Sign in to follow this  
Titans fan 617

Titans Place Franchise Tag on Derrick Henry

I wonder how Henry approaches this

Titans you would think would try and get a deal done 

If they don’t Henry has to hold out doesn’t he?

Henry is going to hold out like CJ did that year until he receives a new contact. 

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

If I was Henry I’d be pissed though. They pay Tannehill but slap a tag on Henry... ridic

A lot of players on Twitter share the same opinion 

Tannehill accepted a reasonable deal that will be outside of the top 10 at his position by the time the season starts. I’m sure a deal would already have been done if Henry’s asking price was affordable.

26 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Tannehill accepted a reasonable deal that will be outside of the top 10 at his position by the time the season starts. I’m sure a deal would already have been done if Henry’s asking price was affordable.

Yeah, I don’t love that they tagged him, but I have faith in Robinson would have got a deal done if Henry’s asking price wasn’t astronomical. 

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

It wasn't affordable. I guess it's ok to speak on now. Seeing it would be hard to pin on him now, but was told Henry's number was almost $20 million per. 

Don't shoot the messenger. Lol 

I said if y'all knew the number y'all would freak. 

I doubt he was asking for 20 mill that’s exaggerating I’m thinking on the guy part, 

18 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It wasn't affordable. I guess it's ok to speak on now. Seeing it would be hard to pin on him now, but was told Henry's number was almost $20 million per. 

20 mil? Lol. Never gonna happen

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I do feel bad for Henry getting tagged when Tannehill who was only with us half a season got a fat deal. However, that's the difference in value between a QB and RB.

I will say this, I love Derrick Henry and want him back but if 20 mill per season is what he wants he can be shown the door. Would never pay any RB that and Henry has never been a three down RB. No thanks if that is in fact what he wants.