Mike Maccagnan Thread

Jetfan66

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Who in the actual **** is going to take that contract. WIsh we could.

According to overthecap, new team only worries about 8m for 2019 and 11m injury guarantee for 2020.  Jets have to shallow a whopping 16m dead cap.  Not bad for new team.

4 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Trumaine Johnson's situation is getting bad.  Damn.  He is susceptible to not handling NY market well.  Trade him out of NY may benefit him. umm.  If so, it could be added to MM's failing list. lol.

Devils Advocate;

Came from playoff team.

Dealt with injuries.

Frustration from a losing season.

Owned up to his poor play. 

I think he’ll be better next year. I want to see him in a zone based scheme with his size and physicality I think it’s a better fit. 

Lets take a look at all the WR's Macc has drafted since he has been GM

Ardarious Stewart

Chris hansen

Charone Peake

Devin Smith

What makes anybody think it is going to be any different when he picks in the third round in 2019, unless he just gives his third round pick away for nothing like he did before. We are in dire need for that third WR to go alone with R Anderson & Enunwa. Our only chance of getting a impact player is to get back in the second round of the draft. If we wait till the third round to pick a WR they will all be off the board by then

The truth of the matter is that Big Mac is terrible. He passed on Mahomes, passed on Watson, passed on Prescott, had his best picks fall to him in Adams, and Williams. His drafts have been terrible and his FA signings have backfired. After 4 years of draft choices more than half are not on the team. Big Mac should have been fired with the coach. If anything his position on the Jets should be hot as on fire. Not to mention his 72 million spent on a CB who is average at best and has issues with discipline. OHHHHH But wait, he did draft Darnold (HURRAAHHHH), but passed on so many others, yes he draft Darnold who fell to us at the 3rd pick in the draft and gave up 3 number 2 draft choices (as though the Jets had that luxury to waste draft choices). McCagnan needs to be held accountable because part of Bowels failure is not having the talent to compete. Going forward, the Jets need OL help, needs a pass rusher, need WR's, and instead of signing FA running backs passed on RB's who are stars on other teams. He should have been fired along with Bowels, who was a failure as a coach in N.Y., but the record is a reflection of the GM and Coach, not the coach alone.

9 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Devils Advocate;

Came from playoff team.

Dealt with injuries.

Frustration from a losing season.

Owned up to his poor play. 

I think he’ll be better next year. I want to see him in a zone based scheme with his size and physicality I think it’s a better fit. 

Wasn't he like one of the best press CB's the prior to us signing him?  Why go zone let him use his size and strength at the line.  I think he played off a lot this year actually.

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Ardarious Stewart

Chris hansen

Charone Peake

Devin Smith

What makes anybody think it is going to be any different when he picks in the third round in 2019, unless he just gives his third round pick away for nothing like he did before. We are in dire need for that third WR to go alone with R Anderson & Enunwa. Our only chance of getting a impact player is to get back in the second round of the draft. If we wait till the third round to pick a WR they will all be off the board by then

I actually think there will be quite a few good ones on the board in round 3.  This class is so deep.  As for Mac actually taking the right one or going the obscure route like Hansen and Stewart that's another story.  There will be good ones on the board just have to hope Mac doesn't try and outsmart himself.

10 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Wasn't he like one of the best press CB's the prior to us signing him?  Why go zone let him use his size and strength at the line.  I think he played off a lot this year actually.

He was the #1 press corner. Playing more zone will avoid him chasing Wideouts across the field. I think he's lost laterally to be honest and he was never a speed demon to begin with.

On 12/31/2018 at 6:33 AM, doumeyer said:

Ardarious Stewart

Chris hansen

Charone Peake

Devin Smith

People seem to forget that Macc was the one who stumped for DeAndre Hopkins when he was with Houston. 

15 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

People seem to forget that Macc was the one who stumped for DeAndre Hopkins when he was with Houston. 

What has he done in the four years he has been GM of the Jets  to draft offensive players, the answer is simple NOTHING.

16 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Also DeVier Posey in 3rd, Keshawn Martin 4th and Alan Bonner in 6th. IMO we blew it by not taking Hopkins with one our our 1st. I think the reason Hopkins fell was because of rumors that he ransacked his room at the combine

20 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

This point would be valid if Macc was here for a season or 2. But he's had 4 drafts (3 times with very high picks) and 4 Free Agencies (2 in which he had 100+mill in cap space) and we have very little to show from this. ESPECIALLY ON OFFENSE!!!

Archived