Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

I was going to chill with my buddy last night,  but he bailed. Later in the night my wife comes down stairs and shows me a video from his wife's snap chat; they were at a party with 15 (ish) people compact in a small area with no masks on getting hammered. Wont be chilling with until this is all over, unfortunately. Anyone deal with a similar situation? Having to stop hanging out with people who are risky?

14 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

I was going to chill with my buddy last night,  but he bailed. Later in the night my wife comes down stairs and shows me a video from his wife's snap chat; they were at a party with 15 (ish) people compact in a small area with no masks on getting hammered. Wont be chilling with until this is all over, unfortunately. Anyone deal with a similar situation? Having to stop hanging out with people who are risky?

No, but with work, I am very apprehensive about continuing to work with the mall being open.  I am only working part time, and helping out our other locations, but once more people start showing up and the movie theater reopens, I might have to evaluate where I am working as far as our organization goes.  

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If too many people are evicted, then the property owners will have a severely limited pool of renters to choose from.  They need to tread very carefully here.  

I’ve read the asinine notion that they believe people will always be moving and looking for places to live.

Uh, not if their broke and don’t feel comfortable moving around during a pandemic chief.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Social media is obviously a cess pool...but I dont know if there is a worse group right now than High School football coaches. No offense to anyone who might coach on this site, but holy cow.

I genuinely feel terrible for high schoolers. This virus is completely  screwing them. They can’t even get off the ground running.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Social media is obviously a cess pool...but I dont know if there is a worse group right now than High School football coaches. No offense to anyone who might coach on this site, but holy cow.

I can easily see two communities in my county being extremely bent out of shape over this.  

11 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I can easily see two communities in my county being extremely bent out of shape over this.  

I mean the same guys who will preach all they care about is their kids safety... and all I see is tweets like “If we don’t get to ply I’ll...” “Kids aren’t even at risk let them play” blah blah blah.

Like dude, the last concern anyone has is HS football, and I coach 3 sports and now how important sports are. I’m not going to be thumping the table for basketball to happen though.

Edited by MookieMonstah
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean the same guys who will preach all they care about is their kids safety... and all I see is tweets like “If we don’t get to ply I’ll...” “Kids aren’t even at risk let them play” blah blah blah.

Like dude, the last concern anyone has is HS football, and I coach 3 sports and now how important sports are. I’m not going to be thumping the table for basketball to happen though.

Exactly.  If we are struggling with the MLB testing people, and major college universities are halting practice due to Covid, then what do they realistically think is going to make high school football immune from the same struggles?  It's selfish on them, when it should be about the kids.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Exactly.  If we are struggling with the MLB testing people, and major college universities are halting practice due to Covid, then what do they realistically think is going to make high school football immune from the same struggles?  It's selfish on them, when it should be about the kids.  

It’s super ugly. 

2 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

I’ve seen so much irresponsibility on Snapchat it isn’t even funny. Last night I saw snaps from a pool party that ended up indoors. About 15 people, zero masks, and passing around a bottle and drinking from it. Not waterfall drinking but actually putting their mouths on the bottle. 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I’ve read the asinine notion that they believe people will always be moving and looking for places to live.

Uh, not if their broke and don’t feel comfortable moving around during a pandemic chief.

I wonder if there is anything that could be done for landlords who may be able to subsidize or write off even a small portion of rent if people are in dire financial situations. 

16 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I have a school question.

How much would health insurance concerns sway re-opening?

As in, districts have a reason to believe their premiums will spike now or in the future if the schools reopen?

This is a good question and something I haven't seen discussed.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I have a school question.

How much would health insurance concerns sway re-opening?

As in, districts have a reason to believe their premiums will spike now or in the future if the schools reopen?

My boss's unemployment insurance is tied to a history of proven claims.  I would imagine something similar is the case here, although I wouldn't put it past some insurance companies to have "force majeure" policies to cover something like a pandemic.