2020 NFL Combine Noteworthy Results & Talk

Mind Character

13 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Joe Thomas said it. It’s true. 

I mean, the physical talent is immense.

Any team that drafts him should put weight clauses in his deal though.  He’s a big boy and he moves well, but I can’t help but think he’d be an absolute monster if he’d get rid of 25-30 pounds of slop. 

325-335 shouldn’t be too much to ask for a playing weight.

• Like 2

Becton is going to be the 1st tackle selected. He has too much talent to ignore. I do think that he'll end up being the top guy based on pure talent alone.

That being said, he's a risky prospect. Thomas and Wills are the steady-eddie's. Wirfs and Becton are the high upside players.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, the physical talent is immense.

Any team that drafts him should put weight clauses in his deal though.  He’s a big boy and he moves well, but I can’t help but think he’d be an absolute monster if he’d get rid of 25-30 pounds of slop. 

325-335 shouldn’t be too much to ask for a playing weight.

There doesn’t seem to be “slop” l. He carries 365 pretty well. 

he’s not Terrence Cody at least that’s for sure

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

There doesn’t seem to be “slop” l. He carries 365 pretty well. 

he’s not Terrence Cody at least that’s for sure

I mean, he’s not a complete fat sht, but he’s definitely carrying some bad weight.

I don’t think he needs visible abs or anything, but there’s really no reason to weight as much as he does.  330-340 is still heavier than all but a few tackles and he’d likely be significantly quicker at that weight.

If the guy can run a 5.1 at nearly 370, I help but think he’s a sub 5 second guy at 330.  That’s absolutely insane.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, he’s not a complete fat sht, but he’s definitely carrying some bad weight.

I don’t think he needs visible abs or anything, but there’s really no reason to weight as much as he does.  330-340 is still heavier than all but a few tackles and he’d likely be significantly quicker at that weight.

If the guy can run a 5.1 at nearly 370, I help but think he’s a sub 5 second guy at 330.  That’s absolutely insane.

I agree that weighting 340 would be ideal, I think his weight is a non-issue atm.

• Like 1

Disagree on the Becton weight discussion. I mean, obviously if he ballooned out to 390-400 that's a major issue. But the guy is a legit 6'8+ and watching him move right now, he's not carrying any more than a healthy amount of extra weight. There's a reason the vast majority of OL guys have a little bit of chunk to the them, allows them to absorb some punishment and allows their bodies to recover a little better. So, while I'd be concerned about weight gain just because he is massive, I'm not at all concerned about his current weight because his agility and speed #s are hella impressive for his size and looking at the guy, he's not carrying a lot of unnecessary baggage.

On 3/2/2020 at 5:52 PM, pnies20 said:

My favorite 2nd and 3rd day targets, not in order

- Patrick Queen LB LSU

- Alton Robinson DE Cuse

- Alex Highsmith DE Charlotte

- Antoine Winfield S Minn

- Jalen Reagor WR/PR/KR TCU

- Marlon Davidson DT Auburn

- Adam Trautman TE Dayton

- Malik Jefferson LB Ohio St.

- Kristian Fulton CB LSU

- Brycen Hopkins TE Purdue

- AJ Dillon RB BC

- Chase Claypool WR ND

My favorite 2nd day target young DE

OSU

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Idk man

17% body fat. That’s extremely trim at that weight. I don’t think you can expect less for him. To get down to 12% at that weight would be unreasonable. If he has extra weight it’s more like 5-8 pounds then 20

where he’s at is probably where he’s should play

Edited by brownie man

9 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Idk man

17% body fat. That’s extremely trim at that weight. I don’t think you can expect less for him. To get down to 12% at that weight would be unreasonable. If he has extra weight it’s more like 5-8 pounds then 20

where he’s at is probably where he’s should play

Where did you get 17% BF from?