Raiders sign DT Maliek Collins (1 year, $6 M, $5.75 gt'd)

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Was reading elsewhere that we can clear up like $40 M next year moving on from Carr, Joyner and Gabe. That's a lot of cash to re-sign some of these guys who deserve raises (hopefully Collins is at that point).

Gabe would save 9.6

Joyner would save 8.7, 9.95 if deemed a 6/1 cut

Carr would save 19.625 but is more likely to be traded then cut 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I posted it long before FA started that if Rod is going to get any say on personnel that Maliek will be Raider. He led the Cowboys defense in snaps last year. When the best DL coach in the NFL is that high on you it tells me something. I would not be surprised to see a breakout season by collins with 8 sacks or so from the DT position. The Double A scheme will help him get to the QB. The fact that he can play the 3T in the base and the 1T in the nickel is key. His good tape reminds me of Geno Atkins although his good tape is not consistent. The contract was a perfect prove it deal for him. I hope we can resign him after he has a career year.

Edited by OG_C2X
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

our defense is going be so much better next year:

• added 6 new starters whe are all young or in their prime- Collins, Nassib, Littleton, Kwiatkoski, Randall, Abram(out all year)
  • development of Ferrell, Max, Mullen
  • plus whoever we add in the draft

I think this is an important distinction, these guys are relatively young and either in prime or just before their prime, so many seasons of signing past it vets on 1 year deals only to see the same scenario play out year after year with new past it vets replacing the old its great to be able to forsee years of production from these young guys...... and not vastly overpaying .......what a novelty this is going to be 😁😁

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Really hoping that Hurst can make a leap this year. He was one of our most disappointing players in 2019.

You really think so? He didn't get enough snaps. Had good pass rush productivity in terms of pressures per snap. Just didn't see the field enough...

• Like 2