1. 1. Who should be fired?

• Mack McCaffrey
    • Ted Thompson (born January 17, 1953)
    • A-A-Ron
    • the Patriots
    • there is no fifth option

1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

But are they slow?

It's the NFL, nobody is slow. They aren't Jarvis Landry or Anquan Boldin (two great players however) but only Jordy is "fast" among our group. Except now you might be looking at saying he was fast at his age.

They are good at lots of other things. Im not even slightly worried about the offense, I think it's going to be absolutely lethal in the backhalf of the year when we need it, so long as we stay healthy. Just have to grind out wins during our usually slower start.

2 hours ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

So we should judge our success based on other teams who also had Generational Talents at QB? Deal.

Marino Dolphins - .612 Win%, Playoffs 50% of his career, a long streak of 4 straight seasons, and 0 super bowls

Montana 49ers - .713 Win%, , Playoffs 72% of his career, a long streak of 8 straight playoffs, and 4 super bowls

Manning Colts -  .667 Win%,  Playoffs 85% of his career, a long streak of 8 straight playoffs, and 1 super bowl

Rodgers Packers - .664 Win%, Playoffs 88% of his career, a long streak of 8 straight playoffs and 1 super bowl.

You can make the argument that these Packers have been just as successful as any other team with a generational QB. And obviously the most successful when it comes to playoff appearances. This just goes to show that having a generational QB doesn't guarantee you anything.

You paint this argument in a no win situation for management. Either they win and its because Rodgers, or they lose and it's on them. Maybe they deserve some credit for 88% playoff appearances? Either way we are comparing them with at least two of the best franchise periods in NFL history and they are clearly stacking up. I know people will point to the 4 Montana rings, but at the end of the day it's one game and your out, and luck plays a much bigger factor in winning SBs then anyone here cares to admit. 

I'm just looking for a maximizing of opportunities and the playoff rate under current management speaks for itself

If you're happy with that, fine. Thats your right, and I'm glad you're happy .

Myself, when you have someone as good as Rodgers, multiple SBs is a expectation. I and I feel many others will look back with a bit of disappointment if he doesn't get another ring ( and I'm not blaming Aaron, I just mean in general).

24 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

If you're happy with that, fine. Thats your right, and I'm glad you're happy .

Myself, when you have someone as good as Rodgers, multiple SBs is a expectation. I and I feel many others will look back with a bit of disappointment if he doesn't get another ring ( and I'm not blaming Aaron, I just mean in general).

Well the whole point is that certain expectations aren't always realistic or based on realities of pro football.

Want to add I'm disappointed as well. Just try to keep things in perspective is all I'm getting at.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Well the whole point is that certain expectations aren't always realistic or based on realities of pro football.

Idt expecting 2 SBs is unrealistic at all. Especially with making the playoffs every year.

We're gonna look back at this and say how we didn't take full advantage of having one of the GOATs. You can say to yourself how hard it is , but when you have AR, one just simply isn't enough. Seeing how emotional and sensitive many Packer fans are, I guarantee that'll be the general feeling around here . 

2 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Idt expecting 2 SBs is unrealistic at all. Especially with making the playoffs every year.

We're gonna look back at this and say how we didn't take full advantage of having one of the GOATs. You can say to yourself how hard it is , but when you have AR, one just simply isn't enough. Seeing how emotional and sensitive many Packer fans are, I guarantee that'll be the general feeling around here . 

That's already the feeling. I guess my issue at times is the idea we didn't take full advantage like we just didn't try enough. You could make a magic time machine and replay those seasons and we could have won more. There isn't a secret recipe that gets you the win automatically. People hate this. Gonna say it anyways. A lot of luck is involved. Best laid plans....

You can always look back with hindsight and find ways. Can those people do it ahead of time?

I'll die believing we were the best team in football the year we choked at Seattle. That game hurt like no other but I can't say we as an org did things wrong. And that's usually who's blamed.

2 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

We would have 2 super bowl appearances and possibly two wins already if Brandon Bostick can catch an onside kick.

There are things that are out of everyone's control when it comes to football games.

All you can do is set yourself up in a position to succeed. We have clearly had some bad breaks, both injury and otherwise, and no one is disputing that.

But blaming, Mac, TT or even Dom for that is shortsighted. They have consistently put us in position to make it there.  

4 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

That's already the feeling. I guess my issue at times is the idea we didn't take full advantage like we just didn't try enough. You could make a magic time machine and replay those seasons and we could have won more. There isn't a secret recipe that gets you the win automatically. People hate this. Gonna say it anyways. A lot of luck is involved. Best laid plans....

I don't think of it as we're not trying hard enough. I take it as we're not being smart/ efficient enough.

my general feeling is that we kind of been stuck in our ways, complacent in ways. I don't think there's been much growth .

I also am a huge proponent of luck ( and in everyday life as well)

20 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

I don't think of it as we're not trying hard enough. I take it as we're not being smart/ efficient enough.

my general feeling is that we kind of been stuck in our ways, complacent in ways. I don't think there's been much growth .

Everyone talked like we finally changed that this year. We signed all these guys. We beat ATL and those guys help, it's all see free agents make you win. They don't help, we aren't doing anything.

That's the view from my seat.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Everyone talked like we finally changed that this year. We signed all these guys. We beat ATL and today guys help, it's all see free agents make you win. They don't help, we aren't doing anything.

That's the view from my seat.

I was real happy with this off season, it def felt different ya. I'm real happy with the personel changes. Something we haven't done in years.

13 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

I was real happy with this off season, it def felt different ya. I'm real happy with the personel changes. Something we haven't done in years.

Yep me too. My point was only that when the outcome is negative it is always framed as we didn't do anything or not enough etc

8 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

With the Tackles out, you had to hope the defense could hold Atlanta to no more than 20 points and that was highly unlikely. It's asking a lot of any defense to hold that type of offense to 20 or less points in their own building.

The offense basically gave them 2 TDs on turnovers.  I don't care who you have out hurt - you turn it over on the road you're screwed.  

1 hour ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Want to add I'm disappointed as well. Just try to keep things in perspective is all I'm getting at.

Asking for multiple SB appearances for Rodgers is not unrealistic at all. It may not be easy, but its very realistic and should be an expectation. No one is saying we need to go to a SB every season or even every other season. But if someone told me after 2010 we wouldnt have been back to a SB through 2016, I would have laughed in their face. It's shocking really.

Archived