Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Just now, acowboys62 said:

I hope some of you re-calibrate your expectations in this world.  We have an insane amount of science and data on what being obese does, half the country does not care, they pay the price.  We have an insane amount of science and data on what smoking does, people don't care, they continue on.  We have an insane amount of data on what hard drugs do, guess what...people don't care.  It sucks that this one impacts the people who do care significantly more by putting them at a greater risk, but this world/country is always going to have absolute morons.  Focus that energy on doing good for yourselves instead of worrying about a portion of the population that literally does not understand simple concepts. You know the areas, avoid them, if you can't, protect yourself, shop off hours if you must go out, avoid busy places. I don't know the solution but I sure know it is not going to change with people yelling/shaming/whatever one another. 

You being fat doesn't effect my health or my families health, so I'm not sure how that comparison is relevant.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

That's not even remotely true. All the signs are positive on a vaccine, many projecting to get one by January.

Please explain to me how being in school is worth thousands of kids possibly dying.

I don't have an opinion one way or the other whether weather kids should be in school or not but it's not that simple as keeping them home until no one is at risk of dying. 

Apparently 187 kids died from the flu last year.  I don't know how many got it from being in school,  but isn't that 187 too many?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TVScout said:

You on the other hand have provided nothing but deconstruction of posts made by others. As if the best course of action is to continue with a total  lock down that cannot be sustained and which will ultimately lead to a cataclysmic  collapse of society and perhaps even civilization itself. No population group is more than a few missed meals away from anomie. We will be condemned to future characterized by a permanently stunted generation. It will be almost as if every pregnant woman were forced to take thalidomide.

I've deconstructed your posts because you share things that are incomplete or misleading.

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

People who aren't wearing masks because they agree with you politically. "Both sides are the same"-ism is a tried and true political deflection strategy. It's old news man. Gonna have to do better.

You really think you are just the smartest person going don't you?  And somehow you used to throw around the smug word, my man, you are that very thing.  I am an independent who did not vote in the last election, will not partake in the upcoming one, but you keep doing you.  It may shock you to know this, but a person can be many things and believe multiple things to be true.  Masks are not political (shouldn't be at least), I made my thoughts clear on masks many pages ago.  If you can't get what my comment was about, feel free to DM me, I think you are smart enough to get what I was saying however and I imagine you have zero retort for that so you do this thing where you make clever statements and then don't respond eventually.  Stay healthy my friend. 

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

I don't have an opinion one way or the other whether weather kids should be in school or not but it's not that simple as keeping them home until no one is at risk of dying. 

Apparently 187 kids died from the flu last year.  I don't know how many got it from being in school,  but isn't that 187 too many?

How many of them weren't vaccinated? 

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

We have a vaccine for the flu. That comparison is silly, and you know it. We have preventable measures for the flu.

You say you don't have an opinion, but it seems quite clear that you do. I'm just looking for an explanation as to why we should risk thousands of kids health and well being, along with teachers and other staff so we can open schools. Remote learning isn't on par with in the classroom stuff but its certainly viable until we have a vaccine. Do you disagree? If so, why? Im willing to discuss and hear you out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

It depends. If there was a flu vaccine that would permanently eradicate every strain of flu and we thought it'd be ready in 3 months, that'd be an interesting conversation to have. Risk/reward can change wildly even if the baseline risk stays the same.

1 minute ago, acowboys62 said:

You really think you are just the smartest person going don't you?

Not really. The conversation went:

Everyone "People who wear masks are stupid"
You: "Everyone's a hypocrite."
@LETSGOBROWNIES: "what the hell are you talking about"
You: "Politics"

Don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out what you're doing is politicizing an issue.

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

You being fat doesn't effect my health or my families health, so I'm not sure how that comparison is relevant.

My point being you aren't going to change it.  You just happen to not care if an obese person dies vs a COVID patient because you can't catch the first one.  You ain't going to change the first persons mind and you ain't going to change an anti-mask persons mind.  Facts are irrelevant to both. 

1 minute ago, acowboys62 said:

My point being you aren't going to change it.  You just happen to not care if an obese person dies vs a COVID patient because you can't catch the first one.  You ain't going to change the first persons mind and you ain't going to change an anti-mask persons mind.  Facts are irrelevant to both. 

Welp, you managed to entirely miss his point... Person A's obesity is not communicable to person B. At no point did he say that he doesn't care about people dying. 

• Like 1

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Not really. The conversation went:

Everyone "People who wear masks are stupid"
You: "Everyone's a hypocrite."
@LETSGOBROWNIES: "what the hell are you talking about"
You: "Politics"

Don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out what you're doing is politicizing an issue.

Which is why I said I would drop it.  Me trying to point out the irony in a situation is not me taking a side, but clearly you and me have some sort of problem. I think both parties are pretty damn stupid and anyone with a one track mind is a stupid person in my book. 

Just now, JDBrocks said:

Welp, you managed to entirely miss his point... Person A's obesity is not communicable to person B. At no point did he say that he doesn't care about people dying. 

Not really, he entirely missed my point.  I never said anything about obesity being contagious, so why would anyone go there?  The point is you or anyone on this thread or others are not going to change the minds of these anti mask people, it is just not going to happen, ever.  There are people who do not care about science, facts or the general public, that is never going to change.  We live in a country were throwing a COVID party is a thing, I am not sure it gets any dumber than that.  

Just now, acowboys62 said:

Not really, he entirely missed my point.  I never said anything about obesity being contagious, so why would anyone go there?  The point is you or anyone on this thread or others are not going to change the minds of these anti mask people, it is just not going to happen, ever.  There are people who do not care about science, facts or the general public, that is never going to change.  We live in a country were throwing a COVID party is a thing, I am not sure it gets any dumber than that.  

You can dismiss facts and science when it doesn't effect other people. Most people don't think obese people are bad people or selfish. Not wearing a mask is selfish, ignoring the science behind it endangers other people.

A better comparison would've been drunk drivers.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

We have a vaccine for the flu. That comparison is silly, and you know it. We have preventable measures for the flu.

You say you don't have an opinion, but it seems quite clear that you do. I'm just looking for an explanation as to why we should risk thousands of kids health and well being, along with teachers and other staff so we can open schools. Remote learning isn't on par with in the classroom stuff but its certainly viable until we have a vaccine. Do you disagree? If so, why? Im willing to discuss and hear you out.

Are you going to be comfortable sending your kids to school next to kids that aren't vaccinated? Won't there still be some risk there?

I mostly just had a problem with saying that we would be sentencing. 02% of the population to death if we open the schools up when according to the current data and projections that is far from true.  

I don't have kids so but I'm guessing some kids will do better with remote learning and some will do a lot worse. I definitely think it is an option depending on the level of risk.  I don't think you can do remote learning until there is 0 risk

12 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

He has opinions until he’s presented with reason and facts and the he’s “just asking a question”.

He’s nothing if not consistent.