1980s Horror - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

So we are just rolling these threads over?  Ok here we go for the 80s.

The Shining
A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Evil Dead
Aliens
Hellraiser

Friday the 13th
The Hitcher
Children of the Corn
The Fly

30 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

The Shining

Aliens

Hellraiser

Evil Dead

A nightmare on Elm St

Friday the 13th

The Thing

Gremlins

Children of the Corn

Poltergeist

The Fly

Child's Play

Frightnight

I thought Gremlins and Child's Play were too cheesy to nominate, and Poltergeist did not do much for me either.   The Fly I agree was pretty sweet, but one could call that Sci Fi possibly because it was not all that scary but is hard to categorize.  

Would be shocked if The Shining does not win this time span, which sucks just because it over times A Nightmare on Elm Street which is wonderfully creative as is Hellraiser and The Evil Dead.  There are parts in The Evil Dead that are extremely creepy in that cabin.  

The 70s are going to be brutal, even more competition than the 80s potentially.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Alien
The Exorcist
Halloween
Carrie
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Suspira
Nosferatu: Phantom Der Nacht

Alice Sweet Alice

Anyone see The Little Girl Who Lies Down the Lane?   Has Jodi Foster in it, cannot get it on Netflix for whatever reason.  

Edited by Ozzy

28 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I thought Gremlins and Child's Play were too cheesy to nominate, and Poltergeist did not do much for me either.   The Fly I agree was pretty sweet, but one could call that Sci Fi possibly because it was not all that scary but is hard to categorize.  

Gremlins was a bit of a comedy/horror but Child's Play was a legit and unique story where focus went to the doll itself being the source of evil rather then a side piece as it was in so many other films. Granted it was done before but Child's Play made it mainstream.

Edited by Calvert28