1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

1a. Willis

1b. Wirfs

3. Lamb

4. Thomas

5. Jeudy

6. Ruggs

7. Becton

anything else just shoot me.  I will like Becton and I fully expect him to be the pick but if Lamb and Jeudy are there I'll be very upset.  Becton over Ruggs I wouldn't care, but I think Lamb and JJ are automatic stars.  Too much of a gamble on Becton and we can't afford to blow drafts anymore.

Not too far off from mine.

1a. Lamb

1b. Jeudy

3a. Wills

3b. Wirfs

5a. Ruggs

5b. Thomas

7. Becton

Anyone besides this, I will be pissed

7 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

IF we traded down with Atlanta and Becton was still there then OK that's better value but to gamble losing out on a top talent we would need a 2nd rounder in return. Not comfortable with that either.

The lower we would draft him and the more picks we can accumulate makes picking him not as bad. Still regardless think he's a risky pick.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I think Becton will be the pick tbh

As he should be, elite talent at a position of major need.  You pair him with any of those 11 WRs I listed and then back it up later in the draft with more WR and OL help we are in great shape.

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

As he should be, elite talent at a position of major need.  You pair him with any of those 11 WRs I listed and then back it up later in the draft with more WR and OL help we are in great shape.

Idk what Joe Douglas is thinking so I can only comment on what we hear

If Joe Douglas thinks that Becton doesn't love football, then that doesn't jive with the Joe Douglas mantra

If that's false or the Jets think that's false, I can definitely see Joe loving him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

Yeah iv really like Becton. Had him in my very first mock of the offseason several months ago. Way before he was a consensus 1st rounder. In my mock I had us trading down and getting him which would be pretty sweet.

As long as it’s one of the main 7 that we all know and love then I’m cool. Just got visions of us selecting Henderson or Brown though. 

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

If Joe Douglas thinks that Becton doesn't love football, then that doesn't jive with the Joe Douglas mantra

If that's false or the Jets think that's false, I can definitely see Joe loving him

Which is why I can see him going Lamb over OT.  JD has standards and I think he will take a stand his first draft and pick one of our 6 guys over Becton.

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Which is why I can see him going Lamb over OT.  JD has standards and I think he will take a stand his first draft and pick one of our 6 guys over Becton.

Let's just say that I would be absolutely shocked if an OT is on the board and we go Lamb

But man, having Lamb would be so awesome

5 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

But when you weigh in other things like....JJ and Lamb are elite and not a risk, you can still get OT in round 2, every year there are elite OT, we haven't seen WRs of this caliber since 2015, etc. it's not the smart move.

We need an elite talent.  Becton MAY end up being that.  But if those WRs are staring us in the face I think it's a bad pick to go Mecton.  If we were the Giants who have Super Bowls in their history then I'm going OL at all costs to protect a new QB no matter the risk.  But this is the Jets.  We cannot continue to make mistakes. 

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

I don't think Becton doesn't love football. I think he does in fact. The question is his maturity. A flagged drug test shows immaturity. That... I don't think JD is ok with. And has Becton done enough in his virtual; meetings and all with the Jets to convince JD "that's not who he is?" I don't know. I know the way this offseason has been with this virus... it makes it harder for him to convince JD that's not him.

Even if you don't like Lamb its hard to question that he's not a passionate player that plays with heart as much as any guy in this draft. He IMO has the personality that JD wants as a Jet. Its just that I do think JD wants an OT rather than a WR at 11.

• Like 1