Why do the Raiders hate Derek Carr and wish for him to be dead?

Ty21

2 hours ago, Classic said:

Who could he have thrown to in that 4th and 5 situation? The defenders are near him and the nearest target is covered by 2 guys. That was just poorly executed play and playcall.

🤓

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

I mean just chuck a jump ball to the middle of the field if you have to. At least there's a chance at a play being made or a penalty being called.

Throwing it away gives you zero chance to win. 

Even if Carr throws it into double coverage, there's a >0 percent chance it gets caught.  Or a dumb penalty.   To ground it is a 0 percent chance.   And again - that's 2x he's done it on 4th down.   Once you could dismiss...but 2x, it's a bad look.   

By itself, those 2 plays alone don't define a QB - but when you add it to the record of underperformance as a team on O, and only 1 year of great numbers with a complete cast, and disappointment in other years - it's not completely fair, but the narrative and label that Carr's a "can't win big games with him" type guy, it's sticking pretty hard to him.

• Like 2

On 2/27/2020 at 2:50 PM, Broncofan said:

Ppl forget that perception matters so much.    Carr’s great season 

Wtf? Great season? Are you box score scouting? Granted, two of his best games of the year came against Denver, which may be the only two you watched in full. Carr had solid games against Denver x2, Second Charger Game, Packers, Texans, Lions (#32 Pass Defense, one of the worst pass defenses in NFL History... Carr/Dak had career games). 

Against the Chiefs x2, Vikings, Jets, Jaguars, Colts he looked like a Bottom 5 QB. Literally. It cancels out him looking like a Top 10-12 QB in the six games above. Once again, he has a solid cast overall. Carr will not throw to a guy unless he’s wide open, even if he has a couple steps. 

The rest of the games were pretty neutral. Don’t let the Bengal game fool you, he was constantly throwing short. He is one of the main reasons we scored 17 points. 

Edited by BayRaider

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Wtf? Great season? Are you box score scouting? Granted, two of his best games of the year came against Denver, which may be the only two you watched in full. Carr had solid games against Denver x2, Second Charger Game, Packers, Texans, Lions (#32 Pass Defense, one of the worst pass defenses in NFL History... Carr/Dak had career games). 

Against the Chiefs x2, Vikings, Jets, Jaguars, Colts he looked like a Bottom 5 QB. Literally. It cancels out him looking like a Top 10-12 QB in the six games above. Once again, he has a solid cast overall. Carr will not throw to a guy unless he’s wide open, even if he has a couple steps. 

The rest of the games were pretty neutral. Don’t let the Bengal game fool you, he was constantly throwing short. He is one of the main reasons we scored 17 points. 

Read the post above your reply - 1 season with great numbers - and you cut out the important qualifier - with a great cast and OL.   

Jeez.   

Edited by Broncofan

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Exactly. Carr was mediocre this season. 

On 2/27/2020 at 2:50 PM, Broncofan said:

Ppl forget that perception matters so much.    Carr’s great season with a fantastic cast is more than balanced by perceived underperforming in other years. Rightly or wrongly that label is hard to shed.   

Then when you add in plays like this: 

and this...

Then you get the dreaded “lacks heart / will to win” label.    Once that happens it’s hard to overcome that perception.  

Straight cowardly QB play. I want to see his contract gotta be an interception quota. Never seen a qb quit like that in 30 years of watching football

4 hours ago, GordyTheGoffer said:

Many fair, adult and football points. However through this chat I have seen a few instances of people downing Carr and using PPF data to do it, yet no mention of this fairly accurate and interesting account...

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-raiders-should-start-derek-carr-in-las-vegas-in-2020

PFF is useless and no one has used PFF to downgrade Carr in here. 

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

PFF is useless and no one has used PFF to downgrade Carr in here. 

Brilliant - You yourself said in this very thread that the Raiders O was excellent last year and you went on to list all the offensive positions of strength, you expressed they had an excellent 2nd TE!! When I asked who this so called excellent 2nd TE was (in disbelief because surely you were not referring to a rookie TE still learning the ropes), you suggested it was Foster Mareau. You read out his stats and clearly expressed that PFF had rated him as the best rookie TE, ahead of even Hockenson.

On 2/24/2020 at 7:42 PM, BayRaider said:

What here is inaccurate?

“In a word, Moreau’s rookie season was efficient. He hauled in 91.3% of his targets (21 of 23), including five scores, and he didn’t drop a single pass on the year. That’s precisely the kind of production you love to see from your No. 2 tight end. He was also PFFs highest graded Rookie TE, above Hockenson.”

This was the post.... Just in case you dont recall it.

1 hour ago, GordyTheGoffer said:

This was the post.... Just in case you dont recall it.

Only the last sentence was about PFF which I don’t really care about, and I took that entire quote off Twitter. 

The more important question here is, you keep trying to validate Carr as a good quarterback and that he should be the Raiders starter. He’s not. He’s not terrible but he’s pretty below average. Raiders were linked all over to Kyler Murray last year and would of selected him. This year they are linked to Brady. They are not that impressed with Carr, regardless of what they say. 

26 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I really don't know why or what it is. However, every time I read the title of this thread I feel like it was written by a 10 year old. I just can't seem to get past that. 

Agreed.... should change it to “Why do Raider fans want Carr gone?” or “Why do Mayock/Gruden never commit to Carr?”. Either work. 

• Like 1