2010s Horror - Official FF BMET (Nominations Closed)

Deadpulse

So I think I am going to go with 2+ noms = bid to the polling phase. Here is where we sit:

2010s
It: Chapter 1
Get Out
Bird Box
I Saw The Devil
A Quiet Place
Annihilation
Us
Midsommar
The Conjuring
The Babadook
Insidious
Halloween (2018)
The Witch
The Wailing
Hereditary
Starry Eyes
Train to Busan
Kill List
Susperia
The Killing of the Sacred Deer
It Follows
Happy Death Day
Upgrade
Split
Cabin in the Woods

*Green denotes 2+ nominations

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

So I think I am going to go with 2+ noms = bid to the polling phase. Here is where we sit:

2010s
It: Chapter 1
Get Out
Bird Box
I Saw The Devil
A Quiet Place
Annihilation
Us
Midsommar
The Conjuring
The Babadook
Insidious
Halloween (2018)
The Witch
The Wailing
Hereditary
Starry Eyes
Train to Busan
Kill List
Susperia
The Killing of the Sacred Deer
It Follows
Happy Death Day
Upgrade
Split
Cabin in the Woods

*Green denotes 2+ nominations

It might just be my computer screen but it's really hard for me to differentiate between the green and not green ones

7 minutes ago, August4th said:

its going to be fun going back and trying to list the best from a genre in past decades. already thinking of my top horror from the 00s.

Yeah, I don't know as many 2000's horror movies so I'm gonna make a list and try to watch a bunch of them before the next round

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

so this is a 2+ year enterprise

?

(8*8*10) + Bracket Round (?) 

It'll certainly take awhile. I will probably cut rounds short when I can and when it seems like discussion has died down. Originally I was going to do a 3 day nom period and 4 day vote period but I wanted to let it breath to start out. Might switch to the former depending on how things go. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah I'm not even arguing that, so... Dude's trying to **** on it because it wasn't scary.  I didn't even nominate A Quiet Place for best horror because I don't like calling it a horror, even though it fits more into horror... Did you not read my entire post on how it's difficult to put it into a genre?  I'm not arguing that A Quiet Place is horror.  Dude's a petulant **** who didn't like the movie and ****s on it any chance he gets because der it wersn't scery as if that's some qualifier for quality in a film. 

I just don't like that dude.  At all.  Sits there and hypes up Altered as one of the best horror movies he's ever seen, spells The Shining with two Ns, calls One Hour Photo a horror movie.

18796997_3.jpg?v=8D0F4A12BD2FEC0

Is a better movie than

c22189e28f944a7312c828a20ddca1508ab76ad1

He's a troll who thinks he knows movies because he's watched a lot of them. 

You want a fight, I can fight.  I never quoted you originally, you are the one that is butt hurt about it.  I never said Altered is an all time great horror movie, just one of the better ones I have seen recently.  I do believe the monster is far more creative and or scary in the movie than the trash monster that is in A Quiet Place.  I feel sorry for your brain creatively if you think A Quiet Place is your favorite movie made in the last 20 years.   That is just sad, not to mention the entire Phantasm BS you believe in, that movie is flat out awful.  

Based on your replies maybe it is you that believes he is a stand-up comedian with your desperately seeking to be clever insults that are anything but.  Want to make fun of spelling go ahead, I am highly dyslexic but maybe that allows me to sees things a little differently than you creatively.  I could care less about words honestly, movies are visuals, if I liked the written words so much I would read books more often.  

Hold on, this stupid kid is playing with his stupid toy that makes noise again, he is going to wake the not scary or creative monster that will eat him because he made a sound.  So how pissed will you be when this great movie you love does not do so hot in this polling tournament?  Put it in the thriller category, does not matter it is still an average at best movie made to scare children.  Visually there is nothing of note in it, the acting is just ok, the plot is ok, nothing standout or excellent in any regard.   But no it is a all time great film?  Nah.  

Just now, Ozzy said:

I never said Altered is an all time great horror movie, just one of the better ones I have seen recently.

It is literally on your best movies you have seen all time list.  You literally did say it. 

I do believe the monster is far more creative and or scary in the movie than the trash monster that is in A Quiet Place.

18796997_3.jpg?v=8D0F4A12BD2FEC0
So scary. 

I feel sorry for your brain creatively if you think A Quiet Place is your favorite movie made in the last 20 years.   

I feel sorry for your brain creatively if you cannot differentiate between BEST and FAVORITE.  I won't get into the nuance with you.  Mostly because you'd have to look up nuance. 

That is just sad, not to mention the entire Phantasm BS you believe in, that movie is flat out awful.  

I won't get into nostalgia either.  The movie was made on a budget of 300,000 dollars with a lasting, iconic villain.  Sorry you can't suspend disbelief enough to enjoy a movie made before you were born on a budget of 300,000 dollars.  If you think it's awful, that's on you.  It's one of the most influential horror films and everyone working in horror will cite it, but yeah.  Pure trash. 

Want to make fun of spelling go ahead, I am highly dyslexic but maybe that allows me to sees things a little differently than you creatively. 

You think dyslexia gives you better taste in movies? 

So how pissed will you be when this great movie you love does not do so hot in this polling tournament?

I've already said A Quiet Place does not belong on this list because it does not fit into this genre and I didn't even nominate it.  I won't be upset at all. 

Put it in the thriller category, does not matter it is still an average at best movie made to scare children. 

The point of the movie was never to scare anyone.  Judging a movie by how well it scares people is as dumb as you think I think you are. 

Stop responding to me.  Your opinion means less to me than literally anything.