Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Can you explain how that hurt Williams vaule? 

Hopkins had signability concerns and a reported rift with the coaching staff.  He is arguably the best receiver in the NFL, in the prime of his career and only got a second rounder.  

Meanwhile, Williams will not have played football in 20 months when he finally takes the field, hasn't done any team workouts or OTAs or mini-camps since he last played and wants a huge contract, and he's four years older than Hopkins and has injury concerns.  

The Hopkins trade was extremely damaging for Trent's value.  I don't even think Cooks is a valid comp right now.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Hopkins had signability concerns and a reported rift with the coaching staff.  He is arguably the best receiver in the NFL, in the prime of his career and only got a second rounder.  

Meanwhile, Williams will not have played football in 20 months when he finally takes the field, hasn't done any team workouts or OTAs or mini-camps since he last played and wants a huge contract, and he's four years older than Hopkins and has injury concerns.  

The Hopkins trade was extremely damaging for Trent's value.  I don't even think Cooks is a valid comp right now.  

Ok thanks. I don't think it was fair comp ethier but the fact it went down gave me a little hope. That's why I put was this O'Brien overpaying. 

Edited by Skins212689

After listening to Coach Burgundy's press interview answering a question about Trent and immediately pivoting to Dunbar, I’ve changed my mind- there is no way he plays in Washington again, Rivera is done with his crap.

I see three teams that are most likely to make a trade:

minn-  they need a Lt because their line was one of the worst giving less than 2.5 seconds on non play action passes. Captain Kirk was horrendous  on these plays and stellar on play action because he had more time. I can see them offering pick 58 valued at 320 points. 

the Jets- this division has now become winnable with Brady’s departure. It’s going to be interesting to see and answer a big question I’ve had for a while- were the Pats so successful and a dynasty because of A. Brady, B. Bellichik? The Jets signed a T that’s better in the right side and putting Trent at LT gives them a realistic shot at winning or a wild card. They have pick  48 worth 420 points. 

my favorite for who trades for Trent is ( drumroll), Seattle. They need him to win now. And we’ve already traded once with them so there is some trust ( which is important with a new rookie guy handling the front office). This is where it gets interesting- they have picks 59  (310) and 64 (270) but I’d push for their first pick 27 worth (680) and throw in our third pick 66 worth (260) netting the Trent trade at the equivalent value of a mid range second round pick 420. 
the benefit for us between the Jets and Seattle 420 ( not talking about lighting up just yet bro’s) is that we get two first round picks again in consecutive years ( where we invest in Chase and the best OL on the board consistent with coaches approach to building in the trenches) and complimenting the teams work in building depth in free agency. A third round pick is a depth player in is year 1. 

what do you think? 

Edited by Doc Draper
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Those are some good teams who could be interested.  I would throw the Ravens in as a wild card.  They could use Williams and Stanley on the outfield, and put Brown Jr in at RG to replace Yanda.  Only issue might be getting the future cap to work.  

You’re right but I don’t think we’ve ever traded with the ravens or is my because it’s a Dan rule as there is deep bad blood there 

44 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

After listening to Coach Burgundy's press interview answering a question about Trent and immediately pivoting to Dunbar, I’ve changed my mind- there is no way he plays in Washington again, Rivera is done with his crap.

minn-  they need a Lt because their line was one of the worst giving less than 2.5 seconds on non play action passes. Captain Kirk was horrendous  on these plays and stellar on play action because he had more time. I can see them offering pick 58 valued at 320 points. 

the Jets- this division has now become winnable with Brady’s departure. It’s going to be interesting to see and answer a big question I’ve had for a while- were the Pats so successful and a dynasty because of A. Brady, B. Bellichik? The Jets signed a T that’s better in the right side and putting Trent at LT gives them a realistic shot at winning or a wild card. They have pick  48 worth 420 points. 

my favorite for who trades for Trent is ( drumroll), Seattle. They need him to win now. And we’ve already traded once with them so there is some trust ( which is important with a new rookie guy handling the front office). This is where it gets interesting- they have picks 59  (310) and 64 (270) but I’d push for their first pick 27 worth (680) and throw in our third pick 66 worth (260) netting the Trent trade at the equivalent value of a mid range second round pick 420. 
the benefit for us between the Jets and Seattle 420 ( not talking about lighting up just yet bro’s) is that we get two first round picks again in consecutive years ( where we invest in Chase and the best OL on the board consistent with coaches approach to building in the trenches) and complimenting the teams work in building depth in free agency. A third round pick is a depth player in is year 1. 

what do you think? 

