Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Most recent CDC information on children. This doesn’t seem to have been fudged with.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/pediatric-hcp.html

Due to community mitigation measures and school closures, transmission of SARS-CoV-2 to and among children may have been reduced in the United States during the pandemic in the spring and early summer of 2020. This may explain the low incidence in children compared with adults. Comparing trends in pediatric infections before and after the return to in-person school and other activities may provide additional understanding about infections in children.

3 hours ago, Xenos said:

"Comparing trends in pediatric infections before and after the return to in-person school and other activities may provide additional understanding about infections in children."

"We'll be able to learn more about the disease in children with their dead bodies."

Sigh. Someone tell the CDC to get Qyburn out of the basement, he's up to something again.

(Also, I know you didn't say this, the multi-quote feature wasn't working.)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

"We'll be able to learn more about the disease in children with their dead bodies."

Sigh. Someone tell the CDC to get Qyburn out of the basement, he's up to something again.

(Also, I know you didn't say this, the multi-quote feature wasn't working.)

Oh I understand. Probably should have provided more context when I quoted that portion. But essentially I was in an argument with someone that it was not safe for kids to go back to school normally without any mitigation measures to keep them and the school staff safe. And his response was that current data shows that children were safe so it was fine and provided the fudged CDC report from a few weeks ago. I then quoted this portion to him and then decided to post the same info here. But yeah, it’s an important disclaimer that everyone needs to see. 

This is needed:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.06.13.20129841v1

Abstract

Abstract Rapid, scalable, point-of-need, COVID-19 diagnostic testing is necessary to safely re-open economies and prevent future outbreaks. We developed an assay that detects single copies of SARS-CoV-2 virus directly from saliva and swab samples in 30 min using a simple, one-step protocol that utilizes only a heat block and microcentrifuge tube prefilled with a mixture containing the necessary reagents and has a sensitivity and specificity of 97% and 100%, respectively.

Well, I guess stupidity isn’t isolated to the US.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/08/17/903282953/we-can-t-live-like-zombies-protesters-in-spain-decry-covid-19-mask-mandate

In a country that has witnessed more than 28,600 deaths since the start of the pandemic, some carried signs reading "The virus does not exist" and "Masks kill."

Among the speakers at the rally was anti-vaccination activist Josep PĂ mies, who told people to spread the word in their towns and neighborhoods that the coronavirus is not dangerous.

Others chanted, "What kills is 5G," a reference to a conspiracy theory linking the coronavirus to the latest cellphone technology.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 8:54 PM, rob_shadows said:

Considering my smell still isn't back to 100% 19 days after onset of symptoms I can say for sure that it definitely already effects the nose anyway.

No other symptoms remain for anyone wondering, just haven't fully recovered smell and taste yet... Getting there... Taste is oddly returning faster than smell which makes no sense to me but still not 100% I'd say taste is at maybe 80% and smell maybe 60%.

out of curiosity, did someone recommend you take zinc early on? apparently its supposed to help with taste/smell returning?