1980s Horror - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

In this thread we will be deciding the fourth entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Horror movie from the 1980s!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Nominations are open! Please be clear that you are nominating flicks. Movies with 3+ nominations will make it into the polling phase. Nominations will close Saturday, 2/22/2020 at 6pm EST. 

@Calvert28 @THE DUKE @FinneasGage @FourThreeMafia @Outpost31 @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn

Now things start to get real.

The Shining
A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Evil Dead
Aliens
Hellraiser

Friday the 13th
Pet Sematary
The Hitcher

The Fly

Hard call, The Shining, A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Evil Dead and Hellraiser are all wonderfully creative.  Very hard call on which is the best one...

• Like 1

Children of the Corn

My Bloody Valentine

An American Werewolf in London

Child's Play

Pet Semetary

The Hitcher

Hellraiser

Friday the 13th

The Evil Dead

Poltergeist

Gremlins

Aliens

The Thing @Outpost31

The Shining

All movies I've actually seen. This is rough. But we all know what Outpost is gonna pick.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

OK, let's get the icons out of the way:

Halloween

Friday 13th

Hellraiser

For @Outpost31, The Thing.

Then for my favorites: Pumpkinhead, Children of the Corn, Scanners, The Shining, and Gremlins (not horror, but why not?)

Halloween is 1978 so not included in this one.  

31 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

noms:

The Thing

Return of the Living Dead

Gremlins

Evil Dead 2

They Live

Predator

The Terminator

This ruins the movie for me, awesome story and idea but once it comes to a head and the monster is shown, wow what a disappointment and pretty stupid.  Was about as bad of a monster as A Quiet Place honestly or that stupid spider thing in the original IT, the clown was way better than that damn spider thing.  I gave The Thing 2 out of 5 stars just on that alone, cool idea but the imaginary idea was better that what actually happened in the film at the end.  PS Predator I would include as Sci Fi and was anyone actually scared of it?  I thought it was just cool and badass.  

the-thing.jpg