1. 1. Who should be fired?

• Mack McCaffrey
    • Ted Thompson (born January 17, 1953)
    • A-A-Ron
    • the Patriots
    • there is no fifth option

Just now, incognito_man said:

I know.

My point is though that Dom's defense is 3/4 in NFCCG + Super Bowls in 2010, 2014, 2016. MM is correct, Dom IS an excellent football coach. It'll get there. Lotta moving parts, secondary will take its lumps until coaches figure out who is best where. There is ability back there (and some disability). He'll get it figured it, he usually does. Just gotta keep your figures crossed we don't lose 3-7 guys after it gets figured out.

Ya Dom doesn't deserve to be thrashed this game. More so the players performances/injuries. I think Rollins/Randall are close to be shoved out, they made the D look pretty bad last night. Wonder if they are gonna give Hawkins more playing time. 

3 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Ya Dom doesn't deserve to be thrashed this game. More so the players performances/injuries. I think Rollins/Randall are close to be shoved out, they made the D look pretty bad last night. Wonder if they are gonna give Hawkins more playing time. 

King!

I think House and King should get the lion's share going forward. There's really no reason not to. I know you have to run 3 and 4 deep at CB, though...

3 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Don't know if I count Seattle as much because he was playing limping, but he played pretty bad against Chicago in 10'.

yea, in a vacuum, Rodgers hasn't had many really great games in the playoff losses. Since the '10 SB, the GB offense has only outscored the opposing defense's seasonal average in 3 out of 6 yrs, and one of those only barely. 

2011: NYG avg 25.0 ppg allowed, GB scored 20

2012: SF avg 17.1 ppg allowed, GB scored 31 (included 7 from pick-6)

2013: SF avg 17.0 ppg allowed, GB scored 20

2014: SEA avg 15.9 ppg allowed, GB scored 22 (including 3 FG's on drives that started in FG range)

2015: ARZ avg 19.6 ppg allowed, GB scored 20

2016: ATL avg 25.4 ppg allowed, GB scored 21

Defense has had some letdowns, but generally in the playoff losses, both sides have sh* the bed regardless. 

12 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

yea, in a vacuum, Rodgers hasn't had many really great games in the playoff losses. Since the '10 SB, the GB offense has only outscored the opposing defense's seasonal average in 3 out of 6 yrs, and one of those only barely. 

2014: SEA avg 15.9 ppg allowed, GB scored 22 (including 3 FG's on drives that started in FG range)

Defense has had some letdowns, but generally in the playoff losses, both sides have sh* the bed regardless. 

Yah the team as a whole really needs to play well to win in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, TransientTexan said:

Nearly all those losses are due to injuries, special teams, and defense.  Not Rodgers.  Rodgers is what gives the Packers a chance, not what dooms them into to playoffs losses lol.

In fact, that's why Rodgers continues to perform better than Brady in the playoffs and score more points than Brady in the playoffs, yet still lose more playoff games.

Playoff Stat—–Rodgers—Brady
QB Rating———–99.4——–89.0
Completion %-—63.5%——62.7%
PPG———---——28.75———26.7
YPA—————---—7.5———–6.9
TD %————---—-6.0%——–4.8%
INT %———---——1.7%——–2.3%

2 hours ago, cannondale said:

Funny that MM has to remind us that DC is a good coach. We shouldn't need a reminder Mike. We should just see it every once in a blue moon and declare it for ourselves.

He should be reminding us how many players were lost for this game.  You don't normally win against upper echelon playoff teams when losing:

#1 LT David Bahktiari

#2 LT Jason Spriggs

#1 RT Bryan Bulaga

#2 RT Don Barclay

#2 WR Randall Cobb

#1 WR Jordy Nelson

#1 DT Mike Daniels

#2 DT Montravious Adams

#2 ROLB Ahmad Brooks

#1 CB Davon House

An irreplaceable amount of talent was lost in this game by the Packers.  Expecting great results from such losses is an unreasonable expectation.

I don't know who to blame, it probably has to be shared between injuries, players, coaches and even the GM for the ability to build a roster. But I do know this I think we are in for another season where we fall short as in making it to a Super Bowl or winning one.

In different sports like for example Football across the pond (Soccer) there always comes a point when you need something fresh, where a previously successful manager suddenly stops having some success the team struggles or doesn't compete for titles and the only way to fix it is to move on.

It's obviously foolish to fire someone now.

But let's not make a joke out of possibly moving on from someone. Accountability needs to be had. We cannot continue to be happy with one or two wins in the playoffs, not with Aaron Rodgers.

If Randall and Rollins both suck , I'm not going to be very happy with Ted.

2 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

It's obviously foolish to fire someone now.

But let's not make a joke out of possibly moving on from someone. Accountability needs to be had. We cannot continue to be happy with one or two wins in the playoffs, not with Aaron Rodgers.

If Randall and Rollins both suck , I'm not going to be very happy with Ted.

Yeah I wouldn't do it early or mid season. Any possible coaching change would have to occur after the season imo.

1 hour ago, jontat83 said:

Yeah I wouldn't do it early or mid season. Any possible coaching change would have to occur after the season imo.

Lol, we have this discussion every single year. No one is getting fired. Capers could give up 40 points per game from here on out and MM wouldnt fire him. You saw it again last night though. Good offenses laugh when preparing for a Dom Capers defense. It's that easy. Good thing there arent many really good offenses in the league. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

Lol, we have this discussion every single year. No one is getting fired. Capers could give up 40 points per game from here on out and MM wouldnt fire him. You saw it again last night though. Good offenses laugh when preparing for a Dom Capers defense. It's that easy. Good thing there arent many really good offenses in the league. 

I know, nothing will change.

Archived