37 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be fired?

• Mack McCaffrey
    • Ted Thompson (born January 17, 1953)
    • A-A-Ron
    • the Patriots
    • there is no fifth option

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Asking for multiple SB appearances for Rodgers is not unrealistic at all. It may not be easy, but its very realistic and should be an expectation. No one is saying we need to go to a SB every season or even every other season. But if someone told me after 2010 we wouldnt have been back to a SB through 2016, I would have laughed in their face. It's shocking really.

You're right, it is surprising. So many things transpired that were impossible to predict including losing All-Pro talent at S, TE and CB during those years. Oh and a complete meltdown by a 3rd string ST that single-handedly cost us another SB.

These are unpredictable events and thus you are right to be shocked.

43 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Asking for multiple SB appearances for Rodgers is not unrealistic at all. It may not be easy, but its very realistic and should be an expectation. No one is saying we need to go to a SB every season or even every other season. But if someone told me after 2010 we wouldnt have been back to a SB through 2016, I would have laughed in their face. It's shocking really.

I thought we were talking about wins not appearances. Appearances are irrelevant if we lose anyways. Losing them won't appease you. You'll claim it will but it won't. 

I would have laughed too though. It's kind of amazing we haven't. I am happy we haven't flopped completely any of those years at least. Has anyone but us and NE made it all last 8 years?

I know I know no other rings. But you need to make the second season too do it. I can't imagine if we had missed the playoffs. Or the next time we do haha.

13 hours ago, pollino14 said:

Idt expecting 2 SBs is unrealistic at all. Especially with making the playoffs every year.

We're gonna look back at this and say how we didn't take full advantage of having one of the GOATs. You can say to yourself how hard it is , but when you have AR, one just simply isn't enough. Seeing how emotional and sensitive many Packer fans are, I guarantee that'll be the general feeling around here . 

If they won two you'd want three.  If they won three then 4 should be expected.  Enjoy what we are seeing now because you know they can't win the lottery again and have a 3rd HOF QB in a row.  

29 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

If they won two you'd want three.  If they won three then 4 should be expected.  Enjoy what we are seeing now because you know they can't win the lottery again and have a 3rd HOF QB in a row.  

I love you.

Also I never got to this but as far as fandom goes, "decisions" have a lot more to do with outcomes than the actual decisions. If that makes sense. People can applaud it at the time, then it doesn't work. Well we made the wrong one. Things don't always go to play. You can call the right play like that haha screw up. And still miss the int. Good decision on the play call. Didn't work. I'm not upset with anything with our off season necessarily. I think a few already jumping to we screwed it up. Seems premature and unfair.

6 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I love you.

Also I never got to this but as far as fandom goes, "decisions" have a lot more to do with outcomes than the actual decisions. If that makes sense. People can applaud it at the time, then it doesn't work. Well we made the wrong one. Things don't always go to play. You can call the right play like that haha screw up. And still miss the int. Good decision on the play call. Didn't work. I'm not upset with anything with our off season necessarily. I think a few already jumping to we screwed it up. Seems premature and unfair.

(Said with much trepidation)  I love you too!?

LOL

Most people consider the 2010 Super Bowl season a huge success because we won it all but hell we almost didn't make the playoffs and needed help in the last couple weeks to get the WC.  The next year we go 15-1 and lose in the first round and that is considered a failure.  I don't see it as a failure.  I was happy the entire season and was disappointed after the playoff loss but I realize it takes more than just talent to win a SB.  Coaching, Talent, and luck all play a big part.

I think the Super Bowl argument is tricky because of Brady and the Patriots. It's hard to look at their 5 over Brady's career and wonder why can't Aaron or any all time great have that many too.

Honestly I go to Seattle and just look at Green Bay's exact opposite... a team with the best defense in modern football. How many Super Bowls has it won? And honestly if it wasn't for an onside kick... they don't make it to the second one.

Unfortunately Green Bay plays in the NFC which has been consistently stronger than the AFC. The competition level between the first tier teams and the second tier teams isn't that large as in the AFC... so with that you get more varied results.

Plus the Patriots get the Jets, Miami and Buffalo twice every year. If you believe you're going 8-0 at home (which that's always the goal)... they have a pretty easy time getting 11 wins. Which always puts them in the race for home field year after year. Then with that you just need to string together 2 wins to make it to the bowl.

47 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

I think the Patriots also have a lot do with the attitude of Packers fans. There is literally one team in NFL history that is demonstrably more successful then the current run the Packers are on. They just happen to playing in the league at the exact same time. This also serves to heighten the need for more and more rings. 

If GB had somehow kept the Walrus (Holmgren), arguable he would have been in the discussion with Bellichick as best coach ever and I think GB would have a couple more Super Bowls.  If.......

But GB hasn't had a coach on the level of BB since then.  You can have the talent, but a good coach is worth 3-6 points a game.  And in the NFL, that is a great advantage to have.

And, as mentioned, the Patriots play in a week division.  They have only really had 2 good competitors around them.  Pittsburgh and whoever Peyton Manning was playing for.  NFC is a lot more loaded than that.

12 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If GB had somehow kept the Walrus (Holmgren), arguable he would have been in the discussion with Bellichick as best coach ever and I think GB would have a couple more Super Bowls.  If.......

But GB hasn't had a coach on the level of BB since then.  You can have the talent, but a good coach is worth 3-6 points a game.  And in the NFL, that is a great advantage to have.

And, as mentioned, the Patriots play in a week division.  They have only really had 2 good competitors around them.  Pittsburgh and whoever Peyton Manning was playing for.  NFC is a lot more loaded than that.

Holmgren was ready to leave GB.....He was itching to get back to the west coast and IIRC wanted the general manager's position as well...Bodes

13 hours ago, incognito_man said:

You're right, it is surprising. So many things transpired that were impossible to predict including losing All-Pro talent at S, TE and CB during those years. Oh and a complete meltdown by a 3rd string ST that single-handedly cost us another SB.

These are unpredictable events and thus you are right to be shocked.

For me the collapses in 2011 and 2014 stand out. 2012 and 2013 we were overmatched by SF and Seattle, and 2015 and 2016 we overacheived with what we had. But this team should have gone to the SB in 2011 and 2014. 

1 hour ago, eyecatcher said:

(Said with much trepidation)  I love you too!?

LOL

Most people consider the 2010 Super Bowl season a huge success because we won it all but hell we almost didn't make the playoffs and needed help in the last couple weeks to get the WC.  The next year we go 15-1 and lose in the first round and that is considered a failure.  I don't see it as a failure.  I was happy the entire season and was disappointed after the playoff loss but I realize it takes more than just talent to win a SB.  Coaching, Talent, and luck all play a big part.

The Seattle loss bothers me the most. Not the choking. I just think we were truly the best team. And hardly anyone acknowledges that.

It's taboo but the best team doesn't always win it all in the NFL.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It's not too much for Packers fans to expect more than 2 titles in 20 plus years of hall of fame qb play.

No it's not. But it also doesn't automatically mean we ****ed up over and over. Nobody blames Wolf for one win. This staff gets murdered for one win.

Archived