Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

9 minutes ago, mission27 said:

We said it was highly seasonal and it is highly seasonal 

So unfortunately it turns out, the MoL was 100% right, as always

...nah. It was still bad over the summer...It's just super bad now. This is one of the biggest goal post moves I've ever seen lmao. I respect the hell out of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

...nah. It was still bad over the summer...It's just super bad now. This is one of the biggest goal post moves I've ever seen lmao. I respect the hell out of it.

Lol JFC your lack of knowledge on this is breathtaking 

Edited by mission27
  • Like 1

On 11/23/2020 at 12:17 PM, mission27 said:

Lol JFC your lack of knowledge on this is breathtaking 

You painted it as if it didn't really effect warmer climates, your biggest examples were South America having very low infection rates...Then it exploded in warmer climates and was still very bad in America during the summer...Its now getting even worse when you add the cold/flu season. That doesn't mean you were right lmao. 

But sure brotha, pat yourself on the back because you moved the goal posts a few miles. 

Edited by MookieMonstah
  • Like 1

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

You painted it as if it didn't really effect warmer climates, your biggest examples were South America having very low infection rates...Then it exploded in warmer climates and was still very bad in America during the summer...Its not getting even worse when you add the cold/flu season. That doesn't mean you were right lmao. 

But sure brotha, pat yourself on the back because you moved the goal posts a few miles. 

I didn't "paint" it any way

I said the virus was highly likely to have a seasonal pattern of transmission like every other similar virus

And it very clearly does, this is no longer even an open point in the community 

You're flat out wrong and your anti-intellectual attitude and lack of epidemiological education has no place on a football message board tbh

• Like 4

I know quite a few nurses( healthcare workers in general) that don't want to take the vaccine. It's going to be interesting to see if it becomes mandatory. For the flu vaccine- we can choose to opt out, but must wear a mask during flu season if we do opt out.

Edited by WizeGuy

24 minutes ago, mission27 said:
3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't see how we aren't back to normal by 2022.

Anti vax

Polling for vaccines are already improving. I'd agree that people refusing to take it is the last hurdle, but don't think there is a reasonable chance enough people refuse to get it that we have to meaningfully extend social distancing measures or anything like that.

21 minutes ago, mission27 said:

I didn't "paint" it any way

I said the virus was highly likely to have a seasonal pattern of transmission like every other similar virus

And it very clearly does, this is no longer even an open point in the community 

You're flat out wrong and your anti-intellectual attitude and lack of epidemiological education has no place on a football message board tbh

Saying it will get worse in the Winter is significantly different than saying heat will kill this off (which it didn’t). Whatever you say though, boss. I couldn’t care less, enjoy the W.

Cases are going up.  ACTUAL deaths are not.  If you look at the survival rate, that is going up with every new case they report.  It won't be long until the numbers show that the chances of dying from Covid-19 are about the same as dying from a cold.  We just need to insure there is honesty in reporting "deaths."  Someone who "dies of Covid-19" after being in a vicious motorcycle accident, is not a Covid-19 death in my book, even if they try to say it is in their book.

It sounds like the new vaccine that will be coming out soon should put an end to the "pandemic" and all of the plans for shut downs, masks, etc.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Cases are going up.  ACTUAL deaths are not.  If you look at the survival rate, that is going up with every new case they report.  It won't be long until the numbers show that the chances of dying from Covid-19 are about the same as dying from a cold.  We just need to insure there is honesty in reporting "deaths."  Someone who "dies of Covid-19" after being in a vicious motorcycle accident, is not a Covid-19 death in my book, even if they try to say it is in their book.

It sounds like the new vaccine that will be coming out soon should put an end to the "pandemic" and all of the plans for shut downs, masks, etc.

Yes, treatment has gotten worlds better. Just lol at the motorcycle thing.

29 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

First off- deaths are going up at a steep rate. Secondly, the cases we're seeing now wont be reflected by deaths for another 3-4 weeks when you take into account how long the virus takes to kill a patient and the lag in death reporting.

Hospitals are still being swamped by those infected with this virus, and deaths are at a staggering number. They're not being inflated. If anything- It's the other way around, and I'd bet my bottom dollar on that.

Source: A healthcare worker whose hospital is seeing surge #2. This virus is a mean SOB. Ignore whatever your news feed on facebook is telling you.

Youre right, though. The vaccines will put an end to this pandemic.

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Polling for vaccines are already improving. I'd agree that people refusing to take it is the last hurdle, but don't think there is a reasonable chance enough people refuse to get it that we have to meaningfully extend social distancing measures or anything like that.

True, probably will kill quite a few people tho

But I agree w you. The end is near. 

1 hour ago, WizeGuy said:

First off- deaths are going up at a steep rate. Secondly, the cases we're seeing now wont be reflected by deaths for another 3-4 weeks when you take into account how long the virus takes to kill a patient and the lag in death reporting.

Yup deaths will certainly continue to rise and surpass March

I still don’t think we are close to the apocalyptic Wuhan/NYC style outbreak yet because you have to consider almost all of those 2500 deaths a day were concentrated in a couple metro areas. But we could still get there in certain places (Chicago maybe?)

And now it’s incredibly wide spread unfortunately 

Obvi survival rates are better than in March but that doesn’t prevent mass death when 1 in 200 Americans test positive every week or whatever were at 

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

It won't be long until the numbers show that the chances of dying from Covid-19 are about the same as dying from a cold.  

Lol I’ve been one of the strong voices on here saying the fatality rate is overstated but this is a ridiculous comment

We don’t need refrigerator trucks to store people who’ve died of sniffles 

• Like 2