Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

2 hours ago, N4L said:

No, it really doesn't seem like you do understand. 

You said "people should stop using numbers without context" while simultaneously not acknowledging the context of the same data you gave, which clearly doesn't account for the fact anyone who shows symptoms got the virus TWO WEEKS ago

That alone should show you that we really have no clue the true severity of this at this moment. Exponential growth for an unmitigated 2 weeks while asymptomatic people spread the disease equals a whole ****load of undocumented cases. 

That doesn't even take into account the fact we arent testing people as frequently as we should due to a lack of governmental response. 

Any numbers we have are two weeks late and underreported. This is the beginning, we do not have accurate data points at this moment. We just don't. 

The mortality rate is just a piece of this puzzle. The point I was making about how contagious this ****ing super virus is was to point out that a crapload of at risk people are about to get it over the next month. The death rate you posted is when the known cases in the US was less than 1500. That's a small sample size and cannot be used as an accurate predictive model when it comes to 'determining the mortality rate in the US' which has 300,000,000 people. Do you see how foolish that sounded now? 

The irony of you talking about context with regards to data, while being so far off on the basis of your own supplied information would be hilarious under other circumstances

Then you had the audacity to mention NFL general as if that somehow made you correct. What you are saying is so far off the mark it is actually the post that belongs in NFL general 

You are just talking in circles, trying to act like youre proving something, but failing miserably.  You have yet to even post a single point disputing what I said.  You just keep rambling about how its spreading and how we dont know the actual number people who have it, when I NEVER DISPUTED THAT.  The only thing Im talking about is the CURRENT REPORTED MORTALITY RATE IN THE U.S.  Yet you seem hellbent on creating a pathetic strawman based on claims I never made and about factors I never disputed.  

And maybe if you bothered to read, you wouldve seen I even stated it could get worse.  I was talking about the CURRENT MORTALITY RATE, but instead of disputung the FACTS, youre whining because Im not factoring in projections and incomplete information WE DON'T EVEN HAVE YET, based on your own admission.

Audacity? Ha...The NFL Gen thing was nothing more than a joke, and a shot at NFL Gen.  Sorry the low flying joke went way over your head.

But by all means, keep freaking out and ignore whats actually being said and just keep screaming about how Im not factoring in information that you yourself cant even provide at this point.

My main point in all of this has been we shouldnt create narratives based on incomplete information or skewed metrics that will incite more panic, which is exactly what youre advocating to do.  

Ill stick to facts and credible infomation we have and as we get it.

You can continue fearmongering with projections and incomplete information.

Edited by FourThreeMafia

ATTENTION AirBnB travelers ---

For those who had trips planned, and weren't sure what kind of fees you'd owe AirBnB if you cancel, fyi:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2701/extenuating-circumstances-policy-and-the-coronavirus-covid19

Basically for trips you scheduled before March 14th, that occur between Mar 14 and Apr 14, you can cancel for free.

Been keeping an eye on this for the last few days as everything shuts down, because i had a trip planned for this upcoming weekend.  Now i can cancel for free.  Really sucks for the hosts though...

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

???

I quoted you, so...

Ok, then let me ask another question, because my sarcasm/joke meter doesn't work this early in the morning.  Were you attempting a joke with me, or actually coming at me?

EDIT: that sounded bad.  Let me rephrase - were you attempting a joke or was that a serious question?

Just now, theJ said:

Ok, then let me ask another question, because my sarcasm/joke meter doesn't work this early in the morning.  Were you attempting a joke with me, or actually coming at me?

Well, you "came at me" by just telling people to ignore what I'm saying, for no other reason than you seemingly disagree with me.  

So...take from it what you will.

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Well, you "came at me" by just telling people to ignore what I'm saying, for no other reason than you seemingly disagree with me.  

So...take from it what you will.

Check for a PM in a minute.  I'm not your enemy.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Day 4 Without Sports:

b16.jpg

I saw a post on my wife's Facebook last night of a guy brooming in front of a roomba, like Curling.  That was day 3 without sports.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Rumors going around that Governor DeWine in Ohio within 72 hours is going to announce mandatory housing Quarantine, with exceptions/possible exceptions for grocery stores, work, and doctors.

Just heard governor whitmer is expected to announce that dine-in at bars and restaurants is going to be stopped here in Michigan. We’re now up to 53 known cases. 

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Rumors going around that Governor DeWine in Ohio within 72 hours is going to announce mandatory housing Quarantine, with exceptions/possible exceptions for grocery stores, work, and doctors.

DeWine has not been my cup of teas since forever, but he’s knocked this situation out of the park tbh.

• Like 3