Possible cut casualties?

Skippy

1 minute ago, jleisher said:

McGovern is two years younger.  He can play G and C, has a PFF of 71.9.  Linsley two years older, can only play C and has a PFF of 69.8.  I'll give you the PFFs are a wash, McGovern offers more to the power running game then Linsley.  IMO, I think the Packers think Patrick is more suited for the power run game then Linsley.  So, I don't see your argument.  

kzR0DpF.gif

This is the very first play of our playoffs. This should immediately bring two thoughts to your mind:

1. Why the hell am I trying to build a power running game when we're a zone running team.

2. Why the hell am I trying to get rid of Corey Linsley?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Dude, my point is, if that $ could be used in a better way, then yeah, they could be cut.  I thought this thread was possible cuts, not sure thing cuts.  As Lazard, sure you can pay him peanuts, as you say, but if they want to lock him up longer, they could offer him a bigger contract, but sure, they could wait.

Cutting MVS doesn't save you enough money to buy one, singular, UDFA. 

Why the **** would you pay an EFRA when he's locked up for nothing for two years. 

This is just dumb. And not even defensible dumb. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Koj547j.png

5hhYLOoh.gif

Get the heck out of here with your Rodgers-stan trash takes. That ball couldn't have been more right down the middle. He didn't snap a damn thing to the side. 

Rodgers dropped the sort of football that he would have banished any non-Adams receiver to the bench for 4 games. 

I don't believethat is the correct play.

2 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

I don't believethat is the correct play.

HOW MANY ******* PLAYS DO YOU THINK FOX BROADCAST DID A CLOSEUP OF COREY LINSLEY'S ***????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

Jesus Christ, there's a gif in the post. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20

Is there nothing the mods can do about this ?

I know AG20 contributes plenty to the forum but this is just pure spam/trolling now. This is a thread discussing possible cuts but its just been ruined by him spamming it with his usual anti-Rodgers propaganda. Can we have a partial ban or something - maybe just allow him to post in topics he starts or something so he doesn't derail everything else whilst still being able to voice his opinion.

I'm assuming by the way he isn't advocating cutting Rodgers (which would make his earlier post about Lowry look a bit silly). 

• Like 1

Read the last three pages and only one post on topic! Sadly, none of it was interesting or worth reading about. 

If it were me I'd cut:

Taylor, Graham and Linsley. 

Nothing against Linsley and think it is foolish to say the snap in the picture was on him for what it's worth. I just think you have Patrick under contact for 2 years and he's more than serviceable. You have Jenkins who can back up at center. Linsley is not a bad center, top half of the league so I wonder if we could score a draft pick for him rather than an all out release. 

The 8.5 million we'd save could improve another position ore than it would hinder the center position IMO! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

Is there nothing the mods can do about this ?

I know AG20 contributes plenty to the forum but this is just pure spam/trolling now. This is a thread discussing possible cuts but its just been ruined by him spamming it with his usual anti-Rodgers propaganda. Can we have a partial ban or something - maybe just allow him to post in topics he starts or something so he doesn't derail everything else whilst still being able to voice his opinion.

I'm assuming by the way he isn't advocating cutting Rodgers (which would make his earlier post about Lowry look a bit silly). 

It's not against forum rules to have an opinion.  We were discussing Corey Linsley as a cap casualty, and he was merely stating that the Linsley snap wasn't an issue.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

HOW MANY ******* PLAYS DO YOU THINK FOX BROADCAST DID A CLOSEUP OF COREY LINSLEY'S ***????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

Jesus Christ, there's a gif in the post. 

At this point, it's probably time to take a break from the keyboard AG.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

AhQbEPg.gif

This is the guy you want to replace a top 7 Center with the 15th highest cap hit for?

I've never advocated for Patrick at center ... my thought a while back was Jenkins to center, because he probably has pro bowl ability there and is a far cheaper option than Linsley.  Resign Bulaga with some of that cap savings .. draft a guard and let the guys like Patrick battle it out for a starting LG gig.

The one thing you can always count on in an offseason on FF is cutting players or refusing to resign your own players that have no business being cut or not wanted back. 

I have a tip for some of you: Stop it. 

Edited by Nick_gb
  • Like 1

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

I've never advocated for Patrick at center ... my thought a while back was Jenkins to center, because he probably has pro bowl ability there and is a far cheaper option than Linsley.  Resign Bulaga with some of that cap savings .. draft a guard and let the guys like Patrick battle it out for a starting LG gig.

Jenkins has pro bowl ability at Guard. Why would you move him to Center?

The offensive line was the best unit this team had this year. Why are we trying to mess with it? What are you spending 7.5 million dollars on that you risk seriously downgrading the run game?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Jenkins has pro bowl ability at Guard. Why would you move him to Center?

The offensive line was the best unit this team had this year. Why are we trying to mess with it? What are you spending 7.5 million dollars on that you risk seriously downgrading the run game?

It's all based on a premise that Linsley will only be in GB for 2020 .. then at that point you'd have to replace him at center with somebody.  Who better than the talented center they drafted in the second round in 2019?  I get the point about not wanting mess with him if he's already a good left guard, but he very well may have been drafted to be the eventual replacement for Linsley?  We have options at least if the Packers feel they need Linsley's dough to keep Bulaga long term, or spend on Dline, etc.

Edited by {Family Ghost}