Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

36 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Bars closing means it's time to panic shop at liquor stores. 

Probably only a matter of time before they all close too....i've got some rum, gin, aguardiente, tequila, 3 bottles of vodka, and 15 beers. 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

@pwny that is the woman I was telling fourthree about. It's why trying to use 'current statistics' is futile. She went to one church service (that she normally wouldn't go to) and 2400 people got infected. Thats absurd 

Jesus, how friggin contagious is thing?

Edited by 49ersfan

So the people who are treating this like a joke and the panic is completely unfounded.... I’m losing patience

surrounded by them at work in a super conservative community, and it’s driving me up the wall. I’ve been seething most of the day.

i may just remove myself from the situation to prevent a major snap... 

like panic is not good, but the denial may be worse 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dome said:

So the people who are treating this like a joke and the panic is completely unfounded.... I’m losing patience

surrounded by them at work in a super conservative community, and it’s driving me up the wall. I’ve been seething most of the day.

I don't think this particular virus, contagious as it may be, is so bad as far as pandemics go. However, it is negligent to not take responsibility for containing it's spread.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I don't think this particular virus, contagious as it may be, is so bad as far as pandemics go. However, it is negligent to not take responsibility for containing it's spread.

Yep. It’s a conservative town that I work in... but some of these people are delusional... Some of them are still on the “hoax” campaign.

39 minutes ago, Dome said:

Denial is way worse.

What these goobers call “panic” (stocking a fridge and not being a social butterfly) is a small price to pay to keep the boomers and such alive.

Eh, maybe I’m reconsidering my position as I type....

33 minutes ago, Dome said:

I've had multiple people tell me today "I don't even know if the virus is real, the media is making things up" unbelievable 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

So, I asked my boss if my company was considering closing any stations, and the TLDR was: "Unless its the freakin' apocalypse, we are going to get packages out to the customers"  (I work for FedEx Ground) 

Similar situation here. I work at a place that builds ductless fume hoods for the medical industry... we are working tons of OT at the moment to help get PCR hoods to our customers so they can work with Covid-19 as CDC guidelines say they are required. Quite the boom in business as you would imagine.