Steelers sign TE Eric Ebron (2 years, $12 M)

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

Well he's one hell of a redzone target.  That's about the only compliment I'm willing to give him.

He had one good season with Andrew Luck as his QB. I love Stafford and he probably put a little too much heat on things for Ebron in the RZ. Ebron has been consistent at what he does - he'll get you 600 - 700 yards and 5 or 6 TD's while dropping the ball at key times. 2018 was an outlier. 

42 minutes ago, MortexLion said:

Haha well he'll just fade away like he did in Detroit and Indy 

ehhhh I mean his second year in indy would have gone differently with andrew luck at QB. 

Hes going to do well with Ben in the RZ imo

• Like 1

Just now, N4L said:

ehhhh I mean his second year in indy would have gone differently with andrew luck at QB. 

Hes going to do well with Ben in the RZ imo

That's the thing with Ebron. It's an optical illusion. He's going to make you convince yourself that "if only ___, he'd be better". It's not happening. He'll have flashes to give you some false hope and then just when you need him most, he will drop the literal and proverbial ball. 

• Like 3

Steelers arent counting on him to be amazing...we just need something better than last year, which he is, easily.

When we signed Vance, everyone talked about his hands sucking.  Admittedly, they aren't great, but Vance has been an asset, when healthy. 

Bottom line, this isnt meant to be some all world signing.  Its an absolute upgrade to our TE corp in a year where TEs arent a strength in a draft we are missing our 1st round pick.

Ill absolutely criticize a bad signing we make.  This is solid, at worst.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

"Overall, Travis Kelce, Jared Cook, Dawson Knox, Mark Andrews and Zach Ertz join Ebron as the only TEs with double-digit drops over the past two seasons."

Drops happen. Ebron is young and talented.

Including Kelce and Andrews (perhaps others?) is a joke because they had way more touches. 

Ebron is athletic but does have hands of stone. But Steelers did need TE help.

10 minutes ago, bomont said:

Including Kelce and Andrews (perhaps others?) is a joke because they had way more touches. 

Ebron is athletic but does have hands of stone. But Steelers did need TE help.

Yeah, this was pointed out. It's not not true - those are the names with double-digit drops - but the target discrepancy is sizable.