2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

1 hour ago, Greene N White said:

I get it theres 2 sides to everything I see why people like him. Just for me personally there’s red flags and I prefer a “safe” pick like Thomas over the high upside guy in the current position our roster is in. If we were a consistent playoff team I’d be more down to take risks.

Maccagnan loved his "safe" pics.  THat's how we wound up with Leo and Jamal instead of QBs when we most needed them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dcat said:

that's a lot different from saying he is destined to be a "total bust" and he is "lazy", both of which are nonsense.  I don't want him at 11 either but I think he's likely to become a a really good, perhaps elite NFL tackle.  There's just more risk. 

Yes. I think its his maturity and ability to learn technique that makes him a risk. Not his work ethic.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Assuming all OT off the board

#11 to Eagles

#21 to Jets (Jefferson, Jackson/Jones)

3rd Round Pick (Jets)

CB Rasul Douglas (Jets)

What do you guys think?

I hate it. You're fired.

Pick a stud at 11.  One stud is a lot better than 2 2nd tier. The last timie we had an NFL top weapon at WR was.....  ?  1998?  Al Toon?  Wesley Walker?  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dcat said:

Maccagnan loved his "safe" pics.  THat's how we wound up with Leo and Jamal instead of QBs when we most needed them. 

Hindsight is 20/20 and the Jamal pick was excellent. I stand behind the Leonard pick as well he was a great prospect and what qb did you possibly want at that pick?

Just now, dcat said:

I hate it. You're fired.

Pick a stud at 11.  One stud is a lot better than 2 2nd tier. The last timie we had an NFL top weapon at WR was.....  ?  1998?  Al Toon?  Wesley Walker?  

Ever notice the only times this franchise has been good when we've had good WRs?

• Like 1

Just now, Greene N White said:

Hindsight is 20/20 and the Jamal pick was excellent. I stand behind the Leonard pick as well he was a great prospect and what qb did you possibly want at that pick?

Well I was screaming for Watson rather than a safety.. I don't care how good the safety is.  No comparison.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dcat said:

I hate it. You're fired.

Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker were pretty good

14 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Eagles fans think it’s 11 for 21 and Dillard. Throw in Douglas and I’d make that trade.

Dillard is as good a prospect as some of these OT we are talking about. He had a bad rookie year. But I think that’s a good trade. I’d rather have Dillard than Jackson and Cleveland. Top that off with pick 21. Seems good to me.

Dillard might have been the worst OL to step on the field last year.   He had the worst pressure rate and the worst rate of missed blocks in the league.   He could certainly improve, but he was good awful last year. 

Also this trade would be a travesty. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

what about the 2015 draft where we took Leonard? What QB Would you have taken?

haha  there were no QBs after picks 1 & 2.  I wanted a pass rusher... Beasley.  Neither he nor Leo turned out to be the studs they were projected to be.