Possible cut casualties?

Skippy

16 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yeah, none of this is accurate. He played his second highest game by percentage of snaps in week 16. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LowrDe00/fantasy/2019

I'm not going to do the math but once the halfway point of the season hits (week 9 thru 16) he only played 60% of the snaps twice but in the first 8 games he only missed it twice. So stop being a **** with every stat and trying to make yourself look like a genius. I've noticed that about you. He clearly played more the first half of the season, so boy wonder if you wanna add it all up, I referenced it for you. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Player A:  First year.  33 receptions, 366 yards.  2 TD.  Second year.  22 receptions 320 yards.  2 TD's.

Player B:  First year.  38 receptions, 446 yards.  3 TD.  Second year.  50 receptions 483 yards.  1 TD

Player C:  First year.  38 receptions, 581 yards.  2 TD.  Second year.  26 receptions 452 yards.  2 TD.

A is Jordy Nelson.  B is Davante Adams.  C is Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Dude needs to be on the roster next year.  It takes time to become a good NFL WR.

MVS was a later round pick than Nelson or Adams.  True that MVS may have had more opportunity, the fact is this...his production isn't too far off from the other two.  And the other two are darned good.  

I think the difference is is that when Davante and Jordy came up their opportunities were less because of the amount of talent they had to go against. But dang good analysis. You've convinced me to at least bring him to training camp.

3 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I'm not going to do the math but once the halfway point of the season hits (week 9 thru 16) he only played 60% of the snaps twice but in the first 8 games he only missed it twice. So stop being a **** with every stat and trying to make yourself look like a genius. I've noticed that about you. He clearly played more the first half of the season, so boy wonder if you wanna add it all up, I referenced it for you. 

Make that once only less than 60% in the first half of the season.....still waiting wonderboy!

19 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Based on what? Even if we add a body in free agency and the early rounds of the draft, that still puts him as WR5 at worst? 

Based on Aaron I just don't think wants him back. I'll say that he should get brought back to training camp, but I'm not convinced by any means he makes the team next year. 

MVS, EQ, Kumerow, Lazard, etc.

None of them are roster locks. We didn’t get what we NEEDED out of that group last year so you better expect a pile of talent and competition to bump one or two out of the roster. All have had chances.

23 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

None of them are roster locks. We didn’t get what we NEEDED out of that group last year so you better expect a pile of talent and competition to bump one or two out of the roster. All have had chances.

Out of that bunch, Lazard at least showed a little something .. everybody else ... not so much.   Totally agree with everything else.     

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

Based on Aaron I just don't think wants him back. I'll say that he should get brought back to training camp, but I'm not convinced by any means he makes the team next year. 

I doubt Aaron doesnt want him back, he missed him a ton on deep balls, not all on MVS.

9 hours ago, Skippy said:

So just to make your argument as clear as possible, you are advocating that Dean Lowry is a cut candidate because in weeks 1-8 he played 66% of snaps but in weeks 9-16 he only played 57% of snaps? That argument does a tremendous job of making the entire forum look like a genius when put under the microscope next to your posts. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Skippy said:

Aaron isn't the team's General Manager.

If Aaron has an issue with a second year receiver such that his opinion is irreversibly tainted and he can't get over himself, Rodgers is even more of a problem than I've been saying.

This is a football team, not an adventure of Aaron's playmates. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Aaron isn't the team's General Manager.

If Aaron has an issue with a second year receiver such that his opinion is irreversibly tainted and he can't get over himself, Rodgers is even more of a problem than I've been saying.

This is a football team, not an adventure of Aaron's playmates. 

Oh, the irony. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

A lot can happen between now and next year, but I have a hard time believing Lazard hasn't earned a spot next year. Things can happen, but right now, he's our #2 WR, so 4-5 guys would have to blow past him for that to happen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

A lot can happen between now and next year, but I have a hard time believing Lazard hasn't earned a spot next year. Things can happen, but right now, he's our #2 WR, so 4-5 guys would have to blow past him for that to happen. 

I like Lazard and what he showed as a WR last year.  He's probably the #2 as it stands but that in itself is the issue.  Packers need more than that at the #2 and maybe even #3 WR spot.  Lazard is more likely a #3 or #4  … I'm ok with him there … not as a #2 or even a #3.  Looking for a combo of free agency and draft pick(s) to shore up those spots.  

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

I like Lazard and what he showed as a WR last year.  He's probably the #2 as it stands but that in itself is the issue.  Packers need more than that at the #2 and maybe even #3 WR spot.  Lazard is more likely a #3 or #4  … I'm ok with him there … not as a #2 or even a #3.  Looking for a combo of free agency and draft pick(s) to shore up those spots.  

Completely agree! I was referring to the comment that he's not a roster lock for next year. In theory, he's not but for all practical purposes he played his way onto the team next year, barring a complete disaster of a camp. 

5 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Completely agree! I was referring to the comment that he's not a roster lock for next year. In theory, he's not but for all practical purposes he played his way onto the team next year, barring a complete disaster of a camp. 

No doubt about it.  Even more encouraging for him, Rodgers seems to have faith in him … that's a big deal.  For what his cost cap wise is to this team; he's in.