Possible cut casualties?

Skippy

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Yes, but cutting Linsley is not the only way to re-sign Bulaga. 

It's okay to not fill every single hole in free agency if it means you can keep your good players.  Good players that played for the Packers are as good as good players who played for other teams. 

EXACTLY! These mocks of cutting our good players to obtain other teams good players are getting out of hand lately. New isn't always better!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

@mikemike778, I disagree with the assessment that the front office knows more.  They are certainly privy to more information, but to say they KNOW more (and this might be semantics) is wrong.  They signed Lowry to an extension and cut Daniels.  They kept Cobb, cut Jordy and signed Graham.  This front office has made several mistakes with its own players, so to suggest they know better is false.  

While they might be impressed with Patrick and have faith in him, if they were to cut Linsley in favor of Patrick, it might not be the best move.  

Mike Daniels, 9 games, 10 tackles, 1 sack in 2019. AND 10 million dollars. Not sure that was the best comparison there! I do agree they've made several mistakes, but didn't keeping Cobb and cutting Jordy happen prior to our current GM?

10 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Mike Daniels, 9 games, 10 tackles, 1 sack in 2019. AND 10 million dollars. Not sure that was the best comparison there! I do agree they've made several mistakes, but didn't keeping Cobb and cutting Jordy happen prior to our current GM?

Nope, that was Gute all the way.

On 3/1/2020 at 10:08 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Dude, you understand that the purpose of cutting players is to:

1. Achieve salary cap relief to target another player.

2. Open up a roster spot.

3. Remove a toxic personality from the locker room. 

And #2 doesn't have an impact before the start of the regular season. If that's the reason they're gone, they end up a camp cut.

Lowry, despite being mediocre all year, was still our second best DL guy. You get negative cap space from cutting him.

Scantling makes pocket change. There's no point in cutting him. He's also 25 years old and was on pace for 900 yards through the first seven games of the season. He's also the only guy in our WR corps with any deep speed. You know, the thing you all bitched incessantly about us lacking.

No way does MVS make this team next year, now way!

On 3/1/2020 at 3:56 PM, ChaRisMa said:

Re: Dean Lowry

We can cut him before March 20th and save nothing.

But we get out of paying him 3.7 this year...

I think odds are we get 3.7 in value from him. Maybe he bounces back more stout. The pressure is on Lowry because if the front 7 doesn’t solidify he’s likely one of the pieces we replace.

I only brought up Lowry initially because his playtime seemed to get cut down the stretch and to me he seemed a little out of favor. 

On 3/2/2020 at 5:19 PM, Nick_gb said:

EXACTLY! These mocks of cutting our good players to obtain other teams good players are getting out of hand lately. New isn't always better!

I love Linsley , really do . It’s odd to me where people don’t want to ‘pay RBs’ or pay for a MLB but are comfortable paying a C.

The idea that we trade Linsley isn’t far fetched . We didn’t pay guys like Scott Wells and Evan Diethrich Smith while they were still pretty well. 

They also signed Patrick not too long ago. They obviously like him and see him as a C.