Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

5 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I'm confused as to what the reported abuse going down has do with this? If it just isn't being reported because they aren't in school,  doesn't that support the argument about sending them back?

Abuse is horrible. Buts it’s not quite as bad as death. 

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Yes but the way it was phrased sounded like the abuse had something to do with it not being safe to go to school

That could just be me though

Why should parents who do not abuse their children have to “take one for the team” and risk their children’s lives sending them back to school?

• Like 2

That’s basically the point.  Abuse happens, and we have a larger unknown figure of it now because mandated reporters have less access.  But, abuse happened before, during, and will after COVID.

It’s just a disingenuous argument propagated by people with an alternative agenda, and spread by QAnon hysteria.

• Like 1

My point is that data point on abuse is CLEARLY wrong and that abuse isn’t down because teachers and coaches report roughly 40% of all cases, hence a manipulative and incorrect data point as far as data points go.

The one below it would be an accurate projection of nationwide COVID numbers that can be verified and documented.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Yes but the way it was phrased sounded like the abuse had something to do with it not being safe to go to school

That could just be me though

I think his point was that yes, it would be a great thing if we were to get back to our higher reporting rate of abuse against children, but we shouldn’t trade the lives of four children for 4 children to be able to more easily report their abuse. 

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

They’ve been trying to evacuate 750,000+ people in Louisiana due to the hurricane.

I said this back in May. Hurricane season is going to make all of the bad things going on even uglier.

Yeah, my madre lives in Lake Charles and was calling me asking me what to do. gtfo there is what you should do. took her over half a day to get to tennessee to family with the roads being wild.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

My point is that data point on abuse is CLEARLY wrong and that abuse isn’t down because teachers and coaches report roughly 40% of all cases, hence a manipulative and incorrect data point as far as data points go.

The one below it would be an accurate projection of nationwide COVID numbers that can be verified and documented.

oh gotcha you were more just comparing the accuracy of the data?

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

oh gotcha you were more just comparing the accuracy of the data?

Correct. Essentially strictly from a data standpoint, there are things that can be incorrectly inferred, such as abuse being down (it’s absolutely not) because of documented cases being down (why are they down...less mandated reporters) vs a worldwide projection on a scale in the millions applied to schools restarting that no one wants to acknowledge.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

They’ve been trying to evacuate 750,000+ people in Louisiana due to the hurricane.

I said this back in May. Hurricane season is going to make all of the bad things going on even uglier.

Fire season may cause CA to blow up as well 😔

25 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Yeah, my madre lives in Lake Charles and was calling me asking me what to do. gtfo there is what you should do. took her over half a day to get to tennessee to family with the roads being wild.

I could never live down south. I can’t imagine playing Russian Roulette every year.