Average Offensive Starter PFF Scores for NFL

MacReady

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

@Arthur Penske and everybody else who is going to **** on PFF, put it to the test.  If you think PFF is horse****, critique it.  Look at the other #2 receivers and ask yourself if the ranking is adequate.  Put Lazard against Watkins.  Playmaking ability and speed and Watkins is obviously better, but consider everything.  Not just ermergerd PlAyz and speed.  Watkins has had motivation issues and lapses in effort his entire career.  If you don’t think that shows up in blocking and other areas, you’re out of your mind.

Do the same with OL.  Look - ACTUALLY LOOK - at the other guards and centers in the league.  For ****’s sake, Newhouse started 8 games at tackle for the Patriots. Is Linsley not better than the players PFF says he’s better than?

You can crap on PFF all you want, but to act like it doesn’t have merit when you actually LOOK at the players on other teams is ****ing insane.

So are we all agreed then that Rodgers is around about the 8th best Quarterback in the league ?  If so then we are all finally on the same page. He isn't elite any more and not particularly good value remains very good but given the difficulty in finding QBs then having one of the best 25% in the game remains a asset to the franchise and gives us a real chance to compete.

This is basically all that people defending Rodgers have been saying, we aren't in any way blind to his faults but just get irritated by the likes of AG20 ranting about him being a poor man's Rex Grossman or something. If we are basically all on the same page can we end the bickering about Rodgers abilities. He is what he is - a very good QB who isn't on a particularly team friendly contract at the moment.

Unless of course the PFF stats are misleading, don't indicate how good a player is  and he isn't the 8th best after all in which case the whole thread is pretty pointless.

Why are we doing this again? Everyone in America who watches football knows we need to address the WR position, which thankfully will happen this offseason whether in FA, the draft or  both. That's all that needs to be said. 

• Like 3

If you need further perspective, how many other NFL teams started 3 receivers at the #2 spot, with 2 of them failing miserably and basically getting banished to the bench, and the 1 left standing by default is best served as a #3 ? Show me a stat table that covers that. 

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Why are we doing this again? Everyone in America who watches football knows we need to address the WR position, which thankfully will happen this offseason whether in FA, the draft or  both. That's all that needs to be said. 

This isn’t about WR, this is about people acting like Rodgers has Chatman and Gado and Gardner and Whiticker when he doesn’t.

Here's the fact about PFF. If PFF aligns with the argument people are attempting to make, it becomes a credible source. However, the moment it no longer supports their argument they're no longer a credible source when attempting to make a point. This incident holds true even in this thread. @Outpost31you mocked PFF for their grade on Jimmy Graham with their TE ranking but now that their rankings fit your narrative they're a credible source. 

However, there are also some things that are being said in here that I tend to completely agree with. If your "Elite" quarterback needs "Elite talent" in order for the offense to function as intended, then that Quarterback is not elite and he shouldn't be paid as if he were. 

Edited by Nick_gb
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

Here's the fact about PFF. If PFF aligns with the argument people are attempting to make, it becomes a credible source. However, the moment it no longer supports their argument they're no longer a credible source when attempting to make a point. This incident holds true even in this thread. @Outpost31you mocked PFF for their grade on Jimmy Graham with their TE ranking but now that their rankings fit your narrative they're a credible source. 

I’ve already admitted I need to eat it with Jimmy.  He sucked.  Probably has a slightly higher receiving grade, but he sucked.

Three things should be taken from this thread:

1. We have a lot of talent on offense.

2. Most of the NFL is sorely lacking in as many or more areas offensively as we are.

3. Rodgers is not crippled by a lack of talent.

In the second post of this thread, I ranked the top quarterbacks by their PFF score, but also by their score versus the overall offense score.  Rodgers was the 12th best at elevating his team.  That alone should be proof that Rodgers is not handicapped anymore than other good quarterbacks in this league.

7 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Top-rated Quarterbacks
1. Tannehill 92.5
2. Wilson 91.2
3. Brees 91.2
4. Jackson 91.1
5. Cousins 84.3
6. Mahomes 84.1
7. Stafford 82.4
8. Rodgers 81.2
9. Watson 81.0
10. Brady 80.4
11. Prescott 80.3
12. Carr 79.9
13. Fitzpatrick 76.5
14. Wentz 75.6

Quarterback ratings Over/Under Team Rankings
1.Wilson + 23.8
2. Tannehill + 22.8
3. Brees + 18.9
4. Jackson +17.1
5.Fitzpatrick + 16.7
6. Mahomes +16.2
7. Cousins +14.6
8. Watson + 13.7
9. Brady +13.7
10.Stafford +13.3
11. Rodgers +9.4
12.Ryan + 9.3
13. Rivers + 9
14. Carr +8.6
15. Jimmy G. +7.7
16. Mayfield + 7.7
17. Minshew + 7.1
18.Prescott + 5.8
19. Goff + 5.3
20. Haskins + 1.4
21. Trubisky + .5
22. Wentz + .3
23. Jones -.3
24. Allen - 1.8
25. Murray - 2.6
26. Winston - 3.2
27. Lock - 8
28. Brissett - 13.7

Corey Linsley: 12th (Tied with three others)
Billy Turner: 21st (tied with three others)

Look at Baby Favre (Minshew).  Better than any other rookie QB this year at elevating his team.  

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Three things should be taken from this thread:

1. We have a lot of talent on offense.

2. Most of the NFL is sorely lacking in as many or more areas offensively as we are.

3. Rodgers is not crippled by a lack of talent.

Or better known as 3 things not to be taken from this thread

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, I need to eat it with Graham.  He’s bad.

Adams, Lazard, MVS and Allison, thanks to Adams, makes our pass catchers average.  Unless you think what the Steelers, Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Bengals, Jaguars, Colts, Titans, Patriots, Ravens, Raiders, Broncos, Panthers, Redskins, Eagles, Niners, Cardinals (am I past 16 yet) we’re better off at WR 1-3.

Spoiler alert: They weren’t.  

Our pass catchers (from 1-4) were better than half the league.  

I'm not convinced were much better than the Jaguars WR's, they have some talent and guys that fit together well there.  The offensive line was brutal to watch for them, I think that held them back the most.

I should not have made this thread.  I thought people at least would be able to get that RB/OL/WR1 we’re significantly better off than the MAJORITY of the NFL, but no, Rodgers was playing with Jeff Janis clones and Samkon ****ing Gafo.

First and 10 from the Packers own 35. Three wide receiver set. Rodgers takes the snap, drops back. Initial protection is good. Adams double teamed with safeties also rotated to his side. Jimmy Graham is on the ground, frantically pressing the button on an amulet around his neck. He tripped over the 40 yard line and has fallen and can't get up...... again. Jones sneaks out of the backfield but teams have learned well and is picked up by a DB. Lazard, taking the place of MVS , who went from #2 WR to #8 WR,  standing at the line of scrimmage waiting for a screen. Allison, a former #2 WR who is on the field by default,  blanketed by the nearest DL dropping in coverage. Yea. That pretty much covers a typical pass play. Loads of talent

Edited by cannondale

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I should not have made this thread.

Yes you definitely should have -  quality content is what makes this place work
But once you put it out there, you have to divorce yourself what happens next. Horse - to - water and all that

The 2019 Packers, despite all their warts - swept the division, earned the # 2 seed and made it to the NFFCG.
You don't do that with a crappy roster, a crappy QB, a crappy DC and a crappy defense
It can't be done in the NFL.

22 minutes ago, cannondale said:

First and 10 from the Packers own 35. Three wide receiver set. Rodgers takes the snap, drops back. Initial protection is good. Adams double teamed with safeties rotated to his side. Jimmy Graham is on the ground, frantically pressing the button on an amulet around his neck. He tripped over the 40 yard line and has fallen down and can't get up...... again. Jones sneaks out of the backfield but teams have learned well and is picked up by a DB. Lazard, taking the place of MVS , who went from #2 WR to #8 WR,  standing at the line of scrimmage waiting for a screen. Allison blanketed by the nearest DL dropping in coverage. Yea. That pretty much covers a typical pass play. Loads of talent

Two questions:

1. How many teams don’t have similar issues where protection is crap from the start or they don’t even have a single receiver to be worth doubling?

2. Prove it.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Two questions:

1. How many teams don’t have similar issues where protection is crap from the start or they don’t even have a single receiver to be worth doubling?

2. Prove it.

I don't have to, because I said the protection is good. But here's a quick quiz. If no one is open does it really matter ?