Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

26 minutes ago, mission27 said:

What makes this particularly rich @ramssuperbowl99 is that the one area where we supposedly have a 'conflict of interest' is my investment in Gilead, which:

a. you have also touted many times in this very thread including in response to people who have said they are or might invest in it

b. has never been mentioned in a single MoL post to my knowledge, not one time, ever

c. is a 'conflict of interest' that I have widely disclosed and make no secret about

d. isn't really a 'conflict of interest' because the audience on here has about a millionth of the financial firepower needed to move that stock and I have never suggested anyone invest in anything 

So its just a completely ridiculous line of attack, but you guys are virtue signaling to an audience of yourselves so I guess none of that matters to you

Is he making something that appears to be research and posting it nightly? 

And while you think uou may be transparent you prob have 150 of the pages in here and what you dont realize is that to others most of it gets lost even if you remember everything you said.  People pick and choose **** that you say- could be the joke #seasonality#smug **** or it could be the nuanced stuff

17 minutes ago, mission27 said:

I think it has more to do with the fact that he's posting in an incredibly emotional and hyperbolic way about something most people don't have a strong opinion on which makes him look kind of silly and its hard for people to take him seriously.

And I got sucked into it because while I don't think an Alex Jones comparison is fair, some of his criticisms are. So watching him respond - not including the tone - and then watching people lazily ask questions they don't read the answers to and then respond "bUt ItS a FoOtBaLl wEbSiTe" as he explains himself over and over again makes me annoyed on his behalf.

• Like 1

My issue is the whole crux of his argument revolves around our power and people listening to our advice when we have never offered any sort of medical advice other than to follow the current guidelines and recommendations of the proper authorities. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TLO said:

My issue is the whole crux of his argument revolves around our power and people listening to our advice when we have never offered any sort of medical advice other than to follow the current guidelines and recommendations of the proper authorities. 

And my issue is that you dont need to say anything.  A wink wink, or even a misremembering by one of your fans or a twisting of your words.  Or them just reacting to one of your joke posts.  Yall can launder whatever the f u want thru the fact that people do trust you.  

18 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Is he making something that appears to be research and posting it nightly? 

How does our “research” as you like to refer to it have anything to do with the supposed conflict of interest?  Like in what universe would posting a trailing average of corona cases make Gilead stock go up?

10 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Ok- heres a couple- how about the time that rams said it wasnt a model

I think most of the time I've probably been more annoyed with how it's been described second-hand. Like I saw one this morning that was something like "mission is just calculating statistical trends" or something like that, when in reality they're posting a picture of a series of scores with less transparency than a Russian Olympic judge that has as much COVID-19 data in it as an actual picture of Taylor Swift. Then one question later the response is "but it's just a football website".

And every 100 pages we have this conversation where people say "no we aren't taking this seriously", followed by 90 pages of the same people taking it seriously. So now we're here again, it's groundhog day, I'm bored and I have e-mails to attend to. See you all in 100 pages.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mission27 said:

How does our “research” as you like to refer to it have anything to do with the supposed conflict of interest?  Like in what universe would posting a trailing average of corona cases make Gilead stock go up?

I dont care about the price of gilead.  I dont care if youre moving markets.  I care that people trust you and may invest in gilead on behalf of you and all thats come out about remdesivir is that it reduces time in the hospital by 4 days but you say with a wink wink that you think later studies will show better results which may or may not be true.  The point is you dont have insider info.  But it sure sounds like you do unless you know its a shtick

Edited by mistakey

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

I dont care about the price of gilead.  I dont care if youre moving markets.  I care that people trust you and may invest in gilead on behalf of you and all thats come out about remdesivir is that it reduces time in the hospital by 4 days but you say with a wink wink that you think later studies will show better results which may or may not be true.  

How does that have ANYTHING to do with the MoLs?  Link me to the MoL score posts we're we hype up Gilead and remdesivir.  I'll wait.

mission, TLO, and several others including rams pointed out early on that remdesivir seemed to be the most promising therapeutic for a number of reasons and that has turned out to be pretty prescient.  How can you spin that as us somehow giving dangerous investment advice? 

Just now, mission27 said:

How does that have ANYTHING to do with the MoLs?  Link me to the MoL score posts we're we hype up Gilead and remdesivir.  I'll wait.

mission, TLO, and several others including rams pointed out early on that remdesivir seemed to be the most promising therapeutic for a number of reasons and that has turned out to be pretty prescient.  How can you spin that as us somehow giving dangerous investment advice? 

Bro if you cant see the that your overall reputation in this thread impacts more than one thing i cant help you

Just now, mistakey said:

Bro if you cant see the that your overall reputation in this thread impacts more than one thing i cant help you

I dunno, i think that's grasping at straws.  I get your complaint about their daily scores, but this i don't understand.

The stocks thread is way more dangerous in that regard.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, theJ said:

I dunno, i think that's grasping at straws.  I get your complaint about their daily scores, but this i don't understand.

The stocks thread is way more dangerous in that regard.

Its literally the same person having the same convo in both of them based off a joke shtick