Who should be fired?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be fired?

• Mack McCaffrey
    • Ted Thompson (born January 17, 1953)
    • A-A-Ron
    • the Patriots
    • there is no fifth option

Nelson's doesn't appear to be serious either.

The Packers don't believe Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb or Mike Daniels have long-term injuries, but there are still awaiting all the test results. Mike McCarthy may have an update this evening when he holds his day-after-game press conference at 7 p.m. CT but they are likely to be considered day to day, week to week injuries like most soft tissue problems are.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fdemovsky_rob.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropRob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer

Jordy took a helmet to his quad the play prior to leaving the game. Likely dealing with a Quad contusion

15 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Nelson's doesn't appear to be serious either.

The Packers don't believe Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb or Mike Daniels have long-term injuries, but there are still awaiting all the test results. Mike McCarthy may have an update this evening when he holds his day-after-game press conference at 7 p.m. CT but they are likely to be considered day to day, week to week injuries like most soft tissue problems are.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fdemovsky_rob.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropRob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer

Jordy took a helmet to his quad the play prior to leaving the game. Likely dealing with a Quad contusion

Dr Delta

I think what also gets lost in all the stats of the last few match ups with the falcons... they have all been in Atlanta. They have built that team around their home stadium. Look at how they are building their defense.

Their team speed goes up on that track. Put them on grass, outside... the rush is alittle slower, Jones is alittle slower, etc.

Its also why Green Bay has seen a lot more success against Seattle... untimely injuries for them (Wilson, Thomas, Rawls, etc) and they have played in lambeau the last 3 times.

Its why I believe Aaron keeps harping on getting the Number 1 seed. Rest for injuries and force teams to play on cold, wet, grass.

6 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I think what also gets lost in all the stats of the last few match ups with the falcons... they have all been in Atlanta. They have built that team around their home stadium. Look at how they are building their defense.

Their team speed goes up on that track. Put them on grass, outside... the rush is alittle slower, Jones is alittle slower, etc.

Its also why Green Bay has seen a lot more success against Seattle... untimely injuries for them (Wilson, Thomas, Rawls, etc) and they have played in lambeau the last 3 times.

Its why I believe Aaron keeps harping on getting the Number 1 seed. Rest for injuries and force teams to play on cold, wet, grass.

Aaron's said that? Totally agree just never heard it myself. I don't watch enough PC stuff I suppose

7 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Aaron's said that? Totally agree just never heard it myself. I don't watch enough PC stuff I suppose

Will be interesting with these injuries with CIncy on Sunday and then Chicago on the Thursday after.   My speculation is that some of those newer injuries sit this week and are ready for the division game vs Chicago, then get the added rest for the week 5 game.   Division game "more important" than the AFC game.

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

He has. I believe right as training camp ended and right after the Seattle game. How it's big because as they start setting the field of 12 they will have the tie breakers. Plus he keeps repeating how they can beat anyone at lambeau.

I mean to be fair to Aaron he has never had a conference championship in lambeau... and is it any surprise the one he/the packers have won was in a stadium they visit every year against a team they see twice a year?

31 minutes ago, Green19 said:

And the Packers aren't fast on grass OR in a dome.

This game clearly shows why Aaron wants that #1 seed. It's simply a given, home field advantage generally means the refs won't be making funny calls against you. Studies have shown the subtle psychological effect of home crowds on refs and umps, who subconsciously want to hear cheers and not boos when they make a call. They may not even realize they're doing it and rationalize it away as that's what they saw. Rodgers is a very smart guy. We all know about home field advantage but he knows it's not the cheering of the home crowd that excites the players that's most important, it's the effect on the refs. Not one of those calls goes against the Packers in Lambeau and we all know it. I hate Capers, have for years, but... this team has really good defensive players. Get Brooks healthy, get King and Jones some experience, find a way to cover other teams #1 receiver, get Biegel and Adams playing, and be as healthy at the skill positions as possible come playoff time... and I think even Capers can't screw it up. I have more confidence in this team than any of the last five.

Not buying that speed is an issue. I see everyone say this whenever we lose. And the speed complaints never come when we win. Cobb isn't fast? Monty isn't fast? Jordy isn't fast? Allison isn't fast? Adams is slow? Can't we just give credit to the Falcons corners for covering these guys well last night? Not to mention they don't need to cover long enough with 2 backups starting at both tackles spots.

15 minutes ago, RoellPreston88 said:

And the Packers aren't fast on grass OR in a dome.

True... but to be fair that's never been Green Bay's thing, has it? Sure they take guys like Janis or Shield late or undrafted, but there is no risk. They invest in polished players. Honestly Jordy is the only one that doesn't fit for them when I think about it. Otherwise they go with polish route runners (Jennings) or physical WRs (jones and Adams). Because  as winter comes you can hang your hat on them getting seperation that way on a slow cold track. That's why they went with Lacy... big, punishing back even though that's not really MM's style of running back.

As for defense... let's be honest with ourselves. This is year one of a rebuilding effort to get speed and size on that side of the ball.

4 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Not buying that speed is an issue. I see everyone say this whenever we lose. And the speed complaints never come when we win. Cobb isn't fast? Monty isn't fast? Jordy isn't fast? Allison isn't fast? Adams is slow? Can't we just give credit to the Falcons corners for covering these guys well last night? Not to mention they don't need to cover long enough with 2 backups starting at both tackles spots.

Relatively speaking, no, none of those WRs/RBs you named are fast.

Archived