Raiders sign DT Maliek Collins (1 year, $6 M, $5.75 gt'd)

RaidersAreOne

46 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If you're going to give up a ton of draft capital you trade up for Chase Young, an apparent stud player at an impact position.  I like Simmons a lot but our need for another LB after FA has diminished quite a bit.  We also don't have the Bears 2021 1st round pick

my bad

Let's just say that the Skins pass on Young for Tua (I think that would be insane but let's just say it happens and Young is available at 3), what would it take to trade up to 3 and land him.  According to the trade value chart 12, 19 and 80 (2265) would do it for #3 (2200).

Would that be worth it for 1 player?  As much as I would love Young who projects to be a stud at an impactful position DE, that would hamstring our depth and potentially still leave WR as an area of major need.  Thoughts? 

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Let's just say that the Skins pass on Young for Tua (I think that would be insane but let's just say it happens and Young is available at 3), what would it take to trade up to 3 and land him.  According to the trade value chart 12, 19 and 80 (2265) would do it for #3 (2200).

Would that be worth it for 1 player?  As much as I would love Young who projects to be a stud at an impactful position DE, that would hamstring our depth and potentially still leave WR as an area of major need.  Thoughts? 

Urg that's tough. I don't think I would honestly. Maybe those picks for #3 and Slay but I don't see them Lions doing that. I have more confidence in Crosby/Ferrell/Nassib than I do Williams/Renfrow/(?)/(?). We need to come out of the 1st with 1 WR imo.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I can see that. I need to see him in coverage. That was his knock coming out. And he plays reckless which could lead to a lot of injuries in his career.  

I'm worried about the injuries too.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Urg that's tough. I don't think I would honestly. Maybe those picks for #3 and Slay but I don't see them Lions doing that. I have more confidence in Crosby/Ferrell/Nassib than I do Williams/Renfrow/(?)/(?). We need to come out of the 1st with 1 WR imo.

While I agree about our WR situation (I have stated we have a bottom 3 trash WR corp many times :) ) the chance to land a potentially true stud DE will do wonders for this pass rush and Young could make this front 4 very scary.  

It's a tough call but from what I have read this is a very deep WR class and I have faith in Mayock to find that value later on.  If that deal is available I would strongly consider making that move.  

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I can’t see that as a possibility at all, I mean we had an all pro DE and traded him away for financial reasons but also presumably because we value having multiple good players rather than a star and some below average guys as has been said previously. To trade 3 or 4 picks for a guy that may or may not be as good as Mack would be a terrible PR move for Gruden but also hamstring us moving forward as you say. I’d much, much prefer bringing in a guy like Kinlaw to be the focal point of the D and build off what we have. I don’t see any player here that would be worth trading up for TBH.

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

While I agree about our WR situation (I have stated we have a bottom 3 trash WR corp many times :) ) the chance to land a potentially true stud DE will do wonders for this pass rush and Young could make this front 4 very scary.  

It's a tough call but from what I have read this is a very deep WR class and I have faith in Mayock to find that value later on.  If that deal is available I would strongly consider making that move.  

I also want to see Ferrell as a full-time DE now. None of this BS of pushing him inside like we did earlier in the year. Keep him at DE and hopefully we see more of what he was down the stretch which was a well-rounded, young DE. Max I think is a stud and we have no worries with him. Also Nassib is going to be a great #3 DE to keep them fresh with maybe a Key/mid rounder mixed in.

I agree the idea of Young is awesome but I just don't see Mayock doing a blockbuster trade up and losing multiple picks in the process.

• Like 1

I can’t see us trading away 2 1sts and getting Young when WR is such a massive need. It’s a nice dream but not feasible.  We also have too much invested into DE to add more given the other holes we have.  WR and CB are massive holes for us.

whats the point of bringing in Mariota to push Carr in his final make or break year when he has such a lack of talent at WR.  I like Renfrow but he doesn’t scare D’s, he’s a scrapper that takes what they allow.  Williams is a nice WR2 if paired with a WR1 that can make plays.  I can’t see us fixing the defense like we did to go into the season with an inept WR core that will stiffle the offense.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I can’t see us trading away 2 1sts and getting Young when WR is such a massive need. It’s a nice dream but not feasible.  We also have too much invested into DE to add more given the other holes we have.  WR and CB are massive holes for us.

whats the point of bringing in Mariota to push Carr in his final make or break year when he has such a lack of talent at WR.  I like Renfrow but he doesn’t scare D’s, he’s a scrapper that takes what they allow.  Williams is a nice WR2 if paired with a WR1 that can make plays.  I can’t see us fixing the defense like we did to go into the season with an inept WR core that will stiffle the offense.

I was thinking... If you trade both firsts and Carr to Cincinnati, do you think they give up #1?

23 minutes ago, Totty said:

I was thinking... If you trade both firsts and Carr to Cincinnati, do you think they give up #1?

No, I highly doubt they go for that....

honestky I think it takes 2 1sts in ‘20, ‘21 1st and 3rd, and ‘22 1st. I know that sounds nuts but you literally need to offer Cincy a deal they can’t say no to.  

Seeing we really only have holes at WR (2 holes), CB, and possibly safety..... 

if your dead set on replacing Carr I think the best way to do that is move some of this years draft capital to get an additional 1st and 2nd next year (yes that’s require literally trading away a 1st or more for nothing this year) and to a team that either will pick high next year or hope the team you trade to loses their QB early and is a surprise high pick in ‘21.  Then use those 2 1sts and change to move up for Fields from OSU.  Sadly there’s only 2 1st round QBs next year.  It’s highly unlikely I’m just saying if your deadset on drafting Carr’s replacement that’s what it’d take.  

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

0 chance Washington takes another QB. Haskins had a good final 2 games. I've gotta believe he'd wanna see his former OSU teammate on the other side of the ball. 

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

wish Chase Young was in last year draft class. would have Bosa or Young at 4.....

• Like 2