2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

10 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Some teams are willing to trade up, heard the Falcons may be a trade partner and want to grab a defensive player. If they trade up to us and we can get like a 3rd and 4th, that would be cool. There are a lot of players in round 3-4 I like. 

I think WR needy teams will look to move up. There’s a pretty big drop off from Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs to Mims, Higgins, Reagor. Jefferson is that between guy.

1 minute ago, KodiakThunder said:

Yea but Atl is in "no-mans land" when it comes to picks. At #16 the top OT's are gone and the top 3 wr's are prob gone... I wouldnt move out of that 1st tier unless i was getting a 2nd back. A 3rd is nice but I'd take quality over quantity there. 

Indeed

2 hours ago, KodiakThunder said:

I had a dream last night than the Jets drafted Cleveland at #11. 

The more I think about it, the more I think it actually happens. 

I dunno why, I just get the feeling that Cleveland is THEIR guy and rather than play games and move down to get more value, they take him at #11 to make sure they get him. 

In my dream Becton, Jeudy and Wirfs were still on the board. 

I can't believe that you had not met Freddy Krueger.

Do people think that failed drug test will actually hurt Becton at all in the draft? He was already my least favorite if the top 4 OTs... so this only solidified that for me. But some don’t seem to care bc now it’s not even a slap on the wrist under the new cba. I am well aware also that im sure the Jets really like Becton and that’s a very likely guy we will draft

57 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Do people think that failed drug test will actually hurt Becton at all in the draft? He was already my least favorite if the top 4 OTs... so this only solidified that for me. But some don’t seem to care bc now it’s not even a slap on the wrist under the new cba. I am well aware also that im sure the Jets really like Becton and that’s a very likely guy we will draft

I hope it doesnt because I would rather Thomas fall than Becton. Becton has way too many red flags. Regardless of new CBA it just shows a lack of discipline and focus. If Becton is the last OT on the board I would rather take a WR personally.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I hope it doesnt because I would rather Thomas fall than Becton. Becton has way too many red flags. Regardless of new CBA it just shows a lack of discipline and focus. If Becton is the last OT on the board I would rather take a WR personally.

I think the dumbest thing you can do is draft a guy that has red flags in the top 15. Theres just too much talent to risk it. So many issues can happen on the field as it is. 

• Like 2

Becton is my # 4 OT as well. We’re trying to build a foundation for this team going forward and all reports are this guy might need a year to tighten up his technique to reach his potential. 
Got to assume there’s a very limited off season program this year. Just afraid Becton will not be able to hit the ground running and god forbid if the seasons delayed he balloons up to 380. 

Sam is going into year three and if we don’t draft a receiver in the 1st to help him, the OT we pick needs to be plug and play. In my opinion that’s Thomas ( who I think is also the most likely to be there at 11). Not as high a ceiling but rock solid. The failed drug test red flag just adds to the risk with Becton. 

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I never got the sense we would go that way anyways, I have a feeling JD is going to put an emphasis on character (think team captains and stuff like that). Why I think Thomas or Wills are the guys we are really hot for.

5 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Once again I think this draft comes down to Gettleman again.  If he passes on an OT we have a good shot to land one.  Hope he takes Simmons.

It’s crazy how he’s been in the spot light the last few drafts. We all know he’s taking Simmons. 

5 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Once again I think this draft comes down to Gettleman again.  If he passes on an OT we have a good shot to land one.  Hope he takes Simmons.

It is scaring me a bit. NYG and LAC going OT would hurt us. AZ, CLE are probably both going OT barring something unforeseen. 

This draft is so odd at OT that it makes who we think we will get very difficult. There’s no clear board at OT. I have to re-evaluate who I think will be there for us at 11 after thinking we might not be as high in Becton as I thought (can’t see JDs 1st draft pick that risky in a limited offseason and a failed drug test).