2020 NFL Combine Thread

goldfishwars

Well, nice to see Jordan Love continue to fit the Josh Allen profile. QB playing at a small program, builds hype but was unsuccessful as a senior and threw too many turnovers, knocks for accuracy and ability to see the field, knocks for ability to understand defenses, NFL body, terrific arm strength, very underrated athleticism as far as mobility goes. Love varies his rhythm as a passer in a way that only really Burrow and Eason have this year (Eason with less consistency, obviously). 

Shea Patterson dropped from 7th rd grade to UDFA for me based off of that 40 alone. Yeah, it's above average for a QB. But with Patterson, literally all that matters is his athleticism, and if it isn't very good or elite, not touching him in the draft. Might bring him into a camp for "competition" and to experiment with if I'm the Bears or Bucs. 

Steven Montez REALLY impressed me with that 40. Decent size, too. I know the issue with him is that he had the potential to be a special prospect with his body, arm, and the whole package, but it just always seemed like something was missing. Maybe it's an intangibles thing. Still, running a 4.58 moves him up to an early day 3 grade for me as a developmental prospect who could one day be an interesting backup.