JRPG

The Gnat

I have a X Box One and a PS4, and I was thinking with social distancing, what can I do to spend some time, I already have some board game plans, but I want suggestions for JRPG's for my wife and/or myself because both of us are quite interested in them.

Right now I've been looking at Persona 5.

(I have notifications on so no need to quote me)

• Like 1

On 3/17/2020 at 8:26 AM, The Gnat said:

I have a X Box One and a PS4, and I was thinking with social distancing, what can I do to spend some time, I already have some board game plans, but I want suggestions for JRPG's for my wife and/or myself because both of us are quite interested in them.

Right now I've been looking at Persona 5.

(I have notifications on so no need to quote me)

I've been playing SMT since like the mid 90's, even the original persona. #5 is actually what I'm playing through right now during isolation. Would always recommend that. They are darker than your traditional rpgs, which I love. IF you have access to some of the other ones (3DS, old ps2 games like Nocturne or Digital Devil Saga on the PSN ?) I'd recommend those as well. 

Any of the tales games would be reasonable options as well. They aren't great, but they aren't really bad. They just kind of are. Typically very similar to one another. Berseria took a different step, so that is nice, while Vesperia is probably the best you have available for the ps4. Zestiria is an okay game (just finished that), and it has some nice tie ins to Berseria. I'm not sure if TAles of Graces would be available on ps4. 

Star Ocean is almost always a super bloated jrpg, but some people really love them. I haven't loved one since the second, though the newest is still sitting on my shelf unplayed. 

Ni No Kuni is really pretty to look at. I haven't started the second one yet (still on my shelf), but the first one was mildly entertaining. 

• Like 1