Who should be fired?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be fired?

• Mack McCaffrey
    • Ted Thompson (born January 17, 1953)
    • A-A-Ron
    • the Patriots
    • there is no fifth option

Dom needs to figure out this slot issue, we can't have teams scheming their best WRs in the slot all season just to avoid our better CBs.

Whitt needs to get one of Rollins or Randall to figure it out. They'll never beat Julio on turf, but at least they need to be better than they've been. 

HHCD was probably the biggest disappointment of the night, I still am wondering how good of a safety he really is. I can't recall an INT where he actually made a play and wasn't gifted an awful throw, and he's out of position so much back there. He was just miserable in that first half last night.

The two teams are a lot different but ATL is slowly becoming the 90s Dallas team that the Packers couldn't beat in Dallas. Now granted, that Dallas team is better than ATL but the mid-90s Packers were better than the Packers now, absent Favre/Rodgers. Still, I don't see our path to the Super Bowl being through ATL; rather, we need to avoid them altogether (or somehow get them in GB), something we haven't been able to do just like we couldn't do in '93, '94 and '95 with Dallas. 

31 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Naturally, better offenses are going to have better days against our defense as they do against other defenses as well. I'd be crazy if I said "we should have held ATL to 10 points!" But the statistics over the last 3 contests in ATL speak for themselves. I would bet that statistically our defense has performed worse over that 3-game stretch than any other defense in the league in their last 3 trips to ATL. Maybe someone has the stats to prove me wrong, but I'd be surprised. That says something about us because we have more talent on defense than several defenses across the league.  

2 games isn't a trend. (Last night Our defense held atl to 7pts below their avg last year). The onus is on you to provide evidence of your claim, not on others to disprove you.

A statement made without evidence can be dismissed without reason.

Mac just can't seem to get Quinn or Carroll on the road, just like he couldn't get Harbaugh. There's always one team in the NFC that has our number in Mac's era, started with NYG, moved to SF, then Seattle and now ATL. Arizona is the only other team to knock us out of the playoffs, and both those games went to OT and were a dog fight. 

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

2 games isn't a trend. (Last night Our defense held atl to 7pts below their avg last year). The onus is on you to provide evidence of your claim, not on others to disprove you.

Its not 2 games:

GB pts allowed last 9 road games: 2017 ATL - 34 (ongoing) 2016: ATL - 44 DAL - 31 DET - 24 CHI - 27 PHI - 13 WAS - 42 TEN - 47 ATL - 33

59 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Admit it.  When you heard both Bulaga AND Bak weren't playing the rational side of your mind should've said "Uh ho".  When you saw Jordy pull up lame and Daniels leave the game?  I know- injuries aren't excuses, but what GM in the league can plan for what happened to our active list last night?  Randall cannot cover Julio.  Period, end of discussion.  Thank god we don't play them again for four months.  When Daniels went out our pass rush had no push and our run defense was less than mediocre.  That was what I found most frustrating.  Giving up 140 yards rushing to a very good offense on their home field in their debut of their new digs.......

I posted the other day that we could mark down a loss if both Bulaga and Bak were to miss the game.  Pretty sure we would have lost if they were healthy.  Sure, the in game injuries were a tough blow, but the Falcons lost guys too.  The Falcons just far outclassed us .. again!  Our defense gets exposed far too often .. look like pretenders after a really strong first game against the Seahawks.  It's frustrating .. seems like we have been treading water since the Super Bowl win.  We're running in place .. good enough to make the playoffs .. not good enough to win it all.

1 hour ago, St Vince said:

I still think we can get the #1 seed. ATL has a harder road than us. They have some tough road games plus the south overall is much better than last season  I can see them dropping more games within their division this year.

I'm encouraged about this defense going forward,  we got decent pressure being short handed on pass rushers.

Can't wait to throw Brooks, Beigel and Adam's into the mix, that will help the secondary immensely.

Only way I think we can is if the NFC South beats itself up, so teams in the division manage to get wins off each other. I guess it's possible that the Bucs and Carolina could do that but the Saints look awful again.