I want as High of a pick as I can get for Trent. Giving the position he plays and if he can prove to be in Football Shape I think the most we can get is a 2nd. I'd be more than happy if we could pull off that Seattle deal you have in mind. I have no problem giving up a 3rd plus Trent for a 1st round pick.

He's 1 of the best at protecting the QB and isn't coming off a injury so his vaule IMO should still be pretty high to a team looking to win a SuperBowl. Seattle is definitely a team in that position. Browns, Bucs, and Bills are other teams I'm calling in good condition to make a deep playoff run adding William's.

Edited by Skins212689
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

what do you think? 

Had me until Seattle. They already have a LT who's on par w/ with Trent, Duane Brown.

I’d put CLE on that list. If CLE trades for Trent then at 10 they can draft the best defensive player available which overall will make their team better from top to bottom for what they hope is a playoff push this year or next.

10 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

You’re right but I don’t think we’ve ever traded with the ravens or is my because it’s a Dan rule as there is deep bad blood there 

I think you're right. I don't ever remember us trading with the Ravens buts that's probably bc the Ravens are a smart run franchise who doesn't do stupid trades. IMO a franchise like the Ravens wouldn’t have traded Dunny or Trent. They'd have them play out their contracts and then let them walk in free agency next year. Then, in 2022 they’d take those comp picks and the comp pick from Kerrigan and invest in rebuilding with a young team.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Had me until Seattle. They already have a LT who's on par w/ with Trent, Duane Brown.

I’d put CLE on that list. If CLE trades for Trent then at 10 they can draft the best defensive player available which overall will make their team better from top to bottom for what they hope is a playoff push this year or next.

I'm still holding out hope that the Patriots are involved.

They could use a LT to protect Stidham.

Problem is, like us; they don't have a 2nd Rd pick either. So I doubt it happens. 

They would have to give us their #23 pick, or trade us a 3rd or lower in compensation. (Which could happen)

I'm still going to hold out hope on us getting a 2nd round pick for Trent.

Although, I know it's likely to be multiple mid rounders, instead of a 1st or 2nd.

I'm wondering if Trent will actually be a draft day trade.

Or traded after the draft, for 2021 picks.

We shall see...soon, I hope.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm still holding out hope that the Patriots are involved.

They could use a LT to protect Stidham.

Problem is, like us; they don't have a 2nd Rd pick either. So I doubt it happens. 

They would have to give us their #23 pick, or trade us a 3rd or lower in compensation. (Which could happen)

I'm still going to hold out hope on us getting a 2nd round pick for Trent.

Although, I know it's likely to be multiple mid rounders, instead of a 1st or 2nd.

I'm wondering if Trent will actually be a draft day trade.

Or traded after the draft, for 2021 picks.

We shall see...soon, I hope.

Maybe their 3rd and a player. The problem is the players we’d want, I don't think the Patriots are going to trade.

Also, the Pats have Isaiah Wynn and he's only going into his third year. Now, he could be moved to guard but still, I don't think they do it.

Another team is the Bucs, if we could get OJ Howard back and a 3rd, I’d do that.

Edited by turtle28

I would honestly take that trade with one fourth round pick right now.  But both would allow us to trade into the third round in the middle or near the end and acquire another impact player in the third.  Or maybe trade our third into the second if we really, really like someone who is falling.  It also gives us a decent stopgap in Reiff.  

• Like 3

There are still teams that need Trent. This could be a draft day thing. 

We've listed most teams that could hypothetically do this: Minnesota, Tampa Bay, Arizona, Cleveland, New York Jets, San Diego.

or maybe you wait for an injury. A lot of uncertainty with the season coming up. We might have to settle for 2021 picks. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

There are still teams that need Trent. This could be a draft day thing. 

We've listed most teams that could hypothetically do this: Minnesota, Tampa Bay, Arizona, Cleveland, New York Jets, San Diego.

or maybe you wait for an injury. A lot of uncertainty with the season coming up. We might have to settle for 2021 picks. 

Friendly Browns fan here the reason Trent does not have a trade market is this.

1 there are 13 tackles in the next 2 years with 1st round grade.

2nd Trents asking price is too high to sign S extension.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Friendly Browns fan here the reason Trent does not have a trade market is this.

1 there are 13 tackles in the next 2 years with 1st round grade.

2nd Trents asking price is too high to sign S extension.

3 he hasn't played in over a year

4 doctors want to examine his head and the growth

• Like 1