Unpopular Opinions: Entertainment edition

TOUCAN

23 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Family Guy is kind of funny some times (or at least it was 20 years ago when I watched some of it), but I can't really think of anything else of Macfarlane's that I've even watched.

He was in an episode of Gilmore Girls

16 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

American Dad has some great moments. Ted was pretty funny.

Yeah. He's put out some solid stuff.

Ted and Ted 2 have their moments, overall are probably 6-6.5/10. American Dad is pretty good. Early Family Guy was outstanding, though all the following years of mediocrity has overshadowed the first 3 seasons. Haven't seen Orville.

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Seth McFarlane is not and never has been funny. 

I would agree with some caveats.  Family Guy was funny if you were OK with just repeated sight gags, but boy did it age poorly.  No rewatch value either, and they completely lost me when they pretty much stole an entire episode from South Park.

American Dad I've liked at times, if for no other reason than liberal self congratulation (don't judge me), but that's pretty much all it's good for.

Ted is OK.

Edited by Daniel

On 6/22/2020 at 12:37 PM, theJ said:

I have to admit something: i really enjoy Burlesque.  It's a guilty pleasure of mine.  I think it's a combination of younger Christina Aguilera (smokin hot), and the music.  Christina has one of the most distinctive female voices of all time, and i really dig it.  

I couldn't agree more.  I loved the songs Christina sings in that movie.  One of my complaints I've always had about Christina is that, although her voice is spectacular, I don't always enjoy what she does with it.  I loved the songs in Burlesque, and watching her dance around in the shape she was in back in those days definitely didn't hurt either.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Newer Metallica, except for St. Anger, is better than older Metallica.  At least more enjoyable.

What have they released recently? I haven't been looking, but the last thing I remembered was Hard Wired.  Was that on St Anger?  Loved Load and Reload, but that's 20+ years ago now.

8 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

What have they released recently? I haven't been looking, but the last thing I remembered was Hard Wired.  Was that on St Anger?  Loved Load and Reload, but that's 20+ years ago now.

St Anger was their first album after Reload, and it’s god awful. The next one after was Death Magnetic in 2007, which was pretty good. St Anger was them trying to....well, I don’t know exactly what they were going for, but it didn’t work.

Metallica without any guitar solos just isn’t worth listening to.

8 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Since Reload, they've released:

St. Anger - Terrible.  Every single song sucks except for Frantic.  Frantic is a pretty good song. 

Death Magnetic - My first Metallica experience.  Didn't like it so much the first time for whatever reason, but I just got into them really significantly close to a year ago and this one has some of my all-time favorite Metallica songs on it.  That Was Just Your Life, The End of the Line, Cyanide, All Nightmare Long and The Unforgiven III are all good songs.

Hardwired... to Self-Destruct - Their most recent release.  Atlas, Rise and Moth into Flame I really like.