2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

4 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

This is why I don’t mind spending our first two picks on OL. Fixing the OL helps Darnold and Bell. And by helping Bell’s running production, it indirectly helps Darnold also since we will have a balanced offense. It’s also the safer route since OL have a lower bust rate. 

I’ll be excited either way and don’t really have a preference. I’d personally draft Lamb but I have no issues if we go Becton and then grab an iOL with our early 3rd or second. 

On paper this is correct. Yes building the OL should and probably would help the run game. But as I said if we have no weapons for a defense to worry about... then that defense can stack the box and stop that run game. Are we confident that our WRs can even beat single coverage? Especially when we have the best CB division opponents arguably in the NFL?

4 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

How many 3 and outs?

And drafting Lamb/Jeudy will theoretically make Crowder and Perriman better.

According to Football Outsiders we had 54 3 and outs 

It depends if the 3 outs are a products of consistently being in 3rd and long.

Edited by KingOfTheDot

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

That sounds like a **** ton. Yes OL will help Bell and give Sam time but we don't have a go to guy to nail a 3rd and med/long.

If it’s 3rd and 3, 3rd and 4 I like Crowder/Herndon or even Bell out the backfield. Teams who can send all 5 guys are often more dangerous than those who max protect.

More targets, higher potential to convert. 

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

On paper this is correct. Yes building the OL should and probably would help the run game. But as I said if we have no weapons for a defense to worry about... then that defense can stack the box and stop that run game. Are we confident that our WRs can even beat single coverage? Especially when we have the best CB division opponents arguably in the NFL?

No to the outside receivers. I’m not confident in them. Yes to Crowder and Herndon over the middle though. We’d really need to trade for a second outside WR if we don’t go WR at 11. I don’t trust a 2nd or 3rd round WR to be productive year 1. Really outside of Jeudy and Lamb, it’s unreasonable to expect a these WRs to be meaningfully productive year 1.

Edited by SDotNova

19 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Bell, Crowder, Herndon, Griffin, Perriman is a really good 12 personnel set. They all compliment one another. 

The depth behind them receiver wise is solid, nothing special but solid gets the job done more times than not. 

That would mean Gase needs to be flexible. We could run our offense like SF. I think they run a lot of 2 TE sets. 

1. Wills
  2. Wirfs
  3. Thomas
  4. Lamb
  5. Becton
  6. Jeudy 
  7. Ruggs

I've soured on Becton since the flagged drug test (Had him #2) - How could you be so oblivious to your situation? It reeks of immaturity to me. If he's the pick I'll trust that Douglas has done his due diligence though. Say what you want about Jamal's antics, but his passion for the game and desire to be GREAT is exactly what I'd be looking for in all these guys.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Wilson doesn't have slow feet though. As quick as Becton's? No. But it's not like he's some big guy who just plays on his heels and wins generally. He has technique, experience, size and skill. I fully recognize he's not the prospect as the other 4 OTs. My statement is rather, why is he not a good 2nd round pick the way Shenault some view as a good 2nd round pick? In the reverse of the OT/WR debate to the WR/OT debate.

Shenault is right there with Lamb.  Only reason he's slipping is injury concerns.  He's equal to the top 3 guys.