Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

Name this 3rd or 4th round pick that's gonna do what Trent Williams does!!! We see the Giants got protection for Jones via us drafting Young, Tampa got a guy to protect Brady, Miami got protection for Tua, and the Browns did the same for Bayfield. If Minny truly wants to protect Cousins they will trade a 2nd round pick for Williams. 

My hope is we ethier get Minny 2nd round pick to draft Delpit, McKinney, Higgins, or Diggs. Or he remains a Redskin protecting Haskins for the 2020 season. 

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I absolutely can see that being the case.  But in the end, it boils down to one thing.

Money GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHYT

Trent and his agent has drastically overplayed this money thing, and it goes back to him saying he would never play for the Redskins again.  Once he left the door open for a new contract, and how that's played out this off-season, I'm sure that there are plenty front offices that think this guy is toxic and his work ethic is once again in question, as it was when he came into the league.  Not to mention, this is going to be a very different off-season from Covid-19.  

So basically, we'll be lucky if we can trade him......... period.

We're better off forgetting about the compensation.

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Name this 3rd or 4th round pick that's gonna do what Trent Williams does!!! We see the Giants got protection for Jones via us drafting Young, Tampa got a guy to protect Brady, Miami got protection for Tua, and the Browns did the same for Bayfield. If Minny truly wants to protect Cousins they will trade a 2nd round pick for Williams. 

My hope is we ethier get Minny 2nd round pick to draft Delpit, McKinney, Higgins, or Diggs. Or he remains a Redskin protecting Haskins for the 2020 season. 

That's probably the best case scenario for us.

But will Trent play for us if we can't/don't trade him?

Will the drama be worth all of it, if he threatens to hold out, fail a physical, or fake an injury to acrue a season?

Just now, aceinthehouse said:

That's probably the best case scenario for us.

But will Trent play for us if we can't/don't trade him?

Will the drama be worth all of it, if he threatens to hold out, fail a physical, or fake an injury to acrue a season?

I don't see him sitting out 2 consecutive year's. We got Bruce out and brung in a better staff.

This now is about Business. If he wants to prove to other teams he isn't a distraction he's gonna fulfil his part of his contract. 

Trent has become a team cancer. Ironic, in a way. His conduct during all of this has been unbecoming of a team captain and, frankly, whoever is the trainer for whatever team he plays for should immediately inform him to seek medical care on his own. 

Don't care what they get for him any more. He provides negative value to the team in a season that is probably lost anyway. Dump him and move on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

This is not how NFL GMs think when it comes to the draft.  Also, off-field reasons are why Nuk Hopkins, arguably the top receiver in the league, got traded for essentially a second round pick.  Antonio Brown was traded for a third and fifth.  

Just now, Slateman said:

Trent has become a team cancer. Ironic, in a way. His conduct during all of this has been unbecoming of a team captain and, frankly, whoever is the trainer for whatever team he plays for should immediately inform him to seek medical care on his own. 

Don't care what they get for him any more. He provides negative value to the team in a season that is probably lost anyway. Dump him and move on.

Justin Timberlake Applause GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Succintly put. 

15 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

This is not how NFL GMs think when it comes to the draft.  Also, off-field reasons are why Nuk Hopkins, arguably the top receiver in the league, got traded for essentially a second round pick.  Antonio Brown was traded for a third and fifth.  

I hope Rivera isn't dumb enough to harm his young Franchise QB over the Business side of things. Just like I hope Trent isn't dumb enough to ruin his football career/legacy over the Business side of things. 

Keeping Trent and him showing up fulfilling his contract would show the Culture/ Character Rivera wants this Franchise to have going forward. They don't just let player's go because player's complain, they will allow players to seek trades, they will make necessary changes, at the end they will do what's best for the TEAM. 

Trent Williams protecting Haskins is what's best for the Team unless you replace him with a guy I named available as the 2nd round starts less than 6hrs from now. 

27 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

What off the field issues did Nuke have? He got traded for a second because his coach/GM is a moron. 

• Like 1