NBA has suspended the season

KhanYouDigIt

So that means, if the NBA starts back on May 10th and then picks up where they left off, could the season potentially go into mid-late August?

That's wild. Wouldn't they have to consider fast forwarding straight to the postseason if the season started back on May 10th?

Late June start? I mean I could see it but there will be almost more of a break than a regular offseason for a team participating in the finals. So is the following year's offseason going to be less than two months or they push the start of the season? Wouldn't be totally surprised if they eventually call the season off with no winner. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

Cant speak of other areas, but just where I live. Down in South Florida, between Miami-Dade County and Broward County, they have closed all schools, all programs, now even beaches. They have told restaurants they must be closed by 10 p.m. can only have half staff and serve whatever half the normal amount is.

All in all, this may be on the better safe than sorry but I absolutely do believe Panic it will start setting in soon. Believe the economy is going to take a good gut punch.

As far as the NBA season goes to be honest I would be surprised if this year isn't a total wash

Edited by resilient part 2

19 minutes ago, August4th said:

Yup. Beat me to it :)

Against the backdrop of a global pandemic, NBA owners and executives are bracing for the possibility of mid-to-late June as a best-case scenario for the league's return, sources told ESPN.

Fears exist of a season completely lost, especially based on the slow response of the United States to flatten the curve of the coronavirus and make testing available on a widespread basis.

15 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Late June start? I mean I could see it but there will be almost more of a break than a regular offseason for a team participating in the finals. So is the following year's offseason going to be less than two months or they push the start of the season? Wouldn't be totally surprised if they eventually call the season off with no winner. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/07/nba-executives-discuss-shifting-schedule-to-avoid-competing-with-nfl-in-the-fall/

They should just delay the start of next season to December, and make it an annual thing (December - August schedule) as suggested in the article

11 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/07/nba-executives-discuss-shifting-schedule-to-avoid-competing-with-nfl-in-the-fall/

They should just delay the start of next season to December, and make it an annual thing (December - August schedule) as suggested in the article

I would love that. For someone that only watches basketball/football as the main team sports, it would keep me occupied for the entire year. No more summer break where it is rough to watch anything on TV. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 1