2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Seriously we need elite talent.  We never have it!  We always take DL and safe picks, aside for Jamal and hopefully Sam we haven't drafted anyone elite in a long time.  Lamb or Jeudy for me.

Yup,  itll be fun watching sam throw to Lamb. 

Honestly I want ceedee Lamb over everyone in this draft, I am confident hes gonna be a star. Draft him if hes there pleaseeeeee.

There are solid ots that will be available in round 2 or 3, but I am confident lamb is gonna be a star wr. He'll help darnold the most, hes sure handed,  makes contested catches and will make big plays. He wants to be great and has that fiery attitude of a football player.

You want to see sam make a jump, get him a #1 wr. 

• Like 2

Just now, NYJets4716 said:

Yup,  itll be fun watching sam throw to Lamb. 

Honestly I want ceedee Lamb over everyone in this draft, I am confident hes gonna be a star. Draft him if hes there pleaseeeeee.

There are solid ots that will be available in round 2 or 3, but I am confident lamb is gonna be a star wr. He'll help darnold the most, hes sure handed,  makes contested catches and will make big plays. He wants to be great and has that fiery attitude of a football player.

You want to see sam make a jump, get him a #1 wr. 

^Amen Jets brother.  They let Robby go for a reason.  Right now we got our slot WR and that's it.  I think it's a lot more likely JD goes WR merely because of the firm limit he had for Robby.  I don't really think they even wanted Robby to be truthful.  This all screams 2 WRs in this draft including one at 11.  

12 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Rumor is that Kyler Murray is campaigning for Arizona to take Lamb at #9. 

Also, rotoworld was reporting that the Dolphins arent grabbing a QB at #5 and will most likely select Andrew Thomas. 

Nuke and Lamb?  That just happened in the Last Chance Mock.  Everyone but the AZ GM thinks it's crazy.   Sorry if you're on mobile, because this won't look right, but AZ taking Lamb screwed up Denver's draft.  Moved up to jump the Raiders taking Ruggs (and/or the Jets just in case).  Denver wants Ruggs or Lamb and doesn't want it's arch enemy to have Ruggs if possible.

7 1500 Carolina Panthers WNCRavensFan Javon Kinlaw South Carolina IDL
8 1400 Arizona Cardinals Shorttynaz CeeDee Lamb Oklahoma WR
9 1350 Jacksonville Jaguars Darin3 Jerry Jeudy Alabama WR
10 1300 Denver Broncos Dcat Henry Ruggs III Alabama WR
11 1250 NY Jets Jets NJWolverine2 Jedrick Wills Alabama OT
12 1200 Las Vegas Raiders HeyMangold C.J. Henderson Florida CB
13 1150 San Francisco 49ers jcrell623 Tristan Wirfs Iowa OT
14 1100 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Dcat Andrew Thomas Georgia OT
15 1050 Jacksonville Jaguars Darin3 A.J. Terrell Clemson CB

Edited by dcat

It will also be a determination on how confident the Jets are on Edoga, because Fant was signed to start at LT.  Edoga has the talent to be a quality starter, but obviously has work to do. A lot of rookie OTs struggle badly so IMO I would go grab  Ceedee Lamb or Jeudy round 1, then round 2 look at guys who fit scheme.

Douglas is apparently going to be more scheme oriented drafter than we have seen with Maccagnan.  

There are lots of athletic linemen who would fit our zone scheme, I don't see Wills or Wirfs falling to 11 and Thomas probably won't either.  But there are some intriguing guys we may get in round 2 or 3. But round 2 might be a sweet spot for a EDGE rusher as well, so keep that in mind as that is a big need as well. Julian Okwara and Darrell Taylor both have that get off and bend to be effective pass rushers, something our team does not have. The closest one on our roster is Besham. 

Ben Bartch, Matt Peart, Prince Tega are some OTs with athletic ability that would interest me after round 1.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

What I don’t want is the constant trading back in the middle rounds to collect extra 6th and 7th rounders. That was what infuriated the hell out of me about Macc. Just pick the damn best player in the biggest area of need!!! Quality over quantity. 

Agreed.  As fans, we always feel more is better.  Frankly, I don't give a rat's arse how deep the WR class is.  I want Lamb.  And I want another WR (now that Robby is gone) and because it's such a deep class, the other one can come a lot later.  That it is such a deep class plays to our advantage even when we pick Lamb at 11 because we can really wait on the 2nd one.  And there will be two, rest assured. 

Edited by dcat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

You weren’t giving him dodgy supplements were you!!?! Getting him to fall to our second round pick!! 

No I only use pharmaceutical grade! If you ever seen James Harrison's routine his trainer also has a degree in biochemistry and he makes personalized supplements for his NFL players.  I may be going there for a 2-day speed camp.  He's going to teach how he makes his NFL guys faster. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dcat said:

I used to feel the exact same way.  For me it has morphed into one elite + one top tier >>>>>>> waaay better then >>>>>> one elite + two 2nd tier.  But either way is fine actually so long as we do not give up that #11.  We MUST come out of this draft with one elite talent.  Trading back pretty much closes out that option.

I feel you. That would be great to trade back up but it would have to be for someone they loved that was sliding. Otherwise, take more players and spread the talent around the team more. 

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I think CeeDee is the best WR to come out in a while and the best fit for us. Guys like him don't grow on trees yet every year there's a similar crop of OTs. There will always be OTs every draft no matter what.  We don't always have a Lamb or Jeudy at WR (safe bet AND potential to be elite) so that's another reason why I think we have to go WR. 

Maybe I wasn't familiar with Corey Davis, Mike Williams and that class but the best prospect out of the past few years was Amari Cooper and even though I was in love with him I don't think he's Jeudy or Lamb. That's 5 years ago! 

I agree with this. I loved some other WRs in the past that have turned out good (Amari Cooper rings a bell most recently) that I've put a very high draft grade on. Some other guys I've wanted but I havent had in the class of that of Lamb and Jeudy. As dcat has said... JD is supposed to be an OL guru. So he shouldn't need a top 11 pick to get a good OLineman. He clearly has a plan on the OL. And if FA told us anything it's that he might not want the "PFF great guys" that he has a system and thinks guys will fit that. So for me that "should" mean that we might value a skill set that other teams might not. Therefore an OT that fits our system good might be there in Round 2 bc he doesnt fit most teams blocking scheme.

1 hour ago, KodiakThunder said:

Rumor is that Kyler Murray is campaigning for Arizona to take Lamb at #9. 

Also, rotoworld was reporting that the Dolphins arent grabbing a QB at #5 and will most likely select Andrew Thomas. 

Honestly I cant see that happening. They have Hopkins, Fitz, Kirk, Isabella and Butler. It'd be a HUGE wasted pick for them. It has to be a smoke screen. It would be the equivalent to us drafting another DLineman. And we're the only franchise to be dumb enough to do that repeatedly. 

48 minutes ago, dcat said:

Using the "we can wait on WR  because it's such a deep WR class" is just so Jetsy!  

Downright Idzikian-Jetsy!

Sam-to-Lamb

With all the talk about how all 4 OT will be gone by 11, imagine if all three WRs are gone. Haha. I’ll be laughing in pain. These WRs fit our team and nobody will blink if they are elected in the top 10.