Who should be fired?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be fired?

• Mack McCaffrey
    • Ted Thompson (born January 17, 1953)
    • A-A-Ron
    • the Patriots
    • there is no fifth option

I did the Tough Mudder yesterday, and as a celebration my team went out for drinks for SNF. Haven't had a beer for almost two months while we were training, needless to say, I was feeling pretty good last night. Kevin King looked great, he needs to be in the starting lineup. Not having Daniels completely changed the intensity of the defense, we needed him last night. I thought we played pretty well for how many players we were missing. It sucks to lose the game to Atlanta, we are only two weeks in but I already feel like we are positioning ourselves for a No.2 seed, a lot can change but right now we need someone to beat the the Falcons if we are to get the No.1 seed. 

2 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

I'm discussing playoff lossesnot playoffs. You can't absolve the offense in those games. A top-5 offense should be scoring more than the opponent's average ppg allowed. As for the injuries, you have to acknowledge the injuries the defense has suffered as well.

It was apparent from the beginning what you were discussing.  A window of cherry picked playoff losses, without context, apparently with the intent on blaming Rodgers when he's about the last person to blame.  Rodgers outperforms Brady in the playoffs.  When Rodgers-led playoff offenses score more points per game than Brady's in the playoffs, yet his team loses far more playoff games, that tells us something.  Give those worse-performing Packers teams, to the worse-performing Brady, and it's not as if those losses suddenly turn into wins...they turn into even more losses than we see now.  Rodgers is not the player to blame there.  Rodgers' level of play and success in the playoffs has been top notch throughout his career. 

53 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Dude, who the hell cares what last years D did? Our #1 CB isn't even on our team.

They stunk last night, but the more burn King, Jones, Adams and Biegel get over the course of the year, with House, Brooks and Dial getting used to the defense and Randall the slot for the first time who knows what we'll be in December. That's what is important. This game is nothing more than a coaching point now.

Remember when Seattle and SF smoked us in the regular season, and we played them in the post season and it came down to the last play? Or when we smoked ARI a week before we went back there for the playoffs and they beat us? What happened tonight says nothing for what this defense will be in 3 months.

We should care, especially since it has been carrying over to this year. Rollins and Randall still can't cover, our defense still can't tackle. 

It's really shocking that there are few people ( I'm not saying you in-particular Ray), who REFUSE to hold someone accountable. 

This team should have accomplished so much more than what it has the past 5 plus years, but people refuse to look at the deficiencies and do something about it. 

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Naturally, better offenses are going to have better days against our defense as they do against other defenses as well. I'd be crazy if I said "we should have held ATL to 10 points!" But the statistics over the last 3 contests in ATL speak for themselves. I would bet that statistically our defense has performed worse over that 3-game stretch than any other defense in the league in their last 3 trips to ATL. Maybe someone has the stats to prove me wrong, but I'd be surprised. That says something about us because we have more talent on defense than several defenses across the league.  

What it says is that the Packers still haven't played the Falcons when healthy.  The sheer amount of injuries suffered during all 3 of those games is rather astonishing. 

11 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Yeah neither do I.

I just feel it starting to move that way like usual and I wanna know if anyone would actually do it.

Truth be told, I might. I really don't think our players buy what he sells anymore. Which isn't to say I think he's bad necessarily.

The reason I want to fire Dom has really very little to do with how the team played vs Atlanta or vs Seattle.  ON BOTH SIDES.  As @incognito_man and @AlexGreen#20 can attest, the ONLY THING that matters is if your team can win when the team scores fewer than 20 points.  Packers can't, fire Dom.

Packers: 1-35 with Rodgers in games where they go to halftime down 2 scores.

Excited (in a masochistic way) to look at the coverages vs Julio on the All 22 this week.  Interested as to why Rollins got benched (I think it was more about poor coverage vs Sanu than anything else).  And curious what the heck HHCD was doing this week after an up and down week 1.

2 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Admit it.  When you heard both Bulaga AND Bak weren't playing the rational side of your mind should've said "Uh ho".  When you saw Jordy pull up lame and Daniels leave the game?  I know- injuries aren't excuses, but what GM in the league can plan for what happened to our active list last night?  Randall cannot cover Julio.  Period, end of discussion.  Thank god we don't play them again for four months.  When Daniels went out our pass rush had no push and our run defense was less than mediocre.  That was what I found most frustrating.  Giving up 140 yards rushing to a very good offense on their home field in their debut of their new digs.......

What I find most humorous though is that immediately TT is to blame.  If we only had Dorsey or Schneider it would all change.......Wake up!!  Dorsey never got the Chiefs to the super bowl AND he got ran out of KC because he can't run a cohesive front office.  He's a career super scout.  Schneider was saved by getting a 3rd round QB who played some quality ball, but now that Wilson is getting paid, that team is good (not great) defensively but has some HUGE problems (we don't like our OL back ups, THChawks wish they had our backups to start for them).

Anyway, take a breath.  Last night was disappointing, but it is nothing we can't come back from.

As was pointed out by multiple people here before the game, the Packers being without their starting Tackles...and the back ups to those Tackles...was basically going to guarantee a loss. 

Add even more injuries to that list, like Mike Daniels, Davon House, Jordy Nelson, etc and nobody should have reasonably been expecting a win.  Injuries have a major impact in this league.  Without essential starters in the line up, teams suffer.  Without several essential starters in the line up, teams suffer greatly.

9 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

We should care, especially since it has been carrying over to this year. Rollins and Randall still can't cover, our defense still can't tackle. 

It's really shocking that there are few people ( I'm not saying you in-particular Ray), who REFUSE to hold someone accountable. 

This team should have accomplished so much more than what it has the past 5 plus years, but people refuse to look at the deficiencies and do something about it. 

Your whole approach here I find wrong.

The Packers are in the Top 1% percentile of team success since Dom-Mac-Ted have been in charge. Making heads roll to just to do it, is not the right move. 

It is much wiser to ride this wave of success and hope you get lucky in the playoffs, then to change something and hope you maintain this level of success and surpass it. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that making a move guarantees more success.

It is just as possible, and probably more likely that we get worse. Maintaining Top 1% success rate is hard, and we've done it for 9 straight years under management. At least we know what we are getting

I haven't read the thread yet...but...

My thoughts...

What happened was what I thought would happen.  They could have scored 50 if they wanted to.  Once Beasley got dinged, they just wanted the game over.  Get out of it with as few injuries as possible.

Our R&R corners did not take a step forward this off-season.  Not yet.  Both were overmatched.

King played very good football and needs to play more.

HHCD screwed up for the second week in a row.  Dom setup that defense for him to pick the crossing route to Jones and take it to the house.  We knew it was coming, they fell into the trap.  And Dix took a horrible angle and blew it.  Just like he gave up the outside hash at the end of the half in week one.  This isn't the guy we saw for most of last year.  He needs to pull his head from his rear.

I give Mac credit for helping his tackles and going to a quick passing game.  That phantom call against Marty B goes the other way and who knows what happens for the rest of the game.

McCrary held up pretty good for playing out of position.  Gives me hope that he could be a LG of the future.  Murphy held up surprisingly well.

Hated to see Geronimo go in when Nelson went down.  We were using WRs to block.  Allison is weak and skinny.  Would have preferred Janis out there.  But, to be fair, I am a Janis homer.

Started the game with roughly $20M on the bench injured.  Finished with roughly $50M on the bench injured.  Hope they can come back and play next week.

I won't get too down about the loss.  Home opener.  Dome opener.  Without the two starting tackles.  That's a bad recipe!

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Dude, who the hell cares what last years D did? Our #1 CB isn't even on our team.

They stunk last night, but the more burn King, Jones, Adams and Biegel get over the course of the year, with House, Brooks and Dial getting used to the defense and Randall the slot for the first time who knows what we'll be in December. That's what is important. This game is nothing more than a coaching point now.

Remember when Seattle and SF smoked us in the regular season, and we played them in the post season and it came down to the last play? Or when we smoked ARI a week before we went back there for the playoffs and they beat us? What happened tonight says nothing for what this defense will be in 3 months.

Exactly where I was going to go. Both teams will/ could be entirely different entities come playoff time. No reason to pray we don't face a team like 17 weeks from now. How many times have we seen that the case where a team is different from week two to week 18. Every year a bunch of times.

We got whooped. There's no shame admitting that. Just gets old reading our obituary week two or sometimes before the season even starts.

Just like jumping the gun on King vs Watt.

4 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

With the Tackles out, you had to hope the defense could hold Atlanta to no more than 20 points and that was highly unlikely. It's asking a lot of any defense to hold that type of offense to 20 or less points in their own building.

They came close. 24 points allowed, 7 of which on a short field. 

21 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Idk who to hold accountable anymore when the issues constantly morph. 

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I haven't read the thread yet...but...

My thoughts...

What happened was what I thought would happen.  They could have scored 50 if they wanted to.  Once Beasley got dinged, they just wanted the game over.  Get out of it with as few injuries as possible.

Our R&R corners did not take a step forward this off-season.  Not yet.  Both were overmatched.

King played very good football and needs to play more.

HHCD screwed up for the second week in a row.  Dom setup that defense for him to pick the crossing route to Jones and take it to the house.  We knew it was coming, they fell into the trap.  And Dix took a horrible angle and blew it.  Just like he gave up the outside hash at the end of the half in week one.  This isn't the guy we saw for most of last year.  He needs to pull his head from his rear.

I give Mac credit for helping his tackles and going to a quick passing game.  That phantom call against Marty B goes the other way and who knows what happens for the rest of the game.

McCrary held up pretty good for playing out of position.  Gives me hope that he could be a LG of the future.  Murphy held up surprisingly well.

Hated to see Geronimo go in when Nelson went down.  We were using WRs to block.  Allison is weak and skinny.  Would have preferred Janis out there.  But, to be fair, I am a Janis homer.

Started the game with roughly $20M on the bench injured.  Finished with roughly $50M on the bench injured.  Hope they can come back and play next week.

I won't get too down about the loss.  Home opener.  Dome opener.  Without the two starting tackles.  That's a bad recipe!

I like that money on the bench line. Interesting way to think about it.

Archived