In terms of seeding all I know is if we have to go to Atlanta we aren't winning, not on that surface and they are like the worst match up for us in the NFC right now. If they have to come into Lambeau in winter then their speed might be nullified to an extent, but they have a genuine two headed running game. Both on offense and defense we just don't match up with them at all.

4 minutes ago, RoellPreston88 said:

Its not 2 games:

GB pts allowed last 9 road games: 2017 ATL - 34 (ongoing) 2016: ATL - 44 DAL - 31 DET - 24 CHI - 27 PHI - 13 WAS - 42 TEN - 47 ATL - 33

This years defense and last years defense are not the same defense. There isn't a positional group that isn't better than last years on this defense.

Thoughts on game:

Atlanta in Atlanta is as tough of an order as you get, so this was a great measuring stick.

Starting with the offense: You played without 3 critical starters that ultimately led to problems that are the easiest things to clean up between weeks. If we played ATL next week, I wouldn't expect the fumble TD, the INT, the drops, or the penalties. Offensively we can take pretty much nothing from this game. Monty looked damn good. Murphy/McCray weren't Newhouse/Barbre tier crap. They fought hard.

Defensively: Go look at the box score. Atlanta's offense was not the greatest show of turf. Atlanta, the best offense in the NFL right now, scored 27 points against our defense, including 7 from great field position thanks to the INT. And your best defensive player missed the entire game. I'll take it. Individually, House needs to get his act together, not sure if the time he missed is the cause of some of his positioning but wtf. Randall needs to get his confidence back. Rollins blows. Burnett was solid. No long TDs was good. Matthews showed up nicely. If Kevin King can consistently play at that level, he will be starting very soon.

Special teams: I still think Trevor Davis is a waste of opportunity.

Really?...Every time the Packers underachieve, we get one of these threads.....What have the Packers lost?....What have the Falcons won?....The tie breaker, should this become an issue post season....Too early to worry about this, with fifteen weeks to go until than....So, they can't stay healthy....Is this something new?.....Worry about Cincinnati...It's the one thing they can control....

49 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

So i'll take this as a "no" that you don't believe any defense in the NFL has performed worse than GB in terms of yards, TDs, points, first downs, etc. over their last 3 games in ATL. I'm not making this stuff up, the stats are what they are and they include 2 games (the last two) where ATL likely took their foot off the gas for much of the 4th quarter.  

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

So i'll take this as a "no" that you don't believe any defense in the NFL has performed worse than GB in terms of yards, TDs, points, first downs, etc. over their last 3 games in ATL. I'm not making this stuff up, the stats are what they are and they include 2 games (the last two) where ATL likely took their foot off the gas for much of the 4th quarter.  

Dude, who the hell cares what last years D did? Our #1 CB isn't even on our team.

They stunk last night, but the more burn King, Jones, Adams and Biegel get over the course of the year, with House, Brooks and Dial getting used to the defense and Randall the slot for the first time who knows what we'll be in December. That's what is important. This game is nothing more than a coaching point now.

Remember when Seattle and SF smoked us in the regular season, and we played them in the post season and it came down to the last play? Or when we smoked ARI a week before we went back there for the playoffs and they beat us? What happened tonight says nothing for what this defense will be in 3 months.

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Very cherry picked. Plus just so you know both NO and CAR had a worse PPG average against ATL just last year, and that's including a game at home. So yes at least two defenses have performed worse. OAK gave up 35, SF 42, LA 41, SEA 36. In fact, Exactly half of the teams they played last year gave up more then the 33 we did in the first meeting. It's almost as if ATL....is just really good. 

I know it's still early, but I am still disappointed in the offense's seemingly refusing to do simple things to keep a drive going.  I think it makes a big difference in game flow and giving the defense a rest.  I think I get what they are trying to go for on offense, but sometimes they make short gains look like pulling teeth, yet they have the best QB of all time.  Build on some small successes.

The only major concern on defense for me is Randall/Rollins being potential busts.  If they don't improve in the slot, who do you think get's a look there?  Hawkins?

Archived