2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

24 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I feel like Shenault will be this years Deebo Samuel. He's my Round 2 target at the moment.

I really like him to, reminds me a little of Enunwa but better. He's just a bulldozer with the ball in his hands. The injury bug scares me though, one would hope NFL level conditioning and medical teams could keep him healthier but I'm still a bit nervous, it's the reason I have Aiyuk rated higher. 

1 hour ago, Bianconero said:

Uhhhhhh, let's trade Quinnen

No muscle

How about for  Jacksonville’s pick 9? If Brown is gone, they might like Q more than Kinlaw. We’d jump Cleveland for an OT and probably have the choice of all WRs. Our DL would be Foley, Shepard, McLendon, Anderson and Phillips

• Like 1

Just now, Rich51 said:

How about for  Jacksonville’s pick 9? If Brown is gone, they might like Q more than Kinlaw. We’d jump Cleveland for an OT and probably have the choice of all WRs. Our DL would be Foley, Shepard, McLendon, Anderson and Phillips

I’d trade him for 9 in a heartbeat, but I can’t see Jax giving that up for him

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’d trade him for 9 in a heartbeat, but I can’t see Jax giving that up for him

I know it’s still too early to tell... but I’d trade him for 39 with the impact he had last season. Hopefully he gets better. The 3rd pick is going to be hard for him to live up to. Especially since we didn’t need a DLineman at all.

Think it’s going to come down to how much JD likes Andrew Thomas. Just a gut feeling that he’s the most likely to fall to 11. 

If he’s a scheme fit, he’s the pick.  If not WR or trade down if there’s a good offer. 

I have Thomas as my #3 OT behind Wirfs and Wills. I think he’s suffering from name fatigue, the guy who was ranked #1 most of the year until the post season all star games and combine. 

28 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

I said this a while back. QWill makes more sense for any team looking at Brown and Kinlaw. He's better and will cost them less.

Man I’m still pissed about the Q pick. I never again want to hear “he’s the best player in the draft”. Such an overrated idea.

We really should be drafting the guy who increases our win total the most. Scheme fit factors into it as well. Can’t have hodgepodge of players.

27 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I know it’s still too early to tell... but I’d trade him for 39 with the impact he had last season. Hopefully he gets better. The 3rd pick is going to be hard for him to live up to. Especially since we didn’t need a DLineman at all.

You need to log off for a little I think.  After 1 season dumping Q for 39 is what you want to do.  Jesus.  The draft can't come soon enough.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

You need to log off for a little I think.  After 1 season dumping Q for 39 is what you want to do.  Jesus.  The draft can't come soon enough.

Please don’t talk like that to me or any poster on here.

I said I know it’s too early to tell. But the fact still remains we don’t need him and could use talent elsewhere. Due to our long history of drafting that same position and it never going well. We have zero reason to think he will be different.

Obviously we all know we aren’t giving up on him yet. 

Also Please tell me how he was a better pick than Allen for us?!?!

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Yes and I was being rather sarcastic. While eluding to how I did not like picking him. And that he didn’t have a good rookie year

It was very underwhelming for 2 reasons. 

1. I knew we'd pick him if he was there unless Bosa somehow was there

2. Another interior D-Linemen after drafting(Wilk, Ellis, Q, Richardson, Snacks undrafted, Leo, Fatukasi, Shepherd, trading for Goose, signing McLendon and Simon)

Josh Allen transforms this defense if he's here. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Listen we get that you and @Rockice_8want a OT no matter what. There literally could be a Julio Jones clone and you guys would say we should go OT. Which is ok. But you guys are talking like there’s a debate. It’s not a player you guys are even advocating for. It’s a position. Which to me isn’t evaluating draft class. It’s evaluating a position. Maybe I missed it but please give me a breakdown of how you rank these OTs and WRs at the top 1/2 of the draft. Are any WRs higher than any of the 4 OTs? 

Honestly, I wouldn't be THAT upset with a WR because it's easy to get behind adding an explosive playmaker - I just don't believe it's the smart way to build a team. The value of adding an OT IMO is far greater even if it's not as much "fun". I think Edoga/Fant have the potential to ruin this offense. I certainly don't love Perriman/Crowder/? but I don't see the negative consequences of that group being nearly as dramatic, especially when you factor in Bell/Herndon and the depth of this draft class. Simple as that.

Admittedly, I'm no expert OL scout - I read a substantial amount from the sources I trust. I could sit here and regurgitate what I've read as my own, but what's the point? Enough people do that already. I'm comfortable concluding from what I've read and the tape I've watched that Wills, Becton, Wirfs and Thomas (EDIT: In that order for me) are all blue chip elite prospects that warrant our selection. I'll save some time on the breakdown for reasons stated above - I wouldn't favor OT if I didn't believe the talent matched or exceeded that of the top WRs. 

My WR rankings: 

1) CeeDee Lamb -  Pros: Fluid/explosive athlete, dangerous YAC ability, strong hands and natural technique catching the ball. Cons: Needs to be a more definitive route runner

What separates Lamb from Jeudy//Ruggs IMO is his ability to win 50/50 contested catches - Specifically, he attacks the ball better than the other two (Not just talking jump balls). He can beat you with finesse underneath or bail a quarterback out deep. Great hands and obviously deadly after the catch. Elite body control tracking the football. Not worried about his speed. More than willing and able as a blocker. Prototypical #1 potential. Comparison: Devante Adams.

2) Jerry Jeudy - Pros: Route running, foot and top end speed. Cons: Drops + Body Catcher, Physicality

The safest of the three IMO. He's obviously an elite route runner - Will be among the leagues most talented from day one. For that reason, I think you can feel good about his floor and instant production as a high volume receiver. His drops/lack of concentration are a legitimate concern as is his physicality. He's such an incredible route runner that he sometimes relies too heavily on separation and lacks physicality at the top of his routes. Top end speed to keep a defense honest + position versatility. Comparison: Amari Cooper.

3) Henry Ruggs - Pros: Speed, acceleration, body control. Cons: Size, catching radius, physicality (Although impressive for his size)

Good but not great hands. Like Jeudy, he has a tendency to catch the ball with his body when he doesn't have too. Obviously a home run threat every time he touches the ball and far more polished than speed guys of recent memory (John Ross, etc.) Favorite part about Ruggs is his toughness and competitive mentality - Just a really scrappy player and it shows up on tape. Can play either Z/Y but not X - Not a knock against him but worth mentioning for those looking for your stereotypical #1 (Whatever that's worth). Comparison: Tyreek hill

Again, I actually really like all three of these guys, no Julio's or Calvin Johnson's but All-pro potential. I'd have them a shade under OBJ/Evans/Watkins collectively for perspective. Thing is, I view the top end talent to be the same at OT and value OT far more than WR. This is a HISTORIC WR class because of depth not top end talent - We should feel confident in our chances of landing a difference maker outside of our first selection. I'm a firm believer that the smartest/fastest way to compete AND help Darnold is through improving the offensive. So while I'd love to add one of Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs I can't justify the philosophy behind it while we're still so weak up front.

Just my two cents .. Nothing personal. Appreciate your opinion/perspective and the discussion. 

Edited by NJC33
  • Like 1