game. No one here was in the locker room but I'm sure that had an effect on those guys.

Also we lost Collins that year, Tramon had nerve damage in his shoulder and I believe Woodson was hurt too.

I remember Collins now. Lost him early at Carolina. Don't recall Tramon and Wood, but wouldn't surprise me. Still rank that game as one of our toughest losses even though it wasn't that close because I think we would have handled SF in the NFCCG at Lambeau. Alex Smith wasn't beating us at home. 

32 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I don't think it's bad to want or expect multiple titles, but I would say history isn't on your side.

A lot of HoFs with 0-1 Super Bowl. Heck of the modern QBs with multiple titles I would say only Brady and Peyton would still be considered HoFs without their rings. Ben and Eli I think needed all of their rings for people to see them as more then your Joe Flacco's of the NFL world.

Plus Peyton only won 1 with the team that drafted him.

Had no business winning the second then again the point is we can't build that I suppose?

47 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'm more on the side of appearances that we lost wouldn't help. But it's talked like just another loss would improve certain attitudes. Don't buy that. 

If we win in 011. We are definitely having the same conversation if everything after went the same. So I guess I agree with him too.

43 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I actually agree there should be. My point overall is it isn't because we made large organizational blunders.

So, no gameday thread yet, but I'm already beginning to wonder who is going play v. Cincy out of: 

1. Nelson

2. Cobb

3. Daniels

4. Bulaga

5. Bakhtiari 

6. Brice

7. House 

I think that's all right? 

Based on the limited news so far about the injuries, my guess is that Bulaga and House will play, the rest will sit. Should even things up a bit against Cincy. :( 

Archived