Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

13 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

One thing I'm really enjoying right now is no data limits on my ATT plan... Really not looking forward to them ending that when things get back to normal.

Verizon is offering more data too right now.  Though we're basically not using any because we're at home all the time.  So it's really been useless for me.

1 minute ago, smetana34 said:

Longer video but interesting none the less. Unfortunately its tough to trust what anyone says, regardless of what side they're on

Is this the conspiracy theory video my wife was telling about?  About how Fauci developed the virus in conjunction with China?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mission27 said:

That's been a pretty common theory for a while but now someone has found the mechanism they believe is causing hire transmission

A lot of experts have pushed back on this study though and do not believe its conclusive tbh

The chatter wrt different strains was/is about lethality. The new debate is about a new strain being more easily transmitted.

43 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

Longer video but interesting none the less. Unfortunately its tough to trust what anyone says, regardless of what side they're on

A bit of advice. Don't trust absurd conspiracy theory videos like this one.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Is this the conspiracy theory video my wife was telling about?  About how Fauci developed the virus in conjunction with China?

Yes, and how Faucii/government is giving false information to weaken immune systems

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

A bit of advice. Don't trust absurd conspiracy theory videos like this one.

Oh I definitely don't. But i also don't trust everything coming from our media or government either. 

8 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

Oh I definitely don't. But i also don't trust everything coming from our media or government either. 

This long article breaks it down well. Fauci isn't being malicious or has an ulterior motive like that video suggests. It's a novel virus. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/04/pandemic-confusing-uncertainty/610819/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theJ said:

Thanks, now i don't need to watch it.

My cousin in law just posted the same video on social media. She's a sweet girl so I am trying to think of the best way to tell her that it's a conspiracy theory without coming off like a jerk. But same premise of can't trust anyone.

9 minutes ago, Xenos said:

My cousin in law just posted the same video on social media. She's a sweet girl so I am trying to think of the best way to tell her that it's a conspiracy theory without coming off like a jerk. But same premise of can't trust anyone.

People will see and hear what they want to see and hear from stuff like his.  You're probably better off just leaving it alone.

6 hours ago, Dome said:

Unfortunately no.... there is CCTV from our front end cameras but it was really uneventful.

It was him being told he can’t use his reusable bags then him trying to anyways. This was after he’s been seen getting  way to close to people, touching products he wasnt buying and constantly clearing his throat with his hand to his mouth

When my manager told him that she doesn’t want to take any germs home to her husband who is fighting cancer he said sorry and moved about 5 feet away.

Once 5 feet away he began shaking his reusable bags clean, with all the crumbs and dirt and who knows what falling onto the floor.

At that point my manager pointed to the door and told him “get your nasty bags out of here” lmfao

he apologized again and left 

This is at a grocery store?

wtf

• Like 2

its very unlikely that a person only believes in one conspiracy theory. it's a mindset some people have that makes the succeptible to it. videos like that one get massive circulation despite being completely bogus. it's really disheartening tbh

it's also ironic. people thought the information gateway that is the internet would lead to a reduction of misinformed/uninformed people, but instead has helped create communities where people who were previously isolated moonbats now cain join forums or online communities where they can share bogus literature and reaffirm their beliefs in an echo chamber

• Like 3