The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Perfect position to draft NT Da’Rron Payne, Calvin Ridley, Darius Guice, Christian Wilkins or ILB/Dime LB Raqon Smith, Georgia

I’d take any of them 3 but I don’t think we’re going to be picking in the teens. Probably false hope but i feel a run coming

45 minutes ago, resign#8 said:

If perine keeps it up just go best defensive player in the first. Assuming we resign Kirk and brown I would love something like this.

1-roquan Smith LB

2-vita vea NT

3-Royce freeman RB

We have to find a LG. Unless Arie goes out there and plays great the rest of the way you have to get a stud guard. 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

We have to find a LG. Unless Arie goes out there and plays great the rest of the way you have to get a stud guard. 

LG can be found on the cheap in free agency and we can draft a mid round guy to develop imo, it’s cheaper than the other positions. Much more important to find a stud run stuffer , young athletic WILB and a running back who can compliment Perine. IMO that guy wouldn’t be Freeman. Freeman is the same size as Perine, we need a guy who’s a mix between our scat back - Thompson - and bruiser Perine. There are plenty of those guys who’ll be available in the mid rounds.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

LG can be found on the cheap in free agency and we can draft a mid round guy to develop imo, it’s cheaper than the other positions. Much more important to find a stud run stuffer , young athletic WILB and a running back who can compliment Perine. IMO that guy wouldn’t be Freeman. Freeman is the same size as Perine, we need a guy who’s a mix between our scat back - Thompson - and bruiser Perine. There are plenty of those guys who’ll be available in the mid rounds.

They have been doing that buy a FA guard thing for awhile now.I have seen hundreds of we need a guard threads.But we keep getting mediocre OGs in FA and it isnt working.Rookies have growing pains but bring in a stud and maybe they can pick up 1 stinking yard when they need it lol.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I'd like for one of our first three picks to be a nasty interior OL. Not in the first round but at least third. 

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

If Quenton Nelson falls to us like J. Allen did IMO you have to grab him. Number 1 guard in the draft would look great at LG. 

He and Da’ron Payne would be huge for this team. We need a physical player I’d prefer a stud DL but a guard could really make this offense second too none but I’d prefer DL because that could take the team over the top

11 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I’d take any of them 3 but I don’t think we’re going to be picking in the teens. Probably false hope but i feel a run coming

Could be, I’m cool either way given our youth and all the injuries which have derailed our season.

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

I’d be hard pressed if the value was high to not take a TE with our one of our top 3 picks. 

Based on what Walters has to say I'd be more inclined to a 4th rounder and nothing higher than the 3rd round. These players have their pluses and minuses so review them and tell me what you think. A couple have injuries so while they may return to 100% with Washington's history of injured TE's I'd shy away from them. Some are underclassmen so maybe they don't come out this year.

link: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018TE.php

7 hours ago, SeattleSkin said:

Based on what Walters has to say I'd be more inclined to a 4th rounder and nothing higher than the 3rd round. These players have their pluses and minuses so review them and tell me what you think. A couple have injuries so while they may return to 100% with Washington's history of injured TE's I'd shy away from them. Some are underclassmen so maybe they don't come out this year.

link: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018TE.php

I don’t see it. Sprinkle has flashed, we still have Reed & Davis and should bring back Paul because of his versatility to not only play TE but play HB, FB, WR if needed and he’s s core special teams player. Obviously don’t over pay to keep Paul, but a vet min deal or $1 m to keep him makes sense.

Also, I know this isn’t going to be a popular idea but if Long costs too much to retain as our option at LG, we should re-sign Lauvao in a cheap deal because he’s serviceable and he and Trent have good chemistry in the run game together. They also need to re-sign TY if he’s not too expensive. Ty struggled some in his first action since returning form core muscle surgery in September but we all know he can play LT/RT and probably be a serviceable or better guard if he got to work and practice there for an offseason. I’m still worried that some team will sign Ty on a short term/stop gap starter deal because he’s better then some LTs in the NFL and more than half of the starting RTs in the NFL. If we lose him, then we need to take a mid round C/OG and RT to develop.

Archived