Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Some folks were selling it on my community facebook page a couple weeks ago.  

I have plenty of room in the guest bathroom closet for what I have.  My mother found out about Sams Club online and continued to have cases shipped to here when it was available.  We split a half case early on, and she got me another one.  So I probably have TP for the calendar year, it's just something I won't have to buy. 

Having 6 months or a years worth is fine, prudent even, Im talking about these simpletons.

Toilet-Paper-2.jpg?w=1200&h=0&zc=1&s=0&a

I hope that stooge gets shamed by everyone he knows for being a general idiot.

• Like 3

I imagine being the CFO of a toilet paper company must be a little hard at the moment.  Huge inrush of business, but now you have to predict a big downswing as people work through their personal inventory and don't buy more for a long time.

It was the best of times, and it was the worst of times.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, fraziafraze07 said:

Why did North Carolina's MoL spike to 10+ the past two days?

NC booked a large number of recoveries all at once on May 11th (active cases dropped from 14k to 5k) and has also reported its largest case days over the past few days (imo driven by testing, positive % remains pretty low).  Wouldnt be terribly worried about it.  I think it'll wash out over the next couple weeks.

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

Phew

I invested it all in summer dresses instead 'cos #seasonality

But for real, as people have said, I doubt anyone is taking medical or modelling posted as anything other than content for this thread and something to discuss.

It's clear to me it's posted in satire, but I have no doubt the modelling behind is something MoL are proud of.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Blahstoise said:

I invested it all in summer dresses instead 'cos #seasonality

But for real, as people have said, I doubt anyone is taking medical or modelling posted as anything other than content for this thread and something to discuss.

It's clear to me it's posted in satire, but I have no doubt the modelling behind is something MoL are proud of.

But yet, someone already has

7 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Then you have to question that individual as well, why are they getting their main source of information from a Football Forum about an infectious disease? Especially when it involves Taylor Swift lyrics.

I can understand the point you are making, and if this was a medical discussion forum or a health forum I'd probably agree somewhat, but they've never admitted to being experts, they jovially promote articles that support their theories and you have every right to bring things that contradict them - but I don't agree that they shouldn't be allowed to post their modelling for pure context and discussion rather than scientific fact.

• Like 1

In good news though, Europe is beginning to open up, but unfortunately our country has a moronic leader who bumbles his way through press conferences then disappears for weeks on end.

We'll have the worst death toll in Europe, and probably the worst excess mortality on the planet.

15 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Let's be clear.  That person said they thought it was a legit thing and shared it on another website.  When someone on that site started asking questions, it became clear to them that they didn't fully understand what the MoL rankings were.  They never once said they used it for medical advice.

I think it's important to go back to where we started on this, because it seems like this is being misconstrued.  

This was the quote.

I am happy to admit that I thought the information from the MOL stuff was 'legit'.

• Like 1

bro they literally in their shtick claim to be experts on everything #smug #smug

People ask them questions and They answer them as if they know the answers

and no im not gonna question the people who believe them.  Thats literally victim blaming especially when those in on the joke know better.  I find it reprehensible tbh

1 minute ago, theJ said:

Let's be clear.  That person said they thought it was a legit thing and shared it on another website.  When someone on that site started asking questions, it became clear to them that they didn't fully understand what the MoL rankings were.  They never once said they used it for medical advice.

I think it's important to go back to where we started on this, because it seems like this is being misconstrued.  

This was the quote.

Ok so 2 people thought it was legit, thanks for reminding me