NBA has suspended the season

KhanYouDigIt

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

The NBA and the owners have an opportunity here to do something great...or appear like cheap billionaires. Pay the players, pay the hourly workers, pay them all. Don't let this destroy someone's personal life.

Arent nba contracts guaranteed. 

10 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Arent nba contracts guaranteed. 

Yeah, but there's language in the CBA that the owners could use to not pay players during this suspension.

It'd be a disaster if they did that IMO. Their relationship with the NBPA would be lit on fire.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, but there's language in the CBA that the owners could use to not pay players during this suspension.

It'd be a disaster if they did that IMO. Their relationship with the NBPA would be lit on fire.

Yeah they make out better in long run if they dont try to pull that move. Maybe knicks owner might try. Lolol. 

What does this mean for Gobert and Mitchell's careers in the long term? Surely, they wouldn't be able to play another NBA game until there is a vaccine, right? That could take anywhere from a year or two, or even longer.

EDIT:  Some people on Discord were telling me that if the season resumed in a few weeks that Mitchell and Gobert would be able to play.  I don't get how that's possible.  Someone educate me on this.

I know this is the right move in the grand scheme of things and there are more important things than basketball/sports, but damn it's irritating that it is the way it is. The playoffs had some fun storylines going. I just hope we get that part. 

• Like 1

I am ending my self imposed ban ( to the sad dismay of some perhaps) because times like this are of far greater importance than any minor grievances I have/had. 

Having said that I do really fear so some of us out there. These are unprecedented times and many people may be affected either/both financially and/or physically.

How long before we can say that we actually know someone personally who will be fighting for their life.

god bless everyone..

4 hours ago, showtime said:

What does this mean for Gobert and Mitchell's careers in the long term? Surely, they wouldn't be able to play another NBA game until there is a vaccine, right? That could take anywhere from a year or two, or even longer.

EDIT:  Some people on Discord were telling me that if the season resumed in a few weeks that Mitchell and Gobert would be able to play.  I don't get how that's possible.  Someone educate me on this.

I ain't no doctor but people are recovering left and right. I would imagine if there's no trace of the virus, they are free to do whatever.