37 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be fired?

• Mack McCaffrey
    • Ted Thompson (born January 17, 1953)
    • A-A-Ron
    • the Patriots
    • there is no fifth option

Just now, pollino14 said:

That's a very interesting point of view, one I can agree with. I do feel like our failures have been due to a mixture of things. I also can see people thinking the problem being different things ( personnel, coaching, etc.) I just believe upper-management needs to make a decision on what they think it is. 

Yeah that's my whole thing. One day I swear it's Dom, then players do dumb things, then we don't have the right personnel. Or what have you.

The blame always seems to need to go here then there or on multiple parties. When it's like that I start going well if ya do something it's almost like pick the scapegoat.

2 hours ago, Revel8 said:

It was apparent from the beginning what you were discussing.  A window of cherry picked playoff losses, without context, apparently with the intent on blaming Rodgers when he's about the last person to blame.  Rodgers outperforms Brady in the playoffs.  When Rodgers-led playoff offenses score more points per game than Brady's in the playoffs, yet his team loses far more playoff games, that tells us something.  Give those worse-performing Packers teams, to the worse-performing Brady, and it's not as if those losses suddenly turn into wins...they turn into even more losses than we see now.  Rodgers is not the player to blame there.  Rodgers' level of play and success in the playoffs has been top notch throughout his career. 

I know it's difficult to understand, but not everything is binary or mutually exclusive. Arguing that Arod & the offense deserve some of the blame for the playoff exits that certain members obsess over does not mean they deserve all or even most of the blame. Just some. Nobody's talking about Brady here, so it's not really relevant. Everyone knows Brady gets a Herculean amount of support. being top-notch 'on average' doesn't mean each and every performance has always been that way. and we all know that in the playoffs, all it takes is one off-game to knock a team out. 

28 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I feel like Marty will be a total bust here unless Aaron changes the way he plays. Marty is totally different from Cook. Cook was a mismatch from a speed standpoint, he created separation. 

Marty had 6 catches on 11 targets and I'm sure he had at least 3 maybe 4 drops.  He'll be fine if he just catches the ball when it hits him in the hands.  He could easily have had 9 receptions for 100 yards and a TD last night.

36 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Yeah that's my whole thing. One day I swear it's Dom, then players do dumb things, then we don't have the right personnel. Or what have you.

The blame always seems to need to go here then there or on multiple parties. When it's like that I start going well if ya do something it's almost like pick the scapegoat.

I think that perhaps the target was set this year: more vets.

Unfortunately none of the 4 defensive FAs were able to start or finish this game for various reasons.

38 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Marty had 6 catches on 11 targets and I'm sure he had at least 3 maybe 4 drops.  He'll be fine if he just catches the ball when it hits him in the hands.  He could easily have had 9 receptions for 100 yards and a TD last night.

Did you see those drops last night? How many involve him being taken to the ground by Aaron's throw? That's a total Aaron tactic and it's effective, but as a 6'6 guy who used to play TE myself, I can tell you it's a hell of a lot easier for Cobb and Adams to get down there and make that catch than Marty.

Marty needs to be used to his strength, which all revolves around his size. Back shoulder throws and quick routes where you bring him to the ground aren't it. 

I don't think Mac and Aaron know how to use him yet, and I really hope they figure it out, cause we'll be lethal if they do.

20 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Did you see those drops last night? How many involve him being taken to the ground by Aaron's throw? That's a total Aaron tactic and it's effective, but as a 6'6 guy who used to play TE myself, I can tell you it's a hell of a lot easier for Cobb and Adams to get down there and make that catch than Marty.

Marty needs to be used to his strength, which all revolves around his size. Back shoulder throws and quick routes where you bring him to the ground aren't it. 

I don't think Mac and Aaron know how to use him yet, and I really hope they figure it out, cause we'll be lethal if they do.

Agreed.  I think he can do some things in isolation on the sideline, but the ball needs to be put up there where he goes and gets it, not a timing concept which relies on chemistry between thrower and receiver.  Those types of plays can be the counter .

I like him used as a rich man's jason witten.  Stick routes, skinny posts, routes where he walls of the defender with his massive frame.

12 minutes ago, PackyAttacky said:

I dont get Packer fans I really dont.

If Falcons come into our house down their two best olinemen AND Julio, what do you guys think happens seriously?

Chances are they beat us or make it very close. They are probably a better team even with those losses.

19 minutes ago, PackyAttacky said:

I dont get Packer fans I really dont.

If Falcons come into our house down their two best olinemen AND Julio, what do you guys think happens seriously?

We beat them for sure, assuming we are healthy, which I am assuming you are assuming to fit the narrative here. However, we wouldn't beat them as badly as they just beat us, IMO. 

2 hours ago, pollino14 said:

We shouldn't judge our success based on other team's success. We have Aaron Rodgers who is one of the best QBs ever to play the game. Our sights should be much higher than play-off runs.

So we should judge our success based on other teams who also had Generational Talents at QB? Deal.

Marino Dolphins - .612 Win%, Playoffs 50% of his career, a long streak of 4 straight seasons, and 0 super bowls

Montana 49ers - .713 Win%, , Playoffs 72% of his career, a long streak of 8 straight playoffs, and 4 super bowls

Manning Colts -  .667 Win%,  Playoffs 85% of his career, a long streak of 8 straight playoffs, and 1 super bowl

Rodgers Packers - .664 Win%, Playoffs 88% of his career, a long streak of 8 straight playoffs and 1 super bowl.

You can make the argument that these Packers have been just as successful as any other team with a generational QB. And obviously the most successful when it comes to playoff appearances. This just goes to show that having a generational QB doesn't guarantee you anything.

You paint this argument in a no win situation for management. Either they win and its because Rodgers, or they lose and it's on them. Maybe they deserve some credit for 88% playoff appearances? Either way we are comparing them with at least two of the best franchise periods in NFL history and they are clearly stacking up. I know people will point to the 4 Montana rings, but at the end of the day it's one game and your out, and luck plays a much bigger factor in winning SBs then anyone here cares to admit. 

I'm just looking for a maximizing of opportunities and the playoff rate under current management speaks for itself

Archived