Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

All, we just need to stop. Trent isn't going to be traded. He isn't going to play in Washington either. And I doubt they pay him.

So, he either sits out the last year of his contract and then leaves(*) or he retires. That's just how it is going to be.

The damage is done.

Make peace with this.

(*) Oh, and if/when he leaves, don't count on that compensatory getting max value of even the 5th round. He won't have played a meaningful game in over 2.5 years.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Woz said:

All, we just need to stop. Trent isn't going to be traded. He isn't going to play in Washington either. And I doubt they pay him.

So, he either sits out the last year of his contract and then leaves(*) or he retires. That's just how it is going to be.

The damage is done.

Make peace with this.

(*) Oh, and if/when he leaves, don't count on that compensatory getting max value of even the 5th round. He won't have played a meaningful game in over 2.5 years.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/25/report-trent-williams-declined-trade-to-minnesota/

Says the Vikings were ready to pull the trigger and Trent put the Kabosh to it...

Why not just trade him anyway...

I'm beginning to feel now, the best value were going to get for Trent isn't a draft pick at all...

But a player.

Like TE O.J. Howard or whatever.

I say search for a team that also wants to unload a player of equal or similar value & make a trade. (If possible)

There doesn't have to be a contract extension, or 20M a year bs...

They take Trent on his 1-year deal & we take said player on his remaining contract.

Player for player swap.

Of course, they have to fit Trent under the cap, but we can do the same for the other team as well.

Otherwise, this crap continues on for next year & we get nothing for him when he walks.

12 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm beginning to feel now, the best value were going to get for Trent isn't a draft pick at all...

But a player.

Like TE O.J. Howard or whatever.

I say search for a team that also wants to unload a player of equal or similar value & make a trade. (If possible)

There doesn't have to be a contract extension, or 20M a year bs...

They take Trent on his 1-year deal & we take said player on his remaining contract.

Player for player swap.

Of course, they have to fit Trent under the cap, but we can do the same for the other team as well.

Otherwise, this crap continues on for next year & we get nothing for him when he walks.

I suppose we could absorb some of the cap hit? But Tampa took an OT too

12 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Lol, feel bad for Trent?  Really?

Trent has his blame for how he played the Redskins, but his agent has given him some truly terrible business advice on his worth in the NFL, which has caused his insane contract demands and no one wanting to trade for him this off-season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Trent has his blame for how he played the Redskins, but his agent has given him some truly terrible business advice on his worth in the NFL, which has caused his insane contract demands and no one wanting to trade for him this off-season. 

That's what happens when you hire your buddy.  The blame lies with Trent.

4 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

At this point what even is his gripe? Just the contract?

This is where I am. Is he seriously upset that Rivera met with Greg Olsen — a guy he coached for like a decade and who was a pending FA who had to be signed within days of his release — before he met with Trent? Because that’s some of the craziest, most emotionally needy/sensitive stuff I’ve ever heard of. 

I've been saying for months that Trent is losing his mind. I don’t know if it’s related to the cancer scare or all the pot he’s smoking or (god forbid) CTE or just having been embroiled in this saga for so long — but he’s losing his mind. The things he does don’t make sense. Why negotiate a deal with MIN and then when you’re about to get what you want, say you don’t want to go there? He’s acting like a nut case. 

And now we’re right back where we should’ve been last year if Trent wasn’t such a stubborn jackass/losing his mind: come to camp, play some football, show you’re still healthy and are still *Trent Williams* and then maybe you’ll get what you want.

8 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/25/report-trent-williams-declined-trade-to-minnesota/

Says the Vikings were ready to pull the trigger and Trent put the Kabosh to it...

Why not just trade him anyway...

Because of this very reason. There will not be a scenario where it will work out.

We just need to make peace with this fact